• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Spring 2010 release confirmed

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Cool. are those the logos? they look pretty cool too!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Spring of 2010 was pretty predictable looking back at previous releases. The release of Platinum itself was during Spring of this year as well in the states. It is glad that confirmation has been announces though as I'm sure it'll please many of the American fans as well as European and Australian. Though, the preview of the game seemed really great and a lot of three dimensional aspects of it was shown as well. The insights to the game was also pretty nice to see and I think when it's released I'll be on of the first in lines, [/lol].

Pre-orders for the American versions of HeartGold and SoulSilver would probably begin around late December to beginning January, though this is speculation of course. As for the game's logos, they are actually in a different text format. A bit surprise, but really nice nevertheless. I like it and a bit of change is pretty nice for a game so highly wanted.

YAY! I thought it was gonna be out right on the anniversairy day...UNLESS it is in Spring the anniversairy day and im an idiot :P
    But still YAY!!

Spring wouldn't be the anniversary release for the games, as the originals came out on October 15th for the American version. So, I'm glad to say you aren't an idiot, but with this being said I'm glad the release wasn't held until an anniversary release, but instead earlier like it has been these past few years.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Haha awesome they kept the names! Now I can always chuckle to myself as I imagine all the offended american kids thinking the names sound gay yet still buying them.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • Im going to pre-order both of them but hopefully I get both Ho-oh Lugia and since I pre-ordered both Arceus figures. But at Toys 'R Us Pre-orders will probally be what you said.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I had a really strong feeling in my gut that it was going to be a Spring release. Now it's just a matter of waiting. Any ideas on the start of pre-orders?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I had a really strong feeling in my gut that it was going to be a Spring release. Now it's just a matter of waiting. Any ideas on the start of pre-orders?

From past speculations and confirmation that the release will be during Spring, my guess is that pre-orders for the American copy won't begin until late December to January some time. Again, this is based on speculations. For instance, when Platinum's release date was uncovered for March 22 [a Spring release], pre-orders began around the end of December.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Why would it take so much time to damn translate? :S
    Anyways, fan translations will probably flow in 2-3 months, along with walkthroughs. And the Johto games are probably the ones I know the most so it won't matter for old school people~

P.S, spring actually means a year from now. Blah.

EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST. I confused and had a bit lack of knowledge...I feel stupid now lol

Last edited:

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    I'm kinda glad they kept the names and for once in the english pokemon life tge logo's dont look blah. o.o they actually kept the symbols unlike when they release Fr/Lg.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm kinda glad they kept the names and for once in the english pokemon life tge logo's dont look blah. o.o they actually kept the symbols unlike when they release Fr/Lg.

The names usually aren't altered from the Japanese versions from what I recall. However, I do agree on the logo for HeartGold and SoulSilver, it is different and gives the game a good impression. Like said, it isn't bland, but it appears more historic in a different point of view. The older looking of the text and the rugged edges [more so HeartGold] gives the game a more definite change compared to the past games before it. Other than this, there isn't much to say but lets wait another six or so months.

Back