• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Etherion

2X10DDk.jpg

Hunter Pines
    magby.gif

The clouds began to disappear as they began their descent, the Swellow Hunter was riding on, began to perform a nose dive, and in a matter of seconds, Sandgem Town was visible. The young trainer held on to the bird tight. When they finally landed, Hunter first noticed the scent of the sea breeze, it was nothing like home but it was refreshing. He petted the Swellow and allowed it to fly back to the Kalos region, it began to fly up until it was nowhere to be seen. "Its nice to finally arrive here," he thought, as he began to take his first few steps on the Sinnoh region. His backpack began to rock, he opened it find the source - it was a Pokeball. "I guess your as excited as I am Ashton," he grabbed the Pokeball and released the Magby inside. As soon as the little Live Coal Pokemon was released, it ran around the sand, Hunter giggled. "Ashton, wait up!" he chased the Fire-type to the entrance of a large building.

"Wait, this is Prof. Rowan's laboratory!" Hunter got the Magby and allowed it to rest in his arms. He opened the door and was greeted by various machines. He noticed a girl with a Piplup approaching him. "Hello there, I'm Dawn, are you here to meet the professor?" she asked, and Hunter nodded in response. "Ok, come this way please!" Hunter followed her to the back of the laboratory, in which he saw a man sitting beside a desk full of paperwork. "Professor, he is one of the new trainers," Dawn introduced him. "Good to meet you Professor, I'm Hunter Pines and this is my Magby, I'm here to apply as a new trainer," he said. "Hello Hunter, can you fill up this form for me?" Professor Rowan headed him a piece of paper that needed some of his information, he speedily filled it up and handed it back to him. "Good job, you are now registered! And, you get these!" he snapped his fingers, and as if on cue, Dawn appeared with a Pokedex and a bunch of Pokeballs. Hunter smiled in delight, "Thank you so much!"

He exited the lab as a full pledged trainer! Without a second to spare, Ashton and him began a short trek to Sandgem Beach and as soon as they arrived, Hunter was amazed by the diversity of Pokemon in the area. "Might as well catch one," he thought to himself, he could see that his Magby was itching for one aswell. They explored the route for a 'bit and eventually came across a Ducklett, a Water and Flying type Pokemon - perfect. "Ashton! Use Flamethrower!" commanded Hunter, flames came out from the Magby's mouth and quickly engulfed the unsuspecting Ducklett. The Water Bird Pokemon leaped and attempted to use a Pluck attack, but Ashton dogged it and used a Smokescreen attack on Hunter's command. Black smog filled the Ducklett's eyes, it was unable to see for some time, and Hunter thought that it was the perfect time to strike. "Thunder Punch!" The Live Coal Pokemon's arms lunged forward with an electricity covered fist and attacked the Ducklett, sounds of crackling static filled the sea air followed by a whimpering of pain from the Ducklett. The duo watched it flail around, it was still blind, Hunter scanned his surroundings, he noticed a cluster of rocks, then an idea lit up in his mind. "Iron Tail it to the rocks!" the Magby did what it was told. Its tiny tail grew and glowed metallic silver. It swung it towards the Ducklett and the Pokemon flew towards the said rocks and it landed with a thud. "Go Pokeball!"

Last edited:

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • Mark Vens
    Pokemon Dollar: 3000
    Current Location: Route 202​
    Party:
    t4w9z6.png
    24q1xg5.png
    iclc0p.png

Counter Attack! Mark vs Rai!

Mark caught the Shinx, he was surprised that the Pokemon didn't go out of the ball anymore, Mark decided to let it out and introduce himself and his Pokemon. When Shinx was let out, it had very angry eyes, ''Sorry, Shinx, I didn't mean to hurt you, I only wanted to capture you'' Mark said to the electric type Pokemon, Shinx turned away instead of angrily attacking it's trainer and Mark decides to finally introduce himself and his Pokemon. ''I'm Mark, UT- I mean Normal Trainer, this little fella is Teltoise, and the one inside the Pokeball is Dave'', ''Hey, I'll give ya a nickname, how about doe-'' Mark was cut off by Shinx using it's 'Charge', ''Hey, it's like the move 'Flash', how about Flashy'', Shinx turns away and nodded, which made Mark happy.

