• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I have been told me Amachi that if i have a point to put across, then this is the place.

Is it me or are some people a bit " Big I am " when it comes to Fusions etc. I have respect for those who fuse etc as they are getting started, however i have a problem with those who regard there fusions as "their own sprites and that nobody is aloud to use them" this really grinds my gears as it is not their sprites in the first place, fair play if they say, these sprites have been edited by me, and if you would like to use them then just ask and please just mention that i was the one who fused them. This i would be fine with but those who are so ignorant and do not realise that they are not their own sprites but they are nintendo's that they have just edited and put some together to make a new " pokemon ".I hope i do not get Flamed or warned again for this, but i would just like to get other peoples views on this topic. Thanks, Tom

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
  • So.. I just wanted to try some Pokémon related sprite from scratch, but didn't feel like choosing a Pokémon. So here you go, Cyndaquils lil' Pokéball:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

(And FF is well.. an acronym for my nickname on a couple of other forums.)

Edit: Actually, I did the top-rightmost one first, with a lil' space in between the halves, since I was looking a bit at the back of a Pokémon (TCG) card, where it's half opened/has a white line in the middle. Also, I did it in about 10-15 minutes ._., I always rush things ._."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    So.. I just wanted to try some Pokémon related sprite from scratch, but didn't feel like choosing a Pokémon. So here you go, Cyndaquils lil' Pokéball:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

(And FF is well.. an acronym for my nickname on a couple of other forums.)

Edit: Actually, I did the top-rightmost one first, with a lil' space in between the halves, since I was looking a bit at the back of a Pokémon (TCG) card, where it's half opened/has a white line in the middle. Also, I did it in about 10-15 minutes ._., I always rush things ._."
    It's good, but I think you used too much dithering, particularly since you have used a lot of shades.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I went and revamped some of the opening sprites from G/S using D/P colours. I might go back and use some anti-aliasing on Pikachu, but I like the black outline so much. Still, I might as well at another time when it's not 3 AM.

The rest coming sometime soon, though I wouldn't hold your breath. Constructive crit would be nice as well :)

Atomic Reactor

IMO you should use a darker outline on charizards... right wing towards the top (middle charizard)
    Oh, and on his horn thing.

shade the tounge a bit too.

other than that they look good.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    well I don't think changing the wing a bit would improve anything, but I got the horn, thanks! I was going to shade the tongue, but the animation is supposed to have fire coming out of it's mouth, so I'll leave it as is. Once again thanks for your crit, it's appreciated.

Spriters Showcase Thread

I don't like it's eyes.

Atomic Reactor

Yeah, the eyes on it are weird, but only on the far right.
    Shouldn't the pupil on jiggs.... left eye, be more centered.
    Yeah, I would move that a pixel or 2 to the right.

But other than that, the shading, outline, and overall look is great.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Made this out of a JPG image from serebii.com
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Girtaina's Orign form!

Spriters Showcase Thread

PS Permission and Creditit Needed!

You don't need permission, Serebii got it :P, you cant claim it yours, cause it's not yours, you just ripped it from a hi quality pic and recolored it to shaymin land palletes and same with giratina.

though they look smoking hot =D!

Years
  • chevelleROCKER's Splices (poke-fusion)

Well, I think I am relatively good at splices... so i thought i would post a couple... please enjoy... (criticism is welcome)

First one:
    Squirmeleosaur (Squirtle+Charmeleon+Venasaur=Squirmeleosaur)
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Next one (i like this one :) )
    Larvitoed (Larvitar+Politoed=Larvitoed)
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Then there's:
    Scizitar (Scizor+Tyranitar=Scizitar)
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    At least 4 examples are required for a showcase thread, so this has been merged with the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread.

Also, don't stretch your sprites out next time like taht. If you want to make them bigger, use the selection tool, right-click inside it and select Stretch and Skew. When stretching, always go in increments of 100 i.e., 200, 300, 400 etc.

merged

Atomic Reactor

you also need a lot of work on your splices... i dont even know where to start =/

Atomic Reactor

eh.. yeah I'm sorry. That came off a tad bit rude =/

Maybe if you resize them to normal or something, i can probably tell you what needs fixing.

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
    Years
  • Found a Brock sprite on Photobucket and edited it to my hearts content. I think his skin came out a little too red...
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Plus my Brock sprite I have my Sonic Edit..
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Atomic Reactor

Brocks skin was not a good choice. you should have kept it the way it was.
    his leg and arm is bending weird =/ Look at the anatomy of a human. they dont bend there arms in the middle between elbow and wrist XD lol.
    with the sonic ones i think all you really need to work on is the outline. its a little red. it should be dark green.

Heres a sprite i made. It's an alternative form of arceus. i call it "Omega Arceus"
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years
  • Here's an avatar of the Joker from the Dark Knight:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Reference:
    https://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/joker-2.jpg
    This is NOT a trace.
    13 colours, 2 hours, ProMotion.

Wow! That is truly incredible! I envy your talents...

This is my first proper pokemon sprite scratch...it isn't great, but meh....

Spriters Showcase Thread

Im still a beginner at scratch spriting so helpful criticism would be greatly appreciated =)
    Thanks
    (it isnt meant to have eyes, btw)

[HoN] Jereziah

Till DEATH do us part!
    Years
  • My Only Sprite

Hello To All!
    Im lmg123....I have created my own sprite using Overworld Editor...
    Please leave Comments. Im still a newbie in spriting.
    Pls ask permission if u want to use...

This is a GhostRider Sprite:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back