• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Ocean 3 Till The End Of Time

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Time between save points isn't so great you couldn't just redo stuff imo. @_@; And I'm happy to see these kinds of games be difficult—stuff like X and VII mke it way to easy to dominate. "Hi you can carry 99 megalixers and pretty much never die unless its in one hit" *yawn* These games, by limiting your items and making you do a bit more thinking are more fun.

I haven't gotten to item creation, so I'm unsure about that. ^_^; And um, can anybody tell me if Sophia is decently useable as a player character? I think she's cute and would like to alternate between her and Albel.

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • Hyper Mew said:
    Do you get money when you file a patent? I made some (Cheap) items and they were in stores soo I wondered if i could earn some money.

Yes indeed. When you first start off the game though you'll most likely get a small amount of Fol, and that's a pain. >_< As you move on in the game you'll gather more ranking points for your inventors, and gather more inventors. The more points they receive, the more Fol you'll get every 30 mins while being in a Field or Dungeon. Remember... Time in the IC (item creation) world will not proceed if in such places like towns.

Kairi said:
    I haven?t gotten to item creation, so I?m unsure about that. ^_^; And um, can anybody tell me if Sophia is decently useable as a player character? I think she?s cute and would like to alternate between her and Albel.

Yes she is in the decent level... Not all that flashy, but she get's the job done. ^_^ She has a nice range of Symbological attacks which are pretty powerful, and she certianly can top Adray in that area. (but not all areas) Though I'd have to say Albel PWNS them both. ^_^ (in my opinion of power, and etc. of course) Who can hate Albel's 4P costume?

~Blade~

Last edited:

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Ahh, okay, thank you! And I got my first 1/144 bunny from Bequeral Mountain Path. Yay~ That was annoying though. @_@; [Multiple Bunnies] don't stack right?

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    Ahh, okay, thank you! And I got my first 1/144 bunny from Bequeral Mountain Path. Yay~ That was annoying though. @_@; [Multiple Bunnies] don?t stack right?

Clear that up a bit for me. Well Assuming you mean they do not increase like this.. -> 1/144 2/144 3/144 etc. your correct. Other wise you'll be spending half your life trying to collect all those 1/144 Scale Bunnies, and 1/60 Scale Bunnies. o.O

~Blade~

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The 1/144 and 1/60 Scale Bunnies only add the 5% speed increase once each. The others are just a source of income. DO NOT keep the 1/1 Scale Bunny, as it will cut your Battle Speed in half! Sell it and the extras as soon as possible!!

As for the money every 30 minutes: It is dictated by your rank, and the ranks of the other inventors that you've signed on, even if they already filed patents for items before you sign them. That's why in the beginning, you only get a small amount of money, compared to later in the game. Easiest way to increase cash is to make the highest ranked item you can easily make as often as possible. If you're short on money, try lower ones first.

Orihalcum is a good one for this because you get 98 points for it and you'll use the 'ATK+500' and 'Survive on Fury 50%' when synthesizing. To make it, you need to spend between 5700 and 6000. It sells for about 22000 Fol, so the price is worth it. Stay in a town with a nearby Save Point, in case you can't get it made right away. Also, the Alchemist's Stone helps here, because it gives you +20% to the success rate of the Creation. You need Misty Lear to make it, so don't bother trying until you get her from the Mountains of Barr. The Spirit Stone is in the Ruins of Barr, just before the Urssa Lava Cave. (You'll back out of the dungeon before fighting the boss, so get her then, instead of wasting a trip.)

Once you have a higher rank, leave the game on overnight in a field after clearing the enemies in the vicinity. Then, you should have lots of money. Also, remember that the Inventors you have need to be on Standby, otherwise they'll spend all your money trying to make items on their own...

Note: The only item that there isn't a shop for is Synthesis Materials. Inatead of buying them from Santa, you have to fight enemies or find them. Almost EVERY field area has at least one enemy that has the item, though, so you should be able to find it almost anywhere. If you need help finding the Inventors, just post here and I'll let you know where they are and how to sign them. I have all of them except Boyd. You can imagine how much I get from them...

Item Creation IS expensive, but necessary if you plan on beating this game... The later bosses will be impossible to kill without tinkering with your stuff at least to a degree.