''Now what should we do? Capture a 4th Pokemon? I heard our first gym will be a Rock Type gym, so... Teltoise is surely going to face off the gym, along with Bidoof'' said Mark, Mark hears some noises in the bushes and encounters a dark colored fox-like Pokemon. ''If my instincts are correct, then this Pokemon is Zorua, my Pokedex has data on it too'' Mark thought while taking out his Pokedex, ''Zorua, the Tricky Fox Pokemon, It changes into the forms of others to surprise them. Apparently, it often transforms into a silent child, Moves: Scratch, Pursuit, Fake Tears, Fury Swipes, Snatch''. Mark assumed that the Zorua was a wild Pokemon and sent out his Shinx to use Discharge, only to be interrupted by his rival... ''Hey,you there! Stop what your doing!'' A voice said in the same direction as Zorua, Mark looks closely and recognizes the one who spoke, it was his rival in Kanto, Rai. ''Ah, how have you been Mark? I never knew you would be in the Sinnoh Region'' Rai said with disappointment, Mark counters what Rai said by saying ''Erm, didn't we ride the same boat? I even called you out, but your 'friends' were in the way'', Rai looks at his Pokemon and laughs, ''HAHAHA! You started and just got 3 Pokemon? And none of them even evolved yet? HA! Your a dirt in a Trainer's name, Mark'', Mark looked frustrated and was about to punch Rai, when Rai spoke and said ''Hey, we trainers are not allowed to fight physically, Mark, we need to settle this in a battle. Mark held into his Pokeball really tight, and said ''Your on!''.

Objective: Defeat Rai​

''Let's do a 1 vs 1, I don't want to waste my time on you'' Rai said, Mark still looked frustrated, but agreed either way, Rai sent out his starter Pokemon, Charmeleon and grinned, while Mark sent out his Squirtle. ''It's a battle of our starters, huh? And you still haven't evolved your little Squirtle yet'' Rai intimidated Mark to attacking first, ''We'll show you! Teltoise use Withdraw!'' Mark shouted, Rai looked closely at Squirtle and told Charmeleon to unleash it's Scratch attack, Mark grinned and then made Teltoise use Rapid Spin, it dealt damage to Charmeleon but it quickly countered using the move 'Thunder Punch', it surprised Mark and dealt a lot of damage to Squirtle, Rai laughed as his Charmeleon tried to use another Thunder Punch, Mark had no other choice, he made Squirtle use Hydro Pump at Charmeleon, Rai stood calm as Charmeleon took the Hydro Pump, both Charmeleon and the Squirtle had low stamina left, Rai ordered his Charmeleon to finish it with Thunder Punch, Mark laughed and said ''Didn't you know why I ordered Teltoise to use Hydro Pump? Because, water conducts electricity'', Charmeleon's Thunder Punch backfired at itself, it took out Charmeleon and made Squirtle win a match.

''Urgh, just because you won against my Charmeleon now doesn't mean you won the first round, i'll be back!'' shouted Rai as he headed for Sandgem Town, ''Good job, Teltoise, you deserve a break'' said Mark while returning Squirtle back to it's Pokeball. ''Now, I think it's time for me to move o-'' Mark was again cut off by the rustling grass, ''Is it Rai again?'' Mark said while face palming, the Pokemon that appeared wasn't a Zorua, it was a Growlithe, Mark got it's Pokedex out and identified the wild Growlithe, ''Growlithe, the Puppy Pokemon, A Pokémon with a loyal nature. It will remain motionless until it is given an order by its Trainer. Moves: Bite, Roar, Ember, Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, Iron Tail.''

deerui

pixie <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2016
    Yui Sushika - fifteen - ¥1793
    Sylveon - lvl 21 - | Vulpix - lvl 6 - | Pikachu - lvl 5 -
    the first pokemon, although, she had grown up with the eevee who she had gotten
    the chance to give it the most love, making into a fairy-type, Sylveon. And, her
    mother felt the girl needed Vulpix, a newly caught pokemon, so she had a weak
    pokemon to train. With Sylveon being with Yui since she was about seven years
    old, she definitely wasn't weak. "Thanks!" she exclaimed happily to her mother,
    clipping the pokeballs to her backpack and giving her mother a small hug.

Yui ran to the back yard, grabing the pink, white, and black bicycle, and opened
    the gate which guarded her house to which large flowers and trees greeted her.
    Putting herself onto the white seat, she began pedaling toward Sandgem town.
    Yui soon stopped in her tracks, dropping the bicycle as she let out a small
    smirk. It was a Sentret!

