• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staraptor vs Pidgeot

Staraptor vs Pidgeot

• Staraptor

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    but Pideot can learn icy wind.. which is super effective against ice.. i tink i have beaten you here..

You meant Super Effective against Flying, not Ice.

Haha... oh my goodness no. Staraptor > Pidgeot Icy Wind would do crap because its Special Based, even with the Super Effective damage.

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Articuno is lesser used in wi-fi battling anyways, it's horrible due to Stealth Rockzz

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    wow, ive just looked through the thread, and im in shock with how good lord94 thought he was. he should brush up on his tactics before he starts makin claims and sayin he's won the arguament

oh and zapdos is just as terrible because of SR

Last edited:

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Zapdos is actually pretty decent, but this is a discussion on Pidgeot and Staraptor stay on topic now little children =P

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    hm

gofre.. judge yourself before others..

name.. i am not little...

eh... im going to leave this thread now..

but heed my warning gofre; if you ever say that about me again i will have you either banned, or shot.. or maybe both...

anyways.. i forgive you guys

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    lord i dont need to judge myself, i give sound advice or not at all. you just started stating your opinions and claiming them as fact

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    Gofre.. i am appaled

I do not state them as fact.. those were just my opinions and you sound like you are in denial... i wonder if we keep arguin will we get this thread closed..?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    on several occasions you have said "I win" or something along those lines. that sounds pretty declarative to me

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Pidgeot is outclassed by Fearow in UU, but I believe Pidgeot sits in the lower tiers of UU as it isn't THAT bad.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I'd place him in UU, i used to see a fair few but i dont see it anymore, people discovered better staraptor strategies. Which is a shame, pigeots a classic imo

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    Lets see here. Defense makes better offense most of the time, does it? Attack isn't everything, people. I'm sure that you're all fully aware of this. Let's compare stats now shall we? And think about this, before saying "Staraptor OHKOs Pidgeot with 1 close combat" and other ignorant replies.

EDIT: Forget stats. Let's just get down to the point.

Let's look at Pidgeot's movesets, first. Oh look we have Featherdance. If using Pidgeot as a defensive pokemon, which it's defense is half decent or at least decent at most, it can be extremely useful. There's an intimidate for you. Packed nice and neat into a move. Just that simple. This making both of them equal. However...

Intimidate is an ability, and can be used only once, since it's not a move. No one would bother switching pokemon back and forth just to lower attack more and more. Again, feather dance has that advantage. Lower attack more and more until staraptor's attack becomes nothing. And seeing that staraptor can't learn swords dance..

That's really a problem. No way to regain attack unless holding a White Herb. =\. Staraptor is faster, but how can we cure that with Pidgeot? Simple. That's why it's been given Agility. And why have better movesets when you can copy your opponents?

That's right. Mirror move. Extremely useful for incoming close combats. Though best used if Agility isn't in effect. Both learn roost, and staraptor would just be wasting it's time doing CC, while lowering it's defenses. Omg did no one notice this?!

If there's any flaws in my point, please point them out. I try to get them as far as I can.

So in the end, Pidgeot wins, being defensive, which makes the best offense at times, including this. Sure, lower HP, but decent defense to at least take hits.

A random bolt-beamer says hi to Pidgeot..Staraptor can U-turn and get the hell out :/ Pidgeot's 'defenses' are quite close to Infernape's.

Back