• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    What are they doing... first they increase the levels and then they decrease? >.< I see a Gengar Lv. 23 then xD (hopefully not)
    When did they decrease? o-o
    And blah a level less or more is damn not important.

I honestly can't look at any more screenshots, i'm too excited, because just the concept of those games (current, upgraded remakes of the best Pokegames ever) make them the best Pokegames ever o-o

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Whitney Pokémon were decreased by 1 lv compared to GS and it's quite of an importance >.<

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Odd about the level decrease. Note though that it has an ability this time around (Thick Fat), comes with a Lum Berry, and who knows, there may be less of an ability to train in-between Ilex Forest and Goldenrod. Route looks different around the Day Care after all - or they may not expect (or allow? D=) one to train north of Goldenrod... etc. (Plus it is known for owning players with Rollout hax in GSC... hmm). Hard to judge without the game.

Either way, levels are lower now for one gym out of three, the other two being higher. Let's wait for the rest of them first. PATIENCE! =D

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Whitney Pokémon were decreased by 1 lv compared to GS and it's quite of an importance >.<

If a decrease is of utter importance, why are people complaining that the other leader "only" got a 1 level increase?

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    As you may overread, I was also complaining about Bugsys increase of only 1 Lv. =)

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    I'm with bobandbill I wouldn't necessarily start complaining until we get to see the gyms as whole. So far I am fairly happy with the level increase though a bit disappointed with Whitney's level decrease. Anyway at the rate this girl is going we should be seeing a couple more gyms before the end of the day, minus school time and stuff like that.

Years
    Didn't a lot of people complain about Whitney's Miltank being too hard? Now, we're (not me exactly) upset about her Pokemon being 1 level weaker? It's not that bad. A lot of people said that Whitney was the hardest gym leader in another thread here. It's okay if it's a one level decrease. There's not a lot of areas to train in between Azalea and Goldenrod. It's good that it decreased one level. It doesn't mean that Morty will be weaker, because we might be required to go to the Burned Tower before battling him.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I hope that nobody missunderstands me, I'm also happy with those games and I'm still looking forward for the other GYMs. I don't think that all places will be underleveled like they were in G/S. At least I still have the hope =)

Can't wait for Morty^^

\e: Yeah but if they would increase the levels of the routes (I mean Lv. 4 - 7 Pokémon in Ilex Forest...meh not really good) then we would also get stronger and so there'd be no probs with higher levels. But as long as we have to train against Lv. 4 Raupys before Whitney, it's clear that people find it hard battling her^^ I know there are 10-12 Pokémon the route right before Goldenrod but compared to the levels like they appear in D/P/Pt, it's still underleveled.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Didn't a lot of people complain about Whitney's Miltank being too hard? Now, we're (not me exactly) upset about her Pokemon being 1 level weaker? It's not that bad. A lot of people said that Whitney was the hardest gym leader in another thread here. It's okay if it's a one level decrease. There's not a lot of areas to train in between Azalea and Goldenrod. It's good that it decreased one level. It doesn't mean that Morty will be weaker, because we might be required to go to the Burned Tower before battling him.

I remember how frustrated I was with that horrible Miltank. Took me a lot of tries, frustration, etc, etc, to beat her. I was only 8, for god sake!

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    Maybe I'm in denial or it just has been that long but I really don't remember properly having any problems with Whitney period.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    I think Morty's level should be higher as i believe there are quite a few trainers on the way to Ecruteak, plus there will be the team rocket and kimono girls event.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Maybe I'm in denial or it just has been that long but I really don't remember properly having any problems with Whitney period.

Might depend if you went training north of Goldenrod, which you could do in GSC (no idea about this here though =/). By far though, if you look around the one Gym Leader mentioned the most as giving people trouble is Whitney.

Can't say one level less + Thick Fat + Lum Berry (and possibly/probably new moves?) and a Clefairy with Magic Guard being necessarily that noticeably weaker though (and if one can't train north of Goldenrod, or they don't expect people to do so, maybe that explains it nicely?)

Again - we must wait and see. No point complaining at this rate, really, I guess. I would prefer higher, but we need more than this. And also those other gym leaders. =P
    I think Morty's level should be higher as i believe there are quite a few trainers on the way to Ecruteak, plus there will be the team rocket and kimono girls event.
    And if Burnt Tower is necessary to beat before the Gym... (Eusine is back and a Crystal NPC maybe as well given a screenshot months back...if that's the same, may be the case?)

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Whitney is using a level 17 Clefairy and level 19 Miltank. Originally, both Pokemon were a level higher. Miltank knows Attract, Stomp, Milk Drink, and Rollout and is holding a Lum Berry. These are the same attacks Miltank originally knew, which may indicate that even the attacks haven't changed for the Gym Leader rosters. Whitney grants the player an Attract TM for defeating her.
    Source: PokéBeach

Also I've never had any problems with her as I was always trading a Drowzee against Machop and leveled her (always a female one) in the GYM =)

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2016
    Ecruteak!
    [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    The gym rosters are staying the same now? Blegh. That sucks. I'm seriously disappointed now. Metapod and Kakuna are really pathetic for the second gym. I'd have loved to have seen them evolve, or maybe Spinarak or Ledyba come in. Sure, they want to make it easier for the Chikorita line, but it's not like they've held back that much in other games. If you picked Charmander, Misty still has a Starmie, one of the best Pokemon in the game. And if you face Gardenia with a Piplup, then too bad, 'cos she has a Roserade, a Pokemon also used by this region's Champion.

By the second gym, you've caught a lot of new Pokemon anyway, the aim is not just to go through with your starter. Here's a list of Pokemon catchable before the second gym, all with super-effective STAB attacks against Bug, Poison and/or Flying (the types involved with Bugsy's roster).

Geodude
    Onix
    Spearow
    Pidgey
    Hoothoot
    Slowpoke
    Mareep
    Zubat
    Growlithe (Crystal)

I'm not even including the Goldeen with Peck, or the Sandshrew and Phanphy with Rollout.

EDIT: And now Whitney's been nerfed. Rubbish. The games always needed a challenge, that Miltank was one of the best things about GSC's gyms.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Source: PokéBeach

Also I've never had any problems with her as I was always trading a Drowzee against Machop and leveled her (always a female one) in the GYM =)
    That was also posted by serebii over half an hour ago, apparently. =/

Given the TMs for the 1st/2nd gyms are different, then it suggest they use those moves (as they do always use the TM they give out), so actually I think that disproves the 'moves haven't changed' idea. (Stomp = STAB and flinch hax against slow pokes, Rollout is Rollout, Milk Drink = healing for a bulky poke, Attract is the only 'eh' move and have the time it may screw someone over anyways. XD)

Machop was basically an assured win if training was done with it (But said training was usually done north of Goldenrod, really). Otherwise, people usually found themselves stuck against her.

EDIT: Also,
    [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    No one said anything about the gyms staying the same Charmageddon, besides I have a sneaking feeling that they are about to make up for Whitney's lower levels big time.

Anyway so she is Eucutreak can't wait to see what Morty's Pokemon levels are like.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back