A wild Sentret appeared!
    Yui had never battled before, so taking out one of the pokeballs,
    she threw it-- "go!" she shouted, like she had seen on TV shows.
    Sylveon came out, she knew most her attacks by seeing her
    family battling with Sylveon, so she paused, thinking of some
    of the attacks she knew.... "O-Oh! Sylveon! Use swift attack!"
    demanded Yui as Sylveon began to attack the cute pokemon.
    The Sentret let out a cry as it strikes back with a scratch attack.
    Sylveon and Sentret continued battling until the small Sentret soon
    fainted and ran away. "Yeah!" shouted Yui, happy about winning
    her first battle. Sylveon was given a hug and a kiss on the forehead,
    before being put back into the pokeball. "Good job, Sylvy" she whispered
    zealously, standing up and began to get back on track with her mission.
    Peddling some more until she reached Sandgem town. She wasn't going to
    waste any more time, so she did her best searching for the lab, until she
    saw a large building, which she quickly ran to the building, pushing her
    bycycle to the outside of the wall along with hitting the kickstand down
    with her foot. Yui walked to the door, openig it to see the clumsy professor Rowan.
    "E-eh! Pro-Professor!" stuttered Yui nervously. The white haired man
    looked at her with a laugh, "hello there! You're Yui, correct?" Questioned
    the man, which was quite odd. Yui nodded softly, "uh-- yeah" she replied,
    walking closer toward him. "Well, I'm kind of busy but," he stopped to
    start start searching for something, until he found five pokeballs, which
    he gave to her by twos, one in each hand. "Well, I already have two other
    pokemon so..." she informed the male before he let out a smile and put two
    of the red and white balls back. Professor Rowan handed her a red device
    which she had not seen before, it kind of looked like a game boy. "Here is your
    pokedex, it is your ID, it also gives you information about pokemon and other
    items. It can tell you the attacks of your pokemon and such things, you'll
    need it for your pokemon journey." Yui gulped, taking in all the information,
    although it was't much, she had a really bad memory. She took the dex,
    then listened as he called out, "Pikachu!!" Then,a fat yellow, electric mouse
    came out, "Pika-Pika!" said the mouse. It was adorable, she 'squeed', jumping to the
    ground and hugging the pikachu tightly, as it got annoyed. Professor Rowan
    handed her the ball which had the electric thunder bolt on it, Yui then called
    the Pikachu into the ball, a small light appeared as it went in. "Thanks prof.
    if that's it, I'll go no" she said softly. "Oh yes, Yui I have given Nurse Joy your
    dexter before you got here, so she signed you up to compete in the sinnoh league,
    meaning you can battle in gyms and complete to be a master" he exclaimed.
    Yui nodded, putting the dex and pokeballs in her small backpack and heading out
    of the lab. The female was officially a pokemon trainer, and she couldn't wait
    to start her journey.

Years
  • The Great Oscar
    Money: none
    Current Location: Route 201

The starly popped out of the ball as soon as quickly as it got sucked in and furiously glared at Oscar. "Okay, I really thought that would work and I don't want to spend anymore pokeballs on this thing. Let's just go." Oscar said as he was turning to go. Suddenly, Oscar fell face first after receiving a blow to his back. "What the?" Oscar turned around to see the starly still furiously glaring at him. "OH OKAY, YOU WANT TO PLAY LIKE THAT HUH?" Exclaimed Oscar.

Oscar pulled a pokeball out of his bag, "Lets wreck this bird Kong!" A chimchar popped out of the pokeball. "CHARR!" The chimchar sped towards the starly, but the starly did not back down. Instead it rushed recklessly towards the chimchar and unleashed a vicious tackle. The chimchar was knocked down violently, along with the starly."That thing knows double edge!?" Oscar withdrew his chimchar," Kong come back!"

Oscar started to run away from the surprisingly strong starly. "Why was that starly so powerful? Its suppose to be useless!" Oscar muttered to himself as he was running. He took a look behind him and saw that the starly was still pursuing him. "WHAT THE?" Oscar started running faster. He didn't care where he was going, he just wanted to get away from that starly.

