• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites for my Fangame

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
    I hav ebeen spriting for a while, but not pokemon sprites, so I decided to give them a shot!

FakeMon

-Starters

Sprites for my Fangame

GARKIT-DARK

Sprites for my Fangame

RAPUNTOR-FIGHTING

Sprites for my Fangame

PSYBY-PSYCHIC

-Evos

Sprites for my Fangame

ZAPHERE-ELECTRIC

-Legendaries

Sprites for my Fangame

MEWGENIS-???

Sprites for my Fangame

INFINITY-DARK,DRAGON

Trainers

Sprites for my Fangame

MALE TRAINER

Sprites for my Fangame

FEMALE TRAINER

Sprites for my Fangame

PROF.JANE

Overworlds

-DP Legendaries FR/LG Style

Sprites for my Fangame

REGIGAS

Sprites for my Fangame

GIRATINA

Sprites for my Fangame

MANAPHY

Sprites for my Fangame

SHAYMIN

Sprites for my Fangame

ARCEUS

-Trainers

Sprites for my Fangame

MALE TRAINER

How are they? Please feel free to comment!

Years
    The feamle trainers' hair is wayyy to big! You don't need to use black so much for outlines. Try using the shades as outlines too.

~A.R

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    infinity is from pokemon acanthite....youve just made a crappy sprite of it
    https://www.pokemonacanthite.com/images/artwork/Diavil.png
    its very similar

Really, I see a lot of differences in the sprite. anyway, I like the overworlds but the rest of the sprites could use some work. Especially Jane's head and hair, which make here look kind of retarded. Either make the head bigger or the hair smaller.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    infinity is from pokemon acanthite....youve just made a crappy sprite of it
    https://www.pokemonacanthite.com/images/artwork/Diavil.png
    its very similar
    maxxa, though your concern is appreciated, in the future it'd be best to point such things out via PM or report so it can be dealt with by staff.

In any case, I don't think we have an issue of stealing. To my experience that sort of design for a devil-like character has been used over and over. though if anyone wants to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

Your Zaphere can be fixed up pretty easily it seems. Firstly, the circle isn't all that circular, so you should adjust some of the pixels on the bottom and the sides of the sprite. In addition, your shading is pretty wonky and takes away from the spherical shape. Your best way of correcting it would probably be looking at an existing Electrode sprite and emulating it's shading.

Trainer sprites are a good effort, but they all appear to be wonky somewhat. The Male trainer should have longer legs for one, and his left arm should be touching the top inside of his sleeve. In addition, his eyes are looking the wrong way, and there is no black on the outline, so you'll want to put some on there.

The Female trainer looks a bit better, but still needs some touching up. You've used way too much black on the hair, which seems worse since it's a light colour, and not enough black on the rest of the sprite - there should be at least some more on the legs and feet, since the light is obscured before reaching that far down. I'd also edit the legs a bit as well. Her right thigh is too straight, and maybe you should mover her left leg across one or two pixels to accompany the increased width of her right thigh. Oh, and her head is too small XD

Prof. Jane's head is even smaller btw XD And her hair is massive too. Her torso is good ;D, but from there everything seems distorted. Her left arm seems to resemble bendy wires more than an arm, so try to define an elbow and such. Her legs need to be fixed up as well, they just seem to .. well flop XD; Her ankles and calves are too wide; her right knee seems to be too high. Actually, what is she wearing? Maybe you should give her some shoes.

But uhhh yeah. That's all I can be bothered writing about now. I hope it helps, and good luck with your game ^^;

Lyndon

*shuffle*
    Years
    THose sprites are better scratches then i could ever do, so yeah, the only concern i have is the black outlines and the volume(bigness) of the females hair. o.o

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Pretty good scratch style...

Also, first thing I thought on Infinity was Pokemon Acanthite...

I recommended changing it..

Meh

I'm back and a lot wiser.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    Nice work. i really like the shading style of GARKIS. You've really captured the pokemon feel in ZAPHERE. Nice work.

Back