• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staraptor vs Pidgeot

Staraptor vs Pidgeot

• Staraptor

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Lord: whats to forgive? we have conflicting views, i dont believe that classes as an insult or something that needs to be forgiven. i just got back on track with the thread, its more important to me.

Musashi: I agree with what you're saying, i just cant see all those benefits being brought in at once

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Even with Brave Bird's recoil damage or Close Combat's drop in defenses, Pidgeot wouldn't be able to KO Staraptor if the Pidgeot was carrying a more Defensive set up. I think we may also be forgetting that Staraptor usually carries Choice Band/Choice Scarf, so I still believe Staraptor would hold the advantage.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Lord: like i said, i got back on track with the thread, you borught it back up.

Musashi: If only i was good enough to pull that stuff off, pigeot is a legend :)

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Omg no. Pidgeot can't take Brave Birds from Staraptors, it's already Intimidated to do any necessary damage

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    But I don't believe Pidgeot would be able to survive two CB'd Attacks from Pidgeot, despite Feather Dance.

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years
    What Choice Band does is power up one move, while only using that one move.

It's risky as heck to use two Feather dances, so I'd change my idea to one, so Pidget would survive to do some retaliation back.

However, all it does is improve the attack power of that move

And Feather Dance sharply reduces attack.

That's alot of proof, but there's no way a mere Pidgeot could survive all those turns. Brave Bird 2HKO's Pidgeot, and even with the recoil damage, Pidgeot can't survive. Featherdance lowers the attack stat with 2 stages, but is that enough, since it only gets to use it 1-2 times at most.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    gofre.. judge yourself before others..

name.. i am not little...

eh... im going to leave this thread now..

but heed my warning gofre; if you ever say that about me again i will have you either banned, or shot.. or maybe both...

anyways.. i forgive you guys

I'm afraid the only one who's in the risk zone for getting a ban is you, good sir. I hope the warning I gave you will make you think twice before you start threatening people. Seriously, you're in no position to do such a thing.
    Hold on, this thread is about Staraptor vs Pidgeot. Did it ever say something about other pokemon joining the fray? I think not.

And since when does Infernape become part in this? Infernape has nothing to cover it's defenses anyway, except for Speed.

And that's why, I've said Featherdance is useful on Pidgeot.
    Eh, a Choice Banded Adamant Staraptor with max Attack EVs does 96 - 113% damage to a max HP / Defense Pidgeot with a Defense boosting nature so even if you're going to pump up Pidgeot's physical Defense to the max, Straptor still owns it. So yeah, Pidgeot pretty much fails whereas Staraptor is a viable option even in OU. It's usually good to do some damage calculations before making claims like Pidgeot being bulky enough to survive the second Brave Bird even after a Featherdance.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    Staraptor FTW!!! Intimidate is a great ability. Aerial Ace, Close Combat and Brave Bird are all level up moves. You can get Roost with a TM if you really want it (though in Staraptor it's waste of a good move slot). Way better base attack and and speed.

Staraptor eats Pidgeots for breakfasts!

yeah the only bad part about intimidate is that people can just switch out and the attack it lost is back...

Back