Oscar ran for a good 4 minutes before stopping. *pant*pant*pant* "Is it," *pant*pant*pant*"Is it gone?" Oscar took a look around and saw a lake. " Oh buggers, where the hell am I now?" Oscar took a quick look at his pokedex and saw that he was at verity lake. "Alright, this should be a good spot to take a break." Oscar started towards a tree, but before he sat down he spotted a big shadow, "WOAH! A staravia! Now this one might be worth my time." Oscar brought out chimchar, " Go Kong! Use thunder punch!"

But before Oscar's chimchar could get to the staravia, the staravia was taken down by a brown blur. Oscar was utterly shocked at the sight right in front of him. The staravia, which he had been meaning to catch, was getting brutally torn apart by this starly, which he was trying to get away from.

The starly's wing started to glow silver and flew towards the staravia. The staravia couldn't evade the attack and took the hit full-on. The starly, now standing on the staravia's body glared angrily at Oscar. Oscar now took a closer look at the bird. He noticed that it had a myriad of scars on its body. Oscar smiled to himself, "This bird might be worth something after all."

"Okay, Kong use thunder punch on the starly!" Chimchar's fist crackled with electricity while it ran towards the starly. The starly doadged the attack and retaliated with one of its own. The starly once again, launched itself recklessly at the chimchar. "Alright! I was expecting that!" Oscar exclaimed, " Chimchar, use blaze kick then follow it up with a thunder punch!" The chimchar lashed out wildly with a fiery kick that connected with the starly.

As soon as the starly hit the ground, chimchar pounced on it and started wailing away at it with electricity filled fists. "Alright, I think that's enough!" The chimchar got off the starly. Oscar now calmly walked towards the starly and pulled out a pokeball and tapped the battered starly on the head with it.

The starly, still with a defiant look in its eye, was sucked into the pokeball with a flash of light. "You better stay in this time if you know whats good for you."

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    @domiken2 captured Starly!

@gio7sm The pokeball popped open after the second click. The wild Ducklett triest to run away!

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years

• tjwvlgQ.png

Brandon Holden
    oshawott.png

Badges: 0

"There it is!" Jean shouted over the roaring wind as she and her son, Brandon, flew over Route 202. They were flying to Sandgem from Hearthome City on the back of the Holden couple's Altaria, Purity. Brandon wanted to go there alone, take a bus or something. He was 19 years old after all. But his mother insisted on seeing him off and flying him to the professor's laboratory. Word had gotten around the region that the local head Pokémon researcher, Prof. Rowan, was giving away PokéDex's to new trainers. Brandon saw this as an opportunity to start travelling while his parents were still relatively unknown. Back at Hoenn, most of the people knew of the contest duo. He couldn't go around without being mobbed by his parents' fans. Some people say that it should flatter him to get so much attention, but for Brandon, it was unnecessarily too much. He ended up getting sick of it and decided to hide from the spotlight as a result. Now, there was no spotlight. He could get his own Pokemon and travel. I could get my own Pokemon. The thought rang in his head like an alarm clock he had set and the time was now. He voiced out his desire to his parents and there were no arguments. His bag was packed and he was ready to go. Except there was one problem.

"Where do I get a Pokemon?" he asked his parents while they had dinner. "I can't just get yours. You still have contests to enter. And even if you don't, you don't exactly have Pokemon fit for beginners."

"Pfff-moomph-moof" his mother started saying. "Swallow your food first, dear," his father said, patting Jean's back as she chewed faster. With a big gulp, she pounded her chest and drank from her glass of water. She sighed in delight and said, "Thank you, dear," before facing back towards Brandon. "Don't worry about it too much," she continued before going back to scarfing down the medium rare steak on her plate.

"Your mother's right, Don. We've got you covered," his father interjected with a wink, then he too went back to eating. Brandon stared at his parents as he chewed his food slowly. They were unlikely couples. His mother was quirky and childish while his dad was serious and mature. Jean had hazel brown wavy hair that stopped just a few inches below her shoulder. Gregory, on the other hand, looked very similar to his son. His hair is black and always waxed to keep it neat. Both their eyes are brown and hides behind a pair of glasses. His dad isn't very fit and his mother is a bit on the chubby side. They didn't look like the kind of couple to be joining contests all the time, but when you see them perform on center stage, they look like they were made for each other.

