• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    A few years back this place was buzzing with conversations. PC on a whole seems a lot less active.

I've also noted the lack of an official contest this month, are we not doing those anymore?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah, it's kinda depressing that. Oh well.

Contests are still on, but we just need someone to host them really. They've also been suffering through a decline as late, due to a decreasing amount of entries, so yeah ._.,

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I would offer to host one, but I always slack off when it comes to judging, after writing up 8 odd reviews it gets tedious. Maybe we need a contest theme that'll apply to more of the community than just the Pixel art sub forum?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You'd be lucky to get 8 entries now I reckon XD

And as you should know, the theme is up to the host - it's just that not everyone ventures here, and even less would participate.

But if you can think of a good theme that would definitely encourage entries, then go right ahead ^^

Years
    my project idea got a lot of attention, still does.

I was gunna do a feburary contest but forgot XD

I remember last febs contest XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    x3 lol, i dont.
    too bad, what whith valentines dayn all that poop~
    heheh, odd tiem to think of duels! but yeah, id really like the idea... so look around and see how its done, coz if its not successful elsewhere, i dont think we should commit community suicide trying here!
    but yeah, hope ta hear more about it ;) id quite like ta get me a rival! >: 3 *FUNFUNFUN*
    *ahemschadenfreudeahem*
    yeah, its a totaly shame the mounthly competition when down and out.
    i think the december one me and Ray hosted was the last.... wasnt it? *doesnt remember a january one*
    ahh dude.. how cool. my first and most probably last... dearly beloved.. the pixelart contests have died. XwX
    itd be nice to see this up and going.
    but the word duel makes me think of YuGiOh or Harry Potter or sumthin.... then i just get mental images! lol!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I've being thinking it through, maybe have a duel thread for the competitors and a discussion thread for voting and what not? As for the dueling format, I think it should go like this:

"Kaku, I wanna duel you, trainer sprite of Batman, D/P style, heavy edit!"

sorta like that, ok, not the best example.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    I was just wondering if I would be allowed to make a thread for posting recolours and edits of sprites such as the one in my signature. All of these re-colours are done by me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Esupio: Yeah, it's turning out quite well.

Aviator Maz: You're just meany-poo XP

And yeah, we hosted the last one, since there wasn't one in January.

.:Kaku:.: Yeah i was think that we'd have a duel thread, but it's purpose is to confirm the duel, which are actually organised via PM.

I'm just concerned as to how the judging will occur. I was thinking that we could create a new poll each duel and let that decide who the winners are, but I dunno.

shadowedness: Yeah of course. Just make sure that you have at least 4 examples.

Years
    Esupio: Yeah, it's turning out quite well.

.:Kaku:.: Yeah i was think that we'd have a duel thread, but it's purpose is to confirm the duel, which are actually organised via PM.

I'm just concerned as to how the judging will occur. I was thinking that we could create a new poll each duel and let that decide who the winners are, but I dunno.

shadowedness: Yeah of course. Just make sure that you have at least 4 examples.

Well at Pixeltendo theres a whole forum devoted to it so people just vote in the thread, I suppose we could just do something like that, have a post with all the current duels happening and people vote for them

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    yeah, ill work on the body.. especially the legs.. they basicly looks 2d.. no good :(
    anyways, yeah i used two diff colors on his outline.. one was black but the other was probably too dark of a blue to actually tell the difference... ill fix that too.
    about the duels, i think we should bring them back and have someone extremely trustworthy and organized host it.. someone who knows what theyre doing (that completly counts me out :) )

and the contests, id love to see those up and running.. well, more active at least.. and like kaku, id offer to host one but 1. im a bit of a newb and 2. i get lazy.. and writing the reveiws as kaku said would get quite aggitating..

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    This is amazing, For the first time in a month or so, the Pixel art disscusion thread is pretty active!

Anyways, continuing the ol' D/P MGS characters, here's Sniper Wolf!
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Yes, i know the head is a lil big, right arm looks a lil weird too.

Alot more of it's scratch this time.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    Hey. I've been making a lot of Fakemon lately. I figured I should post some here to see what all you good spriters think. Instead of in my basically dead threat where any member who just found out what a pixel is comes in and says "ZOMG I can find better-looking sprites up my ###."

These are all scratch.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Obviously a pre-evolution of Sableye.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Pre-evolution of Carvanha.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Rabbit Fakemon.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Sableye's pre-evo looks weird, the shading could be better and the placement of the chest crystal looks wrong. It lacks originality too. Carvana's pre evo is a lot better, size and shading could be improved, but I can see it being a decent pre evo. The rabbit has the same problems as I pointed out in your thread.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    I took off the chest jewel. I think it looks better without it.

Spriters Showcase Thread

I also thought up a name for it. Jewtre. Comes from Jewel and spectre.

I also thought up a name for the Carvanha pre-evolution. Nibblish. Nibble and fish.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    The Jewtre needs more characteristics, it's very bland how it is.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    I was bored and was on Serebii, and decided to make OWs for Fisherman Wilton.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I know they suck, the outline is a bit screwey and stuff, and so are some of the colors. And the battle sprite was made by Coronis.
    And Kaku, the MGS sprite pwn! I love MG. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010

oh and boy, do you know it. >:E
    hahah, dude... we RULE.
    Kaku, i really like her hair and gun :3 thems hotness<3
    Death Rodgers, i kinda agree with Kaku, the sprites are a little bland.
    i.e the rabbit fakemon, just looks like a normal rabbit... try to add stuff to make it pokemony, like, say, make it a STEEL type rabbit. y'know to be different. :3
    mebbe give Jewtre arms, if youre not in favor of jewls or somthin? but other than that, the srprites are really well-made. nice work <3!
    and lst but not least, Jake.
    i really liek the overworld, but i think y'need to work on the shading on a hat a bit more. :x it might be my eyes, but i dont think you shaded the hat differently on different side /views.
    :3 keep up the awesome work and activity, all!<3

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Jake, I#m loving the fisherman, but I can;t help but feel you should add an extra line of pixels to the back of the hat.

Thanks all for the comments, might do The End from MGS3 next.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back