• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites served with Retribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I've been working on a VS Sprite. I've still got to do the shading, add some more features and the outline, but here it is so far. I suck at doing VS Sprites, but meh. I tried. X'D

Meh, I hate it. XP

Changed some stuff, including her left arm. :>
norina_vs_sprite_by_superjub-d3g1jl1.png
Her left arm is still a little to noodle like; don't forget her elbow. Also, the face is very masculine. I'm not exactly sure what it is though. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Years
Just dropping by, as I'm currently studying anatomy in my life drawing class, and this caught my eye.

Proportion.

Measure other parts of the body in relation to another. Use your own body or look up references when your anatomy looks unbelievable.

proportions.png

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Just dropping by, as I'm currently studying anatomy in my life drawing class, and this caught my eye.

Proportion.

Measure other parts of the body in relation to another. Use your own body or look up references when your anatomy looks unbelievable.

proportions.png

I did use another VS Sprite for a reference (IIRC, Whitney) but I can see what you mean, and proportions are a bit of an issue for me. I'll try and fix it, as well as the masculinity issue GFA has pointed out.. :) And thanks for the useful picture. :)

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Just like to point out I'm not GPR.

Years
The male-in-the-face issue is probably a combination of the hair and facial features. The hair, when you're just looking at the face, looks like a boy's haircut: short, and on the side it doesn't go past the ear. You're going with a difficult style since it's not something that translates well into pixels unless you show that the hair on the side isn't just short hair falling downward and instead hair that's being pulled up. You can always try to hide some of it by having bangs or other hair in front of it or adding things like hair clips to show that you're doing something with the hair. Like so:

VSWhitney.png
VSClair.png

These sprites show less prominent noses. In general only the overly masculine sprites have larger noses. You could also try changing the shape of the jawline and see if you can't make something that you like better.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Just like to point out I'm not GPR.
My mistake. XD I posted it several minutes before I had to go to school, so I kinda rushed it. Anyway, I've edited it now. :)

The male-in-the-face issue is probably a combination of the hair and facial features. The hair, when you're just looking at the face, looks like a boy's haircut: short, and on the side it doesn't go past the ear. You're going with a difficult style since it's not something that translates well into pixels unless you show that the hair on the side isn't just short hair falling downward and instead hair that's being pulled up. You can always try to hide some of it by having bangs or other hair in front of it or adding things like hair clips to show that you're doing something with the hair. Like so:

VSWhitney.png
VSClair.png

These sprites show less prominent noses. In general only the overly masculine sprites have larger noses. You could also try changing the shape of the jawline and see if you can't make something that you like better.

I see where you're coming from. I might go with the bangs idea, since I think having hair clips and the hair ties would be a bit OTT. As for the nose, I completely understand. Honestly, I did have a lot of trouble deciding what it should look like, but I'll make it less prominent. :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I've made some progress into fixing up the VS sprite, but I've taken a little break to work on a new Fakemon line. They're an electric-type line, and I'm unsure whether to make another evolution or not. Additionally, I was worried that they were going to look a lot like the Electabuzz family.

Anyway, here's Aprentive (apprentice + positive/negative.) It's a baby Pokemon. :)
aprentive_by_superjub-d3ie1gq.png

And here's Magnero, the evolution. I forgot to make it face to the left, but bleh. I don't want to redo the shading/outline right now. Oh well, here it is.
magnero_by_superjub-d3ieb9f.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
these fakes look good so far, the lightning bolt on Magnero chest could be done with being refined a little more, it looks pretty thin at the moment

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
these fakes look good so far, the lightning bolt on Magnero chest could be done with being refined a little more, it looks pretty thin at the moment

I was aiming for it to not be very noticeable, but I agree. It does slook a bit rubbish. Plus, making it look thicker makes it look much better. :D Also, I amde backsprites for both Fakemon, although I'm not sure on Magnero's. :\

aprentive_by_superjub-d3ie1gq.png

magnero_by_superjub-d3ieb9f.png

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
While Magnero may be facing to the right, it's really just a simple fix to get it to conform to the normal. Just change what direction he's looking. All it takes is a little bit of eye adjustment.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
While Magnero may be facing to the right, it's really just a simple fix to get it to conform to the normal. Just change what direction he's looking. All it takes is a little bit of eye adjustment.

Don't worry. I know how to fix it, I'm just a bit lazy. :P I will change it at some point, I'm just focusing on other stuff. :) However, thanks for the tips. :) Sorry if I'm sounding mean/ignorant, and I really appreciate the help. :)

Actually, I'll get on to it soon. You're right, it won't take that long. :P

In other news, I have two new pieces of pixel art. One is an evolution to Eelock.
nepteal_by_superjub-d3ik5nt.png

The other is a bit of Master Sword pixel art to celebrate the upcoming Ocarina of Time 3D. :D
master_sword_by_superjub-d3incfd.png

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I've been busy. :) First of all, I'd like to show the updated FakeDex.
fakedex_by_superjub-d3e7y80.png

As you can see, I have included all of the Pokemon I've made, as well as a brand new one. Also, you'll see some sprites have changed.

I'll begin with the new one, Mountle. As you may have guessed, it is the evolution of Tortell.
mountle_by_superjub-d3j0gry.png

Mountle
Water/Rock
"It is strong enough to carry entire mountains on its back."

Also. I've updated Squill to make it more exciting. :D Plus, I gave it more tentacles.
squill_by_superjub-d3d4gic.png

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
..Those blob guys look so loveable. xD
I also like that gym leader sprite, she's cute.

Thanks. :D The blobs seem to be pretty popular. XD And I'm glad you like the Gym Leader sprite. :D
-------
I have some bad news. I have requested for this thread to be locked, mainly because I am not really updating and want to start a new, cleaner and more organised thread at a later date. Sorry people. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back