"Are you ready, Don?" her mother asked him, bringing him back into reality. They had just passed the welcome sign to Sandgem Town. The roofs of the houses below became larger as they started to descend. "Chiiruuu!" The Altaria shouted as they neared the ground. They landed in front of the laboratory. It wasn't too hard to spot from above. The building stood out from the few slope-roofed houses that scattered around the town. Jean and Brandon got off of Purity and the humming Altaria shook its fluffy white feathers in delight. Her trainer smiled and stroked her neck. "Thanks for the ride, Purity," she said then she took a small ball from her pocket. She pressed the button on the middle and it enlarged. "You take a rest now, sweetie," Jean said as she pressed the button again and a light emerged from it. It enveloped the Altaria and the Humming Pokémon was sucked into the ball. It shrank back then Jean placed it back in her pocket before facing her son.

"You have to look good for this," she said as she fixed Brandon's shirt. She tried to fix his unruly hair too, but she had to stand on her toes to reach it, and her son refused to bend down for her. Brandon attempted to shuffle away from her mother. "Mooom," he complained. He started walking towards the lab but his mother was not done fixing him up yet. She was still dusting off his shoulders and pulling his shirt down when they reached the front door. Brandon ignored her mother and extended his arm to knock on it before the door opened and a young girl appeared. She had a white hat on top of her long blue hair. Her eyes darted from Brandon to his mother. "Uhhh," Brandon started to say then Jean stepped forward with her hand extended. "Hello! My name's Jean Holden, Pokemon Coordinator," she introduced herself as she shook the girl's hand. "This here," she motioned her hand backwards, "is my son, Brandon. We're here for Professor Rowan?"

The name seemed to have shook the girl from her stupor because she suddenly perked up and grinned. "Ohh, you must be a new trainer," she said, then she extended her hand towards Brandon. "My name's Dawn. I'm one of the professor's assistants." Brandon shook her hand meekly. Dawn beamed him a smile and stepped aside. She motioned her hands inside the lab. "Come inside," she said. When they had all gotten inside, the assistant closed the door and walked towards another room, saying, "I'll go get the professor," as she walked away.

Brandon looked around the lab. There were bookshelves and contraptions everywhere. Prof. Rowan looked like a very busy man. A few moments later, a large man with white hair, dressed in a coat, stepped out of the room Dawn had gone in. He had an intimidating aura around him, but there was no doubt that that person was the Professor.

"Hello," he said in his deep voice. "I'm Prof. Rowan. I assume you're here for your PokéDex and trainer's license?" Brandon started replying to the professor but he was cut short by his mother as she stepped forward and said, "Yes! That's exactly why we're here." She walked towards Prof. Rowan with an arm extended. "My name is Jean Holden. Pokemon Coordinator," she said as she shook the professor's hand vigorously. She then pulled the professor closer and whispered something into his ear. Prof. Rowan nodded once, then they turned around. Brandon's eyebrows raised and he tried to peek but the two turned around just before he could do it. Jean was giggling as she walked back towards her son.

"I have to go back to Hearthome now," his mother said in between her giggles. She hugged Brandon tight as her son squirmed. "Take good care of yourself, now. Don't forget to visit when you can. I love you, Donny." She released Brandon from her hug and kissed him on the cheek before briskly walking towards the door. She looked back one last time and said, "Goodbye, professor," with a wink before going out and closing the door behind her. There was a moment of silence as Brandon and Prof. Rowan stared at each other. "Ehem," the professor cleared his throat. "Anyway, your PokéDex, yes." The professor walked towards a cabinet and opened a drawer. He took a red device from inside and plugged it into a machine right next to the cabinet.

"Brandon Holden, correct?" Prof. Rowan asked. "Uhh, umm, yes," Brandon replied with surprise. The professor nodded. "Your mother told me. She's got quite a character." Brandon laughed awkwardly and scratched behind his head. The machine produced a sound and the professor unplugged the device. He walked towards Brandon and handed him the red device. "This is your PokéDex. This records all the data of the Pokémon you've seen and captured. It's been registered to your name and acts as your trainer's license." Brandon took the red device and examined it. "To use that, all you have to do is point it towards the Pokémon you want to know about and press that large green button," Prof. Rowan said, pointing at the different parts of the Dex. "Also," the professor said as he fished his coat for some items and pulled out five small red-and-white balls. "Here are five Pokéballs. You'll need these to catch wild Pokémon, although I suppose you already knew about that." Brandon took the balls and placed it inside his right pocket. "And finally," the professor took out a Pokéball marked with a blue ribbon on it from his front coat pocket, "your first Pokémon." Prof. Rowan placed the ball in the boy's hand. "This one is from your mother. She said she won it as a prize in a recent contest."

