• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spongebob!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
  • I may be 15, but Spongebob is my favorite show and I watch it almost every day.

Does anyone else like it?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I never used to watch this show. But seeing as I don't get much choice on a Saturday morning as I only have 4 channels in my room. I watched it and it actually isn't that bad a show. There are plenty of other good showers but for a Saturday morning it is good and I can see why the younger audiences would like it.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I don't watch it anymore, but Spongebob was fantastic. Probably the only worthwile thing Nickelodeon has left.

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
  • I'd say Jimmy Neutron and Fairly Oddparents are still very worthwhile Nick shows too. But I miss oldschool Nick...I'm 20 and I grew up on all the old stuff...

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • Spongebob's not bad if you're looking for a quick laugh, but I personally think that it'd be better if it were just a little more organized with jokes and parodies of stuff instead of just one random thing after another. Not that would really make it something I'd watch.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    I love spongebob and im 14 so......
    it doesnt matter if your 15 and watch spongebob! :D

hannahmiley

Rock Star/Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • The show's retardedly funny, that's what makes me LOVE it so much! ^-^

You're never too old for Spongebob! I love him! (Even though I'm 13... So do all the teens in my school, LOL)

PS: My comment contains no offense, I just think that the show is downright funny.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I ADORE Spongebob. for those who rememebr my original profile bio, I did mention that.

Spongebob, now, is a mere shadow of its former self. The fun and unique plots aren't what they used to be; they are too complicated or boring.

also, the characters have lost their luster. Patrick has gone from funny and stupid to just...stupid. His lack of intelligence has been taken to new heights, and has actually made Patrick more of an annoying character than a funny one.

Squidward has gone from a cynical, dull, slouch of a neighbor to a sea creature in need of anger management counseling. Squidy is still pretty funny, but isn't what he used to be. HE is no longer grouchy, but more along the lines of mean, which IMO, takes away from his character.

Spongebob might be the creature affected the most. first, the voice change...his new voice is shrill and annoying. He also, like Squidward Patrick, and other characters I've yet to mention, has lost his luster. What I mean is that he is an exagerated form of himself. It's like making a cartoon of a cartoon show. His behaviors arwe too overexagerated and take away from the enjoyment of watching Spongebob.

then there's sandy, who turned into a mad scientist. From the episode "Sandy's Rocket," we've known Sandy is extremely smart, but again, they have exagerated her characteristics. It's almost like she's building time machines now.

One lasty thing to vent on-how many new Plankton episodes can they make?

All of this started in season 4, where everything went totally wrong. Seasons 1, 2, and 3 were absolutely brilliant entertainment with witty plots and scenarios, funny characters (and some of thos lines!), and an overall great viewing experience. The greatest kids show ever, before it jumped the shark. Nickelodeon has gotten greedy and have ruined YET ANTOHER show. Good thing I have the first three seasons on DVD to watch anytime.

MY favorite all-time line has to be the episode "Pickles" when bubblebass walks up to the register at the Krusty Krab, and Squidward mutters, "Let me guess, Tiny, a small salad?" Bubblebass has other plans...this isn't an exact quote, but Bubblebass' order went something like, "I'd like a double triple balty delux, on a raft. 4 by 4 animal style, extra shingles with a shimmy and a squeeze, light axle grease, make it cry, burn it, and let it swim." Squidward simply responds, "We serve FOOD here sir."

Classic stuff. It's a shame what has happened to spongebob.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • i used to watch Spongebob when there was nothing on TV. it seemed like a great show, and still is. so i watch spongebob quite a bit now.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Meh, Spongebob has always been stupid for me, but I watched it because it was really funny half the time. I don't watch it anymore because I don't watch TV anymore. O_O

But I remember an episode in which Bob and Patrick got a baby clamperl clam and raised it. There was a part where a couple saw them and a thought bubble appeared:

SPONGE + STAR = CLAM ?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Spongebob is the greatest ever. xD Sandy = awesome. ;D

And I think the randomness is the whole appeal, really. I think it's perfect as is, there's no need to add more structure or anything. Who doesn't want to watch a show about a sponge who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

(I like Fairly Oddparents more, though. That show will always be the greatest thing on Nick, I think.)

Agreed ^_^

It's kind of like listening to your favorite music, it never gets old.

eDIT: though I like SB more than the fairly odd parents, though it too is a good show.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron are the funniest Nick shows EVER! I watch each everyday and I always laugh, even if I seen the episode before!

Today, they gave the Spongebob episode when Mr. Krabs sold Spongebob's soul for 62 cents. I'm still laughing...

Back