Last edited:

MetalGearX

Banned
    Years
  • I heard that some synthesis item gets u 9000 + attack? is it a rumor or is it true bc to reach the max attack i would need about lets see about 16 or 18 orichalums and it takes a while for me to even get 4. Umm and to correct you u need at least 5000 fol to make a orichalum since it is the base range for the fol... And also is Paladin's helm good? since i heard the base cash is about 10000 fol for each time that passes, If the time passes when ur IC-ing and the chars never smile should i just wait until they do or abort assuming its a failed attempt???

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • MetalGearX said:
    I heard that some synthesis item gets u 9000 + attack? is it a rumor or is it true bc to reach the max attack i would need about lets see about 16 or 18 orichalums and it takes a while for me to even get 4. Umm and to correct you u need at least 5000 fol to make a orichalum since it is the base range for the fol... And also is Paladin's helm good? since i heard the base cash is about 10000 fol for each time that passes, If the time passes when ur IC-ing and the chars never smile should i just wait until they do or abort assuming its a failed attempt???

For the Orichalum the base price is 5700.. anything closer to the 5000 mark will most likely aim for Angel Stone instead in Alchemy. Paladin's Helm's Value in the store would range to 4000 Fol. Items created on your own are cheaper, so it's best to stick with that. (trying to create it will cost about 400 Fol Huge difference) it adds 1200 atk to the user so not that bad. Problem is that it does not have any factors.(Evalulation is 100, so g00d) >_< Synthesis could inprove a weapon over, and over, and over. I wouldent actually concentrate on one thing.. as your just causing yourself to use up Synthesis Material Item's. (unless you wouldent mind stocking back up on some) Also it's just best to try collecting a few other items, before you decide to build on specific things, that way you can gain more stuff for your characters, and find out about other items during the process. (I hate buffing up one item.. especially with the large amount of Fol I have to save up for that) Now it's actually your decision to stop a IC, or not... the longer you make them work, the more problems that may accur.. (notice quality bar decreases, making things more problemetic, and Fol goes down the drain) Your decision to continue, and see if a item will be made though.

~Blade~

Last edited:

Hyper Mew

*changed account*
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 10, 2004
    Well I was looking at my money a second ago, and my item was able to hit he stores but my money was the same. I guess it's not working or something. BTW, can someone tell me where can I find the items to get Rigel and Mackwell?

And another thing how far am I in the game? I'm currently in the Sealed Cavern for the first time. Thx!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    To get Rigel, you need to cook Golden Curry.

The Eva is 65 and the base Price is 63, without any modifiers to the money.

For Mackwell, you need the Book of Prophecies I.

It's in the Shrine of Kaddan. In the South area, you have to go into the southeast room and wait a moment. While waiting, you need to run around. Eventually, you'll trigger an Earthwuake. Avoid the debris (otherwise, you'll have to trigger it again) and run west. Then go through the North door, run east one room, and south through the newly opened pathway. It should be the chest on the Southeast side of the room. Otherwise, it's the other one, but it's there. Don't miss the Workshop, as you can't finish the Shrine without making the item with the three Saint's Stones.

MetalGearX

Banned
    Years
  • OO so thats how it is. Hey how do u know so much do u read walkthrus constantly, or have u played the japanese version, or have you beat it in less than a day?? I want to try different avatars to figure out wat to stick wit any suggestions? I have like some naruto pics that move should i try those?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I pre-Ordered the game, so I got it pretty much as soon as it came out. Also, I have to admit, I used the Strategy Guide for it, but only for the Synthesis part. That's why I know so much about it. The only thing is you can know everything about synthesis, but it is still REALLY time-consuming, so make sure you're the patient type for it.

The hardest thing about it is figuring out which combination of inventors makes the desired item the most often, since you can exceed the Evaluation level of the item and still fail completely due to the money modifier of the group. On top of that, the Strategy Guide doesn't explain the money modifier very well; it's not only that it's less expensive, it's that it also prevents the inventors from making the most expensive items.

Hyper Mew

*changed account*
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 10, 2004
    SBaby said:
    To get Rigel, you need to cook Golden Curry.

The Eva is 65 and the base Price is 63, without any modifiers to the money.

For Mackwell, you need the Book of Prophecies I.

It's in the Shrine of Kaddan. In the South area, you have to go into the southeast room and wait a moment. While waiting, you need to run around. Eventually, you'll trigger an Earthwuake. Avoid the debris (otherwise, you'll have to trigger it again) and run west. Then go through the North door, run east one room, and south through the newly opened pathway. It should be the chest on the Southeast side of the room. Otherwise, it's the other one, but it's there. Don't miss the Workshop, as you can't finish the Shrine without making the item with the three Saint's Stones.