Brandon stared at the ball in his hand. Going in this journey, he'd already expected and prepared himself to finally get a Pokémon, but the feeling of receiving one's first Pokémon is something you can't prepare for, it seems. The normally reserved boy was overcome by emotion. "Th-thank you, professor," he uttered. Prof. Rowan patted his right shoulder and said, "My pleasure, but you should also thank your mother when you get back to your house. She believes in you, you know. In the short conversation we had, I could tell that your mother is very proud of you."

The new trainer nodded and smiled faintly. "Alright then, you're all set," Prof. Rowan said as he stood back and put his hands behind him. "Sinnoh is a region full of places to explore and Pokémon to catch. There are always new things to discover, you just have to look very hard. You can also attempt the Pokémon League challenge by collecting the gym badges from the different cities. This is what most trainers usually do, but feel free to aim for something different. The world is in your hands, my boy. Do your best and you will succeed in your endeavors. Good luck!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Brandon was walking along the streets of Sandgem Town with his duffel bag hanging around his right shoulder. He was holding and playing with his first Pokemon's Pokéball in his hand. He still hadn't checked it out yet. The boy didn't feel like it yet. He found that thinking about what kind of Pokémon might be inside is a lot of fun. Brandon still couldn't believe that he was finally an official trainer. He didn't think he'd be able to set foot outside their house without being crowded around, but here he was, walking past people who didn't know about the Holdens.

There was nothing much to do in Sandgem. There's few houses and there's a Mart and a Pokémon Center. There was a sandy path leading towards what looked like a beach, but Brandon didn't feel much like going there. After all, it would lead nowhere but the sea. He passed by it and continued walking around town. After a good twenty minutes of walking, when Brandon was starting to get tired, he saw a path leading towards, as the sign says, Route 202. Maybe I should've gotten a map, he thought to himself. He knelt down and set his bag on the ground. He shuffled inside it and pulled out a worn-out folded paper. "Bingo." He opened the paper and it revealed the region of Sinnoh. It was an old map, but it serves its purpose. It was something they had gotten before moving to Hearthome. "Let's see here, Route 202…"

Tracing the map with his fingers, Brandon finally found the route. "Leads to Jubilife City." He looked for other paths that he could take. He saw that there was a path to Route 201 that leads to Verity Lake and Twinleaf Town, but both places were dead ends. He folded the map and placed it back in his bag. He stood up and picked up his back. "Route 202 it is."

---------------------------------------------------------

The route was literally buzzing with noise. Brandon could hear several groups of Pokémon making melodic buzzes behind some bushes. The patches of tall grass rustled with activity. "Now's probably a good time to find out what Pokémon I have," he told himself. He gripped the ball in his hand and took a deep breath. Brandon pressed the button on the ball and it popped open. Out came a white light that shot towards the ground. There was nothing but a silhouette at first, but in seconds, the light materialized into Brandon's first Pokémon.

"Osshhhaaa," the Pokémon said as it stretched its arms and spun around with grace, eyes closed. It held some sort of shell in its paw. It stopped from spinning and placed the shell on its stomach. It faced Brandon with an inquisitive look. The Pokémon's body was blue while it's arms and head are white. Two triangular dark blue ears perched on top of its head. Its nose was large, brown and oval. The Pokémon's expression changed then it suddenly ran towards Brandon. It jumped up, took the shell from its stomach and hit his trainer on the head with it. "Ow!" Brandon exclaimed, rubbing his head. He remembered what the professor had told him about the PokéDex. He quickly pulled it out from his pocket and pointed it at his Pokémon. After pressing the green button, the device spoke in a mechanical voice.

[OSHAWOTT. THE SEA OTTER POKEMON. The scalchop on its stomach isn't just used for battle—it can be used to break open hard berries as well.]

"Oshawott, eh? That's kind of a mouthful," he said, casually gazing towards his Pokémon. The Oshawott still looked at him weirdly. Brandon knelt down and attempted to stroke the Pokémon's head, but the Sea Otter slapped his hand away. The new trainer frowned. "Don't be that way," he said. He tried again, but the Oshawott scooted away from his hand. "I know." Brandon stood up and walked towards a bush. He rummaged through it for a while and came back to the Oshawott with a few berries on hand. "Here you go. Fresh from the bushes."

