• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SSBB: Pokémon needs noticing a bit more!

Will Lucario be in Brawl?

• Definitely!

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Most Likely!

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Probably Not!

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • Highly Unlikely!

Votes: 29 28.7%

• Total voters

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    I think it's wonderful. People for years wanted to play as Charizard and Squirtle and now they get their wish. It's a nice way to incorperate more playable Pokemon without actually taking up spots on the Character roster.

Sadly, I do think Mewtwo will be the final smash, and that Jigglypuff and Lucario will be playable.

Pichu will obviously be cut.

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
    I seriously hope Lucario's in the game somewhere, maybe as a hidden character, like how Mewtwo was.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I can assure you (the same way I assured Red wouldn't be in Brawl) that Lucario won't appear because it's from the 4th gen, while Brawl will focus on the 3rd generation. However, it's so popular they might include at least in the Poké Balls.

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
    Maybe he'll float, or ride Charizard. But that also causes problems when he switches out to Charizard. I guess he could ride him while fighting, though.

Years
    What about Rumble Falls? Is he going to climb along with the other characters?

They might put him on some kind of cloud thing that moves up while he's in the background. Either that or you don't get the KO until you defeat the Pokemon, which would make that level hard because Red would be out in the very beginning of the match and if one of the Pokemon gets KO'ed or runs out of stamina then you might lose faster. That level would probably not be the ideal level for a Red player.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 8, 2007
    This sounds like an... interesting idea! I hope it plays as good as it sounds, being a Pokémon Trainer in a smash brother game would be really fun!

I wonder how it will work though! ^^

Years
    That's going to be my "fun" character. Right there. XD

Pikachu will be my killing machine, Red is my funner. Me and my brother have always been fans of the "weird" characters.

That update made me laugh 'till I cried.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's not Red. It's the D/P male trainer.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ummm... that's not Red.

IT'S THE MALE TRAINER FROM POKEMON D/P!!!

Okay. I'm done with the extreme emphasis.

But people... that's a fourth gen character. All arguments against Lucario have just died. I'll be back to laugh when Lucario is revealed. If he isn't, that means he's a hidden character, and I'll laugh when I unlock him. If he's not unlockable, I'll laugh because I'm insane. Hahahahahahahaha!

EDIT: Nevermind. It's Red. I'm still insane.

Last edited:

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I really like the idea. I'm curious if Poke-Trainer will have any special rules about him in tournament play, and what tier he could possibly be in...

And I'm also curious as to how he'll keep along in the other stages... I'm betting he'll just jump around in the back as the stage moves, and he'll disappear like Nana if his Pokes get knocked out.

(Doubts Mewtwo for the final Smash; gambling along the lines of a team-up effect.)

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    His Costume better change regions. I want to have a Mudkip.

By looking at all the strange things that keep appearing here, it's probable that we'll see a Red clone: Brendan, with Blaziken, Grovyle and Mudkip.

Ummm... that's not Red.

IT'S THE MALE TRAINER FROM POKEMON D/P!!!

Okay. I'm done with the extreme emphasis.

But people... that's a fourth gen character. All arguments against Lucario have just died. I'll be back to laugh when Lucario is revealed. If he isn't, that means he's a hidden character, and I'll laugh when I unlock him. If he's not unlockable, I'll laugh because I'm insane. Hahahahahahahaha!

EDIT: Nevermind. It's Red. I'm still insane.

What are you talking about? It's Red? Well, I'll be here waiting for you to laugh because I'm 1000% sure Lucario won't appear in Brawl.

Mikefox124

Silver Legend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2008
    Yeah, they won't put Lucario in. He has no significance in terms of being a popular icon like Pikachu, Pichu, or Jigglypuff, nor is he a legendary like Mewtwo. Chances are we'll get Mewtwo back, if anyone.

But he IS the first non-legendary to have a movie of his own. For all he know, he could possibly be one, or a replacement for Scyther.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Lucario I could see happening, as it is a fighter by nature, but I'm not voting for or against it. If it happens, it happens.

Mewtwo will be back, there's no reason not to bring back everyone from Melee.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Lucario I could see happening, as it is a fighter by nature, but I'm not voting for or against it. If it happens, it happens.

Mewtwo will be back, there's no reason not to bring back everyone from Melee.

Yes, there is. There were some characters that people didn't like so they said they'd drop out some for Brawl. I guess the obvious example is the Ice Climbers, but who knows? The Dojo could give us a surprise soon. (Really, I hope they don't, one weird character is enough)

Back