• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I didn't use a Brush, I used the boldest lines, so yeah - it is a pixel over...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's really really undetailed from the neck down, and even the head itself is missing a lot of finer detail like ears, or a better defined nose and larger eyes.

Nearly all the outlines are messy and more than a single pixel thick - you need to clean all of those up.

Years
  • I made a Pixel over from a screen cap of an episode, take a look;
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It'll look great if you tried to add some anti-aliasing onto it. Especially the eyes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    Sample before

Hi I'm Iron Trap (IT for short, Iron Trapinch becuase I was told IronTrap was taken -.-)

Anywho, I have some trainer sprites here I wish to insert into a BW rom, but I can't make heads or tails of Kazo's Sprite editor, so these are mostly recolors, if someone could insert these then send me the narc...(Striato Leaders=Triple/Rotation battle!) The Pallets have been updated to match the BW version of the sprite.

Spriters Showcase Thread

and somthing real

Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
  • Merged IronTrapinch's thread with the Spriter's Showcase Thread since I feel this thread is most appropriate. IronTrapinch, you can make your own seperate thread once you have at least four original sprites to showcase.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    I have 2 in that post though... but it's probally best here, since idk what defines a few 'edits' and 'pixel over' as thread making materials.

Years
  • Well, the trainer sprites are just recolours, which take minimal amount of skill. As for the second sprite, I don't have anything wrong with it. You just needed 3 more sprites for a working showcase thread.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    This is one of the starters for a fangame some college friends and I are making. None of us knew how to sprite, so I decided to bite the bullet and learn the trade. This is only my second sprite, the first being an older version of the same 'mon, so I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

Attachments

• Spriters Showcase Thread
      004.png
      5 KB · Views: 6
    Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • This is a very nice attempt for a second try.. you show potential. it is also a unique starter.. some of the shading could be improved slightly, look at some official sprites to help with the shadows, look at a weedle or something. There also isn't any unique characteristics to make it more pokemon like, but as i said before it is a very good start to spriting mine was terrible in comparison, well done and good luck with spriting in the future.

~Kian~

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    Cool. I think I've fixed the shading. I also rounded off the head more, since it was slightly lobsided and may have contributed to the off shading. Not quite sure what you mean by unique characteristics, though. Thanks for the critique!

Any other takers?

Years
  • Cool. I think I've fixed the shading. I also rounded off the head more, since it was slightly lobsided and may have contributed to the off shading. Not quite sure what you mean by unique characteristics, though. Thanks for the critique!

Any other takers?
    You might want to give the mouth more detail or change the shape of it so it isn't a straight line.

If you look at the head you'll see that it's made up of a red circle with a dark grey kind of semi-circle 'cap' on top. You have shading on one side to give it perspective and the eyes and mouth aren't centered to give it more of that kind of perspective. Since you want it to look more like a sphere, give it more depth, you'll want to move a few things around. Notice how close each eye is from the grey 'cap'. They should both seem like they're the same distance, but the right eye is almost touching it. If you look at it and try to imagine it as something with depth rather than something that's flat you'll see that that eye shouldn't be there. You'll either want to move it a little further away or change the shape of the cap to make it look more even.

I also think you could try some different shades of color. The red you're using is, well, very red and a little dark. If it were a little lighter you'd have more contrast and it would make the darker parts stand out more.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Made as a favor for a favor for a fangame. Design by the person, spriting by me. Looking for any criticism to improve it.

[image]

Last edited:
    Years
  • Didn't notice I was inconsistent with that. Thanks. Any others?
    The skirt is very close to skin-colored, which wouldn't be much of a problem except there's nothing defining exactly where it ends and the legs begin so it looks kind of like it blends together. I kind of see the same thing with that piece of hair on the right side. I'm not sure if it's mean to be behind the head (like some kind of ponytail) or coming from the front. The outline makes me think it's meant to be behind. Maybe you should make the other arm visible. I know it's behind and you can't see it, but I think it would be better to show it's really there even if it's just an elbow peeking out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Hi! I'm Jess. I'm working on a Pokemorph game in RMXP, and I couldn't find any overworld sprites for Pokemorphs online. So I have decided to try doing them myself. This is my first one. What do you think?

Spriters Showcase Thread

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this isn't completely scratch. I edited the bird-catcher sprite from an FireRed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back