The Sea Otter reluctantly walked closer to Brandon and took a berry from his hand. It ate it and gave a pleasant "Ossha!" Brandon couldn't help but smile. He patted the Pokémon's head with his other hand. This time, it happily accepted it as it continued eating the berries. "You look like a Kai," Brandon told the Oshawott. "I think that's what I'll call you. Kai. Is that alright with you?" The Sea Otter looked up at him happily, displaying the two pointed fangs in its mouth. "Oshhaa-wott!"

"Chirp, chirp," a sound came from the bush behind Brandon. The trainer turned around and saw a red bug staring at him. It had two large antennae on its head and it looked as if it had a collar around its neck. He pointed his Dex at the bug.

[KRICKETOT. THE CRICKET POKEMON. Its legs are short. Whenever it stumbles, its stiff antennae clack with a xylophone-like sound.]

"I guess you're the ones behind this noise then," Brandon told the bug Pokémon after the Dex finished. Kai the Oshawott stood behind its trainer, curiously looking at the new arrival. "You want some berries, little guy?" the trainer asked, offering the berries to the Kricketot. He brought his hands closer to the bug then all of a sudden, its antennae clacked together repeatedly, producing a very loud headache-inducing sound. Brandon fell back, covering his ears. "AAAAAAAHH!" he shouted.

Kai leapt into action, obviously struggling to keep itself up as the Kricketot kept producing the awful noise. The shell he held started glowing white then he ran towards the bug and slashed at it. The Kricketot fell back, stopping it from clacking its antennae together. Dizzy from the noise, Brandon tried his best to stand up. The bug was lying on its back and Kai stood over it. "Ossha!" the Sea Otter shouted triumphantly and pounded his chest. Suddenly, the bug started glowing red. "Kai, watch out!" Brandon shouted, but it was too late. The Kricketot shuddered and released a bright red energy that sent Kai flying backwards. The Oshawott skidded on its back before coming to a stop just beneath Brandon. Kricketot hopped up and looked at Kai, obviously angry now.

Kai struggled to get up. Brandon watched as the two Pokémon faced off. The trainer saw the bug's antennae start vibrating. "It's going to do that thing again, Kai," he told the Oshawott who looked at him expectantly. Brandon said no more, prompting the Sea Otter to act on its own. It gripped its shell once more and ran to the bug. Kricketot saw Kai coming and started making loud noises again. It stopped the Oshawott in its tracks, making Kai cry out in pain. Brandon covered his ear once more. "Kai!" he shouted, then he scolded himself. He only realized that he should be giving out orders to his Pokémon. Quickly, he grabbed his Dex and pointed it at his Pokémon. It displayed Kai's stats, who was apparently male, and moves. He read his Pokémon's known moves, trying very hard to ignore the pain that was building up in his head.

"Kai, Aqua Jet!" he finally called out. Almost immediately, the Oshawott stood up and ran towards the bug, covered in water. He sped up faster and faster until Kai hit the bug square on its chest. The Oshawott jumped back a few inches after hitting his target. The Kricketot was down once more, but it was still trying to get up. Brandon contemplated just leaving the bug there. He was not too fond of them, and the Kricketot has caused enough trouble for him. Still, he wasn't about to let his guard down. He read on Kai's moves some more. "Hmm, prepare for anything it might do, Kai. Use Detect."

The Oshawott stood vigilant, watching the struggling bug. Its antennae started vibrating again, but before it could click together, Kai ran towards the fallen bug and placed his shell between the Kricketot's antennae. The bug tried clicking its antennae, but the two wouldn't meet and produce sound. "Good, now use Icy Wind for good measure." Kai blew out a cold wind from his mouth and snow started forming on the bug's antennae. The Oshawott ran back to its trainer after doing so. Brandon just stood there a while, watching the Kricketot struggle to get up and make more annoying noises. He bit his lip and shook his head. He pushed his glasses up and took an empty Pokéball from his pocket. He pressed the button in the middle and threw it at the bug.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    @Ash_Ketchum123 caught Kricketot!

Chapter 2: Jubilife City!​

The first city you will encounter on your journey will undeniably be Jubilife city. It's the biggest city in Sinnoh, and the most modern too! The whole city bustles of activity, and there is always something to do. From the poketch company to the television station, it's hard to get bored in Jubilife.

Objectives:
    Reach