• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Sprite Offsets/Tables...?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2021
    First of all I'm VERY sorry if this is a stupid or incredibly simple question, I still am trying to wrap my head around how the mechanics of this stuff work.

So I want to edit pokemon in-battle sprites. I'm using NSE for that, and I need to know the offset for each sprite and palette. I found the following in another thread "The Offset Reference" from Christos:

Pokémon front sprites: 0x082350AC - table of pointers
    Pokémon back sprites: 0x0823654C - table of pointers
    Regular palettes: 0x0823730C - table of pointers, Pokémon palettes are compressed
    Shiny palettes: 0x082380CC - table of pointers

Would this be what I'm looking for?
    If so, do I need a specific program to access it? I have downloaded a hex editor "Gold Finger" but I am not sure if that's how I need to open/access/read the tables...

I would appreciate advice and/or any link that could help me understand how all of this works a little better.

Thank you for reading!

Just A Remixer

a low iq rom hacker
    Years
  • Dude, there's a built-in sprite editor that does just that(Unless you somehow don't have the Pokemonplugin). And if your ROM is A Ruby ROM(Or you don't have the pokemonplugin), just use Advance Series

Back