Well I'm in the desert thingy were you need to get the queen there. And I got Mackwell but the other one i haven't. Where's the Golden Curry BTW? Im sooo sorry for asking sooo many questions! :disappoin Thx for answering them!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    You need to create it with the Cooking Talent. I have the stats for it in my above post.

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    I pre-Ordered the game, so I got it pretty much as soon as it came out. Also, I have to admit, I used the Strategy Guide for it, but only for the Synthesis part. That's why I know so much about it. The only thing is you can know everything about synthesis, but it is still REALLY time-consuming, so make sure you're the patient type for it.

The hardest thing about it is figuring out which combination of inventors makes the desired item the most often, since you can exceed the Evaluation level of the item and still fail completely due to the money modifier of the group. On top of that, the Strategy Guide doesn't explain the money modifier very well; it's not only that it's less expensive, it's that it also prevents the inventors from making the most expensive items.

I'm sure he was refering to me, seeming as I use Naruto pics, and helped him.. but either way. I pretty much have the same thing to say as Sbaby. For the IC I used a guidebook, and it's a must if you'd like to figure out base stats, and stuff.. without it, wou'll pretty much have a difficult time with that section. I also have much knowledge from the previous 2 games, and that also contains a few of the same system in IC's, so that helped. (nearly everything except hiring inventors, etc. etc.) I know I cant stand getting help from my guidebook, so I dont bother with the chapter walkthroughs, just the IC itself.

Not the place to be talking about avatars, and such... but yes animations sounds g00d, but I perfer them to just be plain old, non-moveable pics. Use Photoshop, and just be creative. Get a nice font, some g00d pics, etc. etc. You just need to be able to work with PS, to actually get into all that g00d stuff. (my banner.. especially avatar, is pretty much basic. That's how I like them) I generally have g00d memory of things though.. I cant help but to remember stuff on such a great game as this one. When you get into it like me, there's no end to what you can learn. ^_^

~Blade~

Last edited:

Hyper Mew

*changed account*
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 10, 2004
    I'm currently in Gemity and I was wondering... is lvl 50 the level Ishould be right now, or do I have to train more?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Dude, you should be at least Lv.60 before you leave the city after the Sphere 211 incident. Also, make sure your weapons all have at least +1500 to their attack.

This is because after returning to Styx from the 4-D Universe, you are going to be fighting one of those lovely Proclaimers that everyone loves to hate. Then, you are going to fight an Enforcer, which is a bit stronger. Then the fun really starts because you are going to fight a Convictor which, HP-wise, makes the other two bosses look like jokes in comparison. This is THREE BOSSES IN A ROW WE'RE TALKING ABOUT, so take it that seriously.

On another note, these Bosses are about the level of the normal enemies in all the future areas after this, so use these fights to gauge whether you think you're ready for the final parts of the story or not.

Hyper Mew

*changed account*
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 10, 2004
    I beated the proclaimers and they were pretty easy. I'm now back in elicor II. So were should I train?

MetalGearX

Banned
    Years
  • O since ur up to that part I think anyplace is okay since there are like proclaimers everywhere you see. I trained in front of aquaria castle proclaimers give decent exp as convictors. does anyone know where luther is?? I cant seem to find the gate that im supposed to go into to find spiral tower. I finally got to lvl 150 how can i got to 255 its soo slow gaining exp wish there was a max exp cheat hehehe!!

Hey umm by the way can anyone tell me the name of the song where in the beginning where Fayt waits outside for Sophia to change and there's this japanese song?? I want to know the lyrics and i want to find where they have that song at bc i like it. Can anyone help me plz???

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2005
    When do Ruddle and Rumina show up again?

When do Ruddle and Runima show up, again? Have gotten the Blueprints from them and am almost ready for Crosell.

I gave up and bought the Strategy Guide on Ebay......waiting for it, now. BUT, I want to go ahead in the game. Well, my son-in-law is playing it. Fair exchange, after all HE bought it for ME!

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You might have wanted to make a new topic since this one is so old. ^_^; Oh well..
    Ruddle and Rumina show up again much later in the game, after you return to Elicoor III. They run a shop that peddles quite a few of the game's best weapons.

Back