• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I like it too! Only thing is,the bottom of it's head looks kinda weird.
    Were those meant to be spikes?

It's an mustache like some dragons have, or are you refering to the red jaw ?
    Well those are theeth without the mustache its abit cleared to see.

@ Katana.

It's turning out pretty good, but rather simple and easy scratch.
    Maybe add some leave or something else that a pumkin has on it.
    It's abit bold now.

Atomic Reactor

hmm, crossel, if it's suppose to be a mustache, then it should maybe be gray.
    just a thought ;)

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
    Years
  • Thanks for the suggestion Crosell and very nice job on your scratch sprite btw. I don't really have any issues, however, I think it'd be cool if you added something more to its head (like more protrudent horns or something of that nature).

Here's an original scratch pumpkin I did that I posted on Smogon awhile back:

Spriters Showcase Thread

The primary issue wasn't the scratch itself, but rather its position. Way too forward for a sprite relating to Pokemon. So, with this new pumpkin sprite in progress, I've tried to make it at more of an angle.

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
  • The outline of the enterprise is Beefy, but the shading needs to be more rounded, you've relied on dithering far too much on both the ship and the red planet.
    Thanks for that, it means I can improve on this and hope that this art just get better...I want it to be perfect.

Oh and it's not Enterprise, is the USS Voyager...nice try tho (for a non-trekkie)...:D

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Oh, really?

They all look the same to me, but like you said, I' not a trekie :p

Here's my crack at the whole Flygon/Ho-Oh mix.

Spriters Showcase Thread

I know it's pretty sub par, but it is my first mix since like...2006 :p

iBlade

~Spriter~
    Years
  • Maan .. that is awesome .. maybe on the head of it you can make a third hair or what it is .. like it much ..

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I tried that, but it looked really bad. The thing with Flygon's head is, it's bad to start with. The "hairs" are tough ground to cover.

Thanks for the crit though mate, I might spend a bit more time trying the third hair bit again.

Years
  • @ Katana, I like the new version, but just a tip, dont copy and paste the same leave's and other part.
    It was the first thing I noticed, try to scratch every part, not that you didn't scratched it, but you used the same one for the other side but just flipped it in a different direction.
    I think you know what I mean. :P
    I already like the concept, so if you fix that it will be really good. :)

Anyway, I made a Pre evo for that dragon type, and I also added Male and Female sprites.

Here they are..

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Female.-----Male.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Female.-----Male.

Any critism would be welcome, thanks and enjoy :D

Years
  • it isnt a reall mustache haha, garydos evolution of magikarp hasnt a gray one so.
    dragon types have it often.
    Meh maybe i change it, I kinda like it :(

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    They're both tasty. Stauche is fine, in fact changing it would ruin the sprite.

Atomic Reactor

you dont HAVE to change it :P

Years
  • Simple Recolouring

My first couple of recolours, what do you think?

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Gold Coloured Magneton

Spriters Showcase Thread

Fearow In Oddish's Colours

These are my first attempts at recolours, I'm pleased with how the Fearow came out.

iBlade

~Spriter~
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread
    -->
    Spriters Showcase Thread

What do you think of these?

@ Katana, I like the new version, but just a tip, dont copy and paste the same leave's and other part.
    It was the first thing I noticed, try to scratch every part, not that you didn't scratched it, but you used the same one for the other side but just flipped it in a different direction.
    I think you know what I mean. :P
    I already like the concept, so if you fix that it will be really good. :)

Anyway, I made a Pre evo for that dragon type, and I also added Male and Female sprites.

Here they are..

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Female.-----Male.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Female.-----Male.

Any critism would be welcome, thanks and enjoy :D

Yeah like the female male differenz at the tale .. all in all i like these sprites .. would be great new monster ..^^

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back