• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spring Break 2008

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    How was spring break this year for you. I got back today from Hawaii. It was a good and a bad trip at the same time.

Pros.

I was with lots of friends from out of town.
    There was 2 good swimming pools.
    My family had a nice condo building.
    There were alot of beaches.
    I want to an aquarium.
    I want whale watching.
    I went to a hawaiin party called a lu-au.
    And my mom had a laptop.
    and I cant remember the rest.

Cons.
    I wasnt used to the time change which is 3 hours ahed for me.
    I hurt my knee when I smashed it up agenst a rock.
    On the 6 hour plane ride there A guy had a seizure.
    On the second full day I woke up at 4:33 in the morning and threw up. Then I threw up all day.
    The next day my dad got the flu also but he didnt throw up.Then 2 days later my mom got sick. But my brother didnt get sick.(lucky moron)
    Then on the trip back to my home town I hit my hurt knee with my suitcase and it started bleeding. Then probably worst of all I was trying to load my suitcase on a escalator but It made me fall backwards down the escalator.

It was good even with all that. Some people are probably still on vacation.
    Post what happened your spring break.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    :D

- I got candy. And money. And a frog puppet.
    - I went to go see 21 today. 'Twas a good movie.
    - Turned in my job application for Michael's. Work in an arts and crafts store should be cool.
    - I get to spend tomorrow night with my grandparents.
    - I got fried ice cream.
    - It doesn't take much to make me happy.
    - Staying up till four in the morning and sleeping in past noon is fun.

D:

- My head hurt for a couple days.
    - My friend randomly cancelled a shopping excursion I was looking forward to.
    - I basically lived off of oven-ready things all week. Surprisingly, taquitos get old sometimes.
    - I didn't get any cadbury eggs. >:O
    - I didn't work on my art project at all. It's due on monday.
    - Woah damn, I didn't type up my friend's script either. D: *typetypetype*

Yeah. I... didn't really go anywhere. :D;

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Over here in New York, Spring Break doesn't start until April 17th. Three more full weeks of school to go >_>

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Pros
    I'm in Florida :)
    I have alot of time to myself :)
    I still have a computer to work with ( obviously ) :)
    Swimming in the Ocean :)
    Sunbathing :)
    My Girlfriend is only 2 miles away ( she came with her family ) :)

Cons
    Sunburned :(
    I've been away from my Mac :(
    I'm using a Windows ME :(
    Girlfriend's Dad has a twisted ankle :(
    I'm using Windows ME :(

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I haven't done much at all this Spring Break. Couldn't go on vacation because of new baby, so I was home 95% of the time. So I don't have much to say here and I won't have much to say when I go back to school Monday. Oh well.

Pros:
    - I got a break from everything, which is exactly what I needed. None of my friends (none of my good ones, at least) were in town so I wasn't bothered at all and obviously there was no school or homework to deal with.
    - I got to go bowling, at least, which is one of my favorite activities to do.
    - I made my dad happy by visiting him at work with my stepmom/sisters one of the days.

Cons:
    - I haven't really been sleeping well.
    - My back has been hurting like hell.

Once Spring Break is over, I have my birthday two days later to look forward to so it won't be completely miserable.

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I almost got arrested :(
    Police pointed their gun at my had and cuffed me because they thought I was involved in a burglary.

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    Someone had broke a window at my friends house and the cops came, but when they came we thought they were burglars and ran (no lights no sirens etc.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ooh, Hawaii? That must've been a fun trip. :D I was born in Honolulu, but I haven't been back there in years... I'd love to go again someday.

As for my spring break, it was pretty normal for me. I think the most exciting thing that happened was when I received a letter from my Japanese pen-pal. It was very sweet and filled with pictures from her coming-of-age celebration, as well as a recent trip to an aquarium. That made my week~ ?

I also got lots of chocolate for Easter, which is always a good thing. XD

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    Ooh, Hawaii? That must've been a fun trip. :D I was born in Honolulu, but I haven't been back there in years... I'd love to go again someday.

As for my spring break, it was pretty normal for me. I think the most exciting thing that happened was when I received a letter from my Japanese pen-pal. It was very sweet and filled with pictures from her coming-of-age celebration, as well as a recent trip to an aquarium. That made my week~ ?

I also got lots of chocolate for Easter, which is always a good thing. XD

YAH it was pretty fun the apuarium where I went too was the best.

Someone had broke a window at my friends house and the cops came, but when they came we thought they were burglars and ran (no lights no sirens etc.)

Ok then that must of sucked hopefully that never happens again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Pros:
    Mine's 7 weeks long

Cons:
    I'm meant to be revising and have exams after T_T

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    running away scared from drunken american college students that haunt the streets of amsterdam

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Spring Break must be a big thing for Americans, eh? Anyone mind explaining why?

The equivilent here is two weeks long, and I'll be in Italy for one of them.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Spring Break must be a big thing for Americans, eh? Anyone mind explaining why?

The equivilent here is two weeks long, and I'll be in Italy for one of them.

Because it's the one time of the year the working class in America can feel free and happy and just have fun. I don't know why it is, perhaps Americans are more stressed during the normal weeks they have to work.. They are all afraid for terrorism, losing their health care, etc. Things we dont worry about in Europe.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Because it's the one time of the year the working class in America can feel free and happy and just have fun. I don't know why it is, perhaps Americans are more stressed during the normal weeks they have to work.. They are all afraid for terrorism, losing their health care, etc. Things we dont worry about in Europe.

Eh, Normal Americans like me don't really mind those things that much...That's only what you see in the media.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008

Haha...It's only funny because it's true ._.

My break doesn't start until mid-April..I think we get out the 12th?

I plan on spending most of my vacation either at the mall, or sitting on my fat-ass stationed at my computer ._.

I'm still 16, so there isn't really too much I can do on my own, and alot of my friends already had spring break =/

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    I didn't go anywhere. I -never- go anywhere... never been out of my state actually xD

Anyway, my spring break was great. I spent like, all day every day talking to my boyfriend and stuff. Intense, I know. :D

Other than that, I went over to a friend's house to finish up my make-up work (ugh, work on break, sucks) but we just ended up playing DDR and.. talking to my boyfriend more. |D

It just ended yesterday, and seems like it went by too fast. :/ Oh well~ Just have to wait for summer now.

Back