• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(SPOILERS!) Pokemon Violet Team :)

Years
  • For my first playthrough, I will be choosing Quaxly! :D I love the dancer theme that Quaquaval has! :)

Spoiler:

What do you think of my team? :) And are there any confirmed leaks for stats and movesets of Ceruledge and Tinkerton? Thank you for reading!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am still unsure at what game I will be getting. It is the first time I have been this split down the middle. Honestly the same with starters. While I don't look at stats, I do try to get type coverage. I also probably won't pay attention to moves until I actually get there. I also usually have a rotating team and try to avoid using Legendries.

Purely New Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

New Old Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Old Pokemon:
    While I try to use only new pokemon at the start, I will sometimes use old pokemon. Gogoat is one of those old pokemon. It has long been forgotten and hasn't been in a game since Kalos Games nor has it even made it to Pokemon Go yet. It is my favorite grass type pokemon and it would be a shame not to us it some.

Paradox:
    Spoiler:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • For my first playthrough, I will be choosing Quaxly! :D I love the dancer theme that Quaquaval has! :)

Spoiler:

What do you think of my team? :) And are there any confirmed leaks for stats and movesets of Ceruledge and Tinkerton? Thank you for reading!

As for there being confirmed leaks, yes they exist. For anybody else, if you don't want to be spoiled, avoid clicking the spoiler tag below.

I'm not the biggest fan of your team. Here's why:

Spoiler:

Otherwise, I'm not the biggest fan of this team. It has too many weaknesses to Ground-type attacks, none of your team has a Speed stat that exceeds 100, making them really easy to outspeed (and also many are too fast for Trick Room), and you also have no good lead that can pivot and/or use Stealth Rock, or reliable physical or special sweepers that can actually outspeed most Pokémon and be strong enough to KO them at the same time. For instance, I can literally outspeed and wreck your entire team with just my Garchomp. Personally, if it were up to me, I'd use better options than the ones chosen.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I'll be honest, when I posted this, I completely read your first post wrong lol. I thought you were asking for our teams. I was half asleep lol. As for your own team, everyone has their own opinion. I don't particularly care for Pikachu. While I'd have used it in the past, I'd never suggest using it now.

I also agree with the above, you have a large amount of weaknesses to ground. But I can't say anything, because in my Alola USUM Team, I have a large amount of weaknesses to Psychic, so I struggled badly with Ultra Necrozma. I finally had to use a cheap trick with a Lv 30 Zorua to beat it in two hits. I also don't always pay attention to my weaknesses. So i am not the one to talk about type disadvantages lol.

Years
  • [SPOILERS] Pokemon Violet team 2 (IMPROVED)!

After seeing your guys comments on how weak my Pokémon team is, I decided to start over in creating my team! I'm choosing Sprigatito now for my first playthrough and Quaxly for my second, as I now know that choosing Quaxly is the game's 'hard mode' like choosing Snivy in black and white and choosing Chikorita in HgSs.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Because you improving your team basically covers the same topic as your previous thread, I just merged this thread with the previous one. In addition, when you post a thread and you might not get replies quick enough, I wouldn't recommend bumping unless it takes a really long time to get replies, such as a matter of days maybe. In any case though, just be patient and people would eventually respond. I am going to give my opinion on your team in another post. 😊

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Ok, sorry 😢

You're fine. No worries. 😊

After seeing your guys comments on how weak my Pokémon team is, I decided to start over in creating my team! I'm choosing Sprigatito now for my first playthrough and Quaxly for my second, as I now know that choosing Quaxly is the game's 'hard mode' like choosing Snivy in black and white and choosing Chikorita in HgSs.

Spoiler:

Now, let's get into it:

Spoiler:

I would say that this is a much better team you came up with. You did great making it and I'm proud of you. 😊 Also, I don't want to be the type of person that 100% discourages people from using whatever Pokémon they want. I say use whatever you like. That previous post was just my opinion. If you really liked those Pokémon, by all means, use them too. However, if you ever plan on playing Pokémon seriously, I wouldn't recommend using that team because those weaknesses could be easily exploited. However, if you just want to use that team for fun, by all means enjoy yourself. In fact, I encourage players to play with more than one team. Pokémon is a game that players should be able to enjoy how they want to enjoy it.

Years
  • OK thank you 😁I prefer Sprigatito over Quaxly anyways as I like cats more than ducks. And I will switch in Pikachu and Kilowattrel constantly as I love both those Pokemon (I will use Pikachu for more causal battles, like trainer battles and I will use Kilowattrel for more serious battles, like bosses and gyms.)

Back