• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites served with Retribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
It's the time when I make a sprite thread which I will forget about within a week. Anyway, enough about that, welcome to the most worst best sprites you've ever seen! (That was a lie to make you check them out, by the way. ;))

Scratch sprites (Both pokemon and Trainer)
fakedex_by_superjub-d3e7y80.png

Student_Trainer_Sprite_by_Superjub.png
A trainer sprite I made ages ago. Well, I revamped it drastically. :)
12603746.png

Revamps (Both Pokemon and Trainer)
A sprite I revamped recently for my ROM hack which has now got all glitchy. :\

Misc.
items_galore_by_superjub-d309h72.png

slimes.png

badges.png

YOU CAN USE ANY OF THE SPRITES IN THIS THREAD (UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE), BUT PLEASE CREDIT ME!!!

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I love that squid-thingy, and the ghost seems pretty good too!
Other are OK, but these two are ftw!

Thanks! ^^ Maybe you could tell me what you like about the squid thing? :) Anyway, here's some HG/SS styled overworld sprites of the squid. :)

Anyway, here's a STEEL/DRAGON I made ages ago. :P
Boltagon___Name_WIP_by_Superjub.png
Yes, I am just posting that sprite so this post isn't so pointless

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Wow very pretty :)

Didnt you have this all in another thread

either way i Love your work
could you do some revamping for me too?

Years
The custom palette on the squid is a big improvement, but where did the mouth go? I couldn't see anything bad about it even if it was a tiny detail.

Might I also suggest you give the shiny sprite more contrast to the non-shiny. The colors are very close.

could you do some revamping for me too?
Please try to keep your posts focused on the artist's work. If you want to request something directly that's what VM/PMs are for. Well, that's not all they're for, but you know what I mean.

Sho7gun

IV Inquisitor
Years
With those weapons you created you've opened doors for a Conan the Barbarian Gym Leader :) they look awesome

Years
The backsprite of the squid could use a little fixing up, especially on the outline of the top part of the sprite. The outline is quite bumpy and doesn't follow sort of a pattern like how you have 1 pixel starting from the top of the head then, 2 pixels, 1 pixel, 2 pixels, 2 pixels, 1 pixel.

For the weapons, they look very gradient-like and dark, might I suggest using less colours and bright contrasting colours? Especially for the blade, I think it needs a brighter blade.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
The custom palette on the squid is a big improvement, but where did the mouth go? I couldn't see anything bad about it even if it was a tiny detail.

Might I also suggest you give the shiny sprite more contrast to the non-shiny. The colors are very close.

Please try to keep your posts focused on the artist's work. If you want to request something directly that's what VM/PMs are for. Well, that's not all they're for, but you know what I mean.

Whoops, got the sprites the wrong way round. XP Anyway, the one with the thinner tentacles is the new one. :D

Anyway, through Logiedan's advice, I fixed up the sprite. :) Also, I changed the shiny sprite so it's a completely different colour. :)

Also, I really want your opinion on this :
originaltorevamp.png
:)

Last edited:
Years
Also, I really want your opinion on this :
originaltorevamp.png
:)
Ths skier's anatomy is a little strange, of course, but that's to be expected. I would put the nose back in. The face is a little odd without it. I also see you changed the white stripe on the jacket into shading. I'm not sure that's the best choice since the the whole outfit is pretty monochromatic and a change of color might give it a little more variety. The white stripe on the right sleeve seems to have one less pixel than the original. That pixel completes a small curve that makes the arm look like it's turned away, that is, pointed away, instead of lying flat. Similarly, in the original you can see the underside of the skis on the tips, but can't in your version.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Ths skier's anatomy is a little strange, of course, but that's to be expected. I would put the nose back in. The face is a little odd without it. I also see you changed the white stripe on the jacket into shading. I'm not sure that's the best choice since the the whole outfit is pretty monochromatic and a change of color might give it a little more variety. The white stripe on the right sleeve seems to have one less pixel than the original. That pixel completes a small curve that makes the arm look like it's turned away, that is, pointed away, instead of lying flat. Similarly, in the original you can see the underside of the skis on the tips, but can't in your version.

Does this look a bit better? (Thanks for the constructive criticism. :))

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
~UPDATE~
Here's an evolution for the frog Fakemon I created. ^^

>

Last edited:
Years
Does this loom a bit better? (Thanks for the constructive criticism. :))
It does look better, I think, with those small touches. Looking at it more I'm seeing a few areas where you eliminated details from the original sprite such as the line by the shoulder and the curved line by the elbow which you shortened into a straight line. I would think you'd want to incorporate as many of those details as you could since, like the nose, they make your sprite look more polished.
~UPDATE~
Here's an evolution for the frog Fakemon I created. ^^

>
I'm not really feeling the feet on the evolution. If that pink one in the middle is supposed to be its belly then it is sticking out too far. The way you've drawn the outline on the whole torso, particularly the left side, implies that the body doesn't extend that far down. What I mean to say is, that pink area looks like it sticks out like the feet.

The tongue also looks paper-flat because that black line runs completely across is. If you look at a sprite like this one:

Spr_3f_108.png

you can see that by having the line only go part of the way you still get the impression of seeing both the top and underside of the tongue (like in your sprite) but with the sense that it's a thicker and rounder tongue (unlike your sprite).

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
It does look better, I think, with those small touches. Looking at it more I'm seeing a few areas where you eliminated details from the original sprite such as the line by the shoulder and the curved line by the elbow which you shortened into a straight line. I would think you'd want to incorporate as many of those details as you could since, like the nose, they make your sprite look more polished.

I'm not really feeling the feet on the evolution. If that pink one in the middle is supposed to be its belly then it is sticking out too far. The way you've drawn the outline on the whole torso, particularly the left side, implies that the body doesn't extend that far down. What I mean to say is, that pink area looks like it sticks out like the feet.

The tongue also looks paper-flat because that black line runs completely across is. If you look at a sprite like this one:

Spr_3f_108.png

you can see that by having the line only go part of the way you still get the impression of seeing both the top and underside of the tongue (like in your sprite) but with the sense that it's a thicker and rounder tongue (unlike your sprite).

You're the best when it comes to constructive criticism! :D Heck, you explain it so thoroughly and so respectfully that you actually help me and don't offend me at the same time (which some other people have done before.) :P
Just thought I'd say that. :P

Anyway, I used your advice, and decided to change the belly from pink to yellow. Pink stood out too much, in my opinion. :\ Anyway, here it is! :D

Also, here's a non-Pokemon sprites I made quite a while ago. :D

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
To add to my last post, here is a little fun thing I've been doing. :)

giant_slimes_by_superjub-d309i2f.png

I'm not taking it too seriously. :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011
I tried to manually recolour one of the blobmen, here he is!

Attachments

• blobman.png
    blobman.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 958

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Your sprites are good!
IMO I think your best sprites are the blobs and the Frog with his Evo simply because they have the smoothest lineart and are very well shaded! ^_^

However I think the highlight on the Evo-Frog's body is not needed especially since the highlight is under the tongue. Also I think you could soften up the line under the chin/bottom part of the head and make it dark green rather than black.
Other than that it looks great though! <3

Years
I tried to manually recolour one of the blobmen, here he is!
Even though Retribution says you can use the sprites you shouldn't assume that means you can edit them without permission. I don't know if you have that kind of permission, but if you did it would be good to say so for everyone else's benefit. We can only assume you don't have permission unless someone says otherwise.

It's also generally bad form to post work in someone else's thread. Just so you know.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Even though Retribution says you can use the sprites you shouldn't assume that means you can edit them without permission. I don't know if you have that kind of permission, but if you did it would be good to say so for everyone else's benefit. We can only assume you don't have permission unless someone says otherwise.

It's also generally bad form to post work in someone else's thread. Just so you know.

Thanks Scarf ^^

Here are all the icons together, without an outline.
items_galore_by_superjub-d309h72.png

The difference between these and the icons in the first post is that I got rid of the completely black outline on the red potion and the money bags (both without and without the dollar sign.)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I've changed the frog to give it more frog-like feet. Does it look better?

Also, I'm planning its evolution, and I want to make it a Water/Poison Croagunk-like frog. Obviously, it won't look EXACTLY like Croagunk (then it wouldn't be a scratch sprite XD), but there will probably be similarities. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back