• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
    First off, here's the sprites I did for the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 of my comic...

Sprites

EDIT -- Image removed due to a section being of stolen sprites. ~Shiharu

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonQueenRachel

Years
    Thanks.

The Wes I actualy found on a Serebii.net forum, and I needed a Gym leader, so I used him.

The badges need some work still.

Years
    Uh, guys. Constructive comments please. State what you like or perhaps dislike about the sprites. Comments that show no detail of commenting what so ever are regarded as SPAM.

DragonQueenRachel -- DO NOT use sprites that do not belong to you what so ever. The whole point of making a thread here in Pixel Art is to showcase your OWN work. Take out the 'Wes' sprites or you shall be warned for sprite theft.

Last edited:

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Wow, everyone who has posted about the sprites so far have no sense of what's good and what's bad. Your sprites are just really bad recolors. You use the standard Paint colors and have no shading at all. They are completely horrible. Make them better by shading them and using different colors.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Zone said:
    Wow, everyone who has posted about the sprites so far have no sense of what's good and what's bad. Your sprites are just really bad recolors. You use the standard Paint colors and have no shading at all. They are completely horrible. Make them better by shading them and using different colors.

Indeed.

They're just sprites that you haven't made and are recolored poorly. Try working on recolors, even though its not something to say your experienced at.

DragonQueenRachel

Years
    Okay, I've had to go through this before, so I'll get right to the point.

I'm a terrible artist, I'll admit it, and I don't know how to get better coloring.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    the hair kinda sux, you just went colored it the same exact color

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    DragonQueenRachel said:
    Okay, I've had to go through this before, so I'll get right to the point.

I'm a terrible artist, I'll admit it, and I don't know how to get better coloring.

Double click on one of the color square things in Paint. It's pretty obvious what to do once you've done this.

DragonQueenRachel

Years
    Okay, to be honest, I was out of ideas by the 8th Gym Leader, and it was the best I could do, I'm really sorry, I admit that I was wrong, and I guess I'll have to think harder on that one.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Listen to yourself. You sound like a blubbering idiot.

"I didn't have any ideas, and I'm a terrible artist, so I just took someone else's sprite. But, I didn't steal it, I just took it without permission, and forgot to give credit."

Unbelievable. How would you like if you worked incredibly hard and long on a sprite, and then someone just took it and edited it without permission. I still can't believe that we even give out warnings for sprite theft. If it was my choice, you steal a sprite, you get banned. If you have no art ability, and are just going to steal people's sprites, do us all a favor and stay out of here. o.O

DragonQueenRachel

Years
    Okay, I admit my mistakes, but you don't have to rub it in.

Desgardes, if it was, I am really sorry, I didn't mean to do this, this was all a mistake.

I knew I should've stuck to Fanfictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Please don't double post. The edit button exists for a reason. :)

Anyways, about the sprites themselves. They're not too terribly bad, in my opinion, but you do need to watch out for a few things in the future. Just be careful to not knock out any of the shading or outlines when recoloring. The default Paint colors have already been mentioned somewhat, but yeah...those are the colors to try to avoid, especially with pokemon-related sprites, as they're a bit too bright. And just a little note about the outline, since I see a part on the Hathor sprite that stands out (the one thing around the hip area): on pokemon sprites, the outline is never a pure black/dark color, but instead has lighter colors around where the highlights are on the sprite.

Even though these are just recolors, I'd say to keep on practicing anyways - everyone's gotta start somewhere with sprites.

DragonQueenRachel

Years
    Yeah, I kinda realized that.

I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to sprites, so I doubt that I'll ever be able to make my own.

Oh well, I guess I just have to go with what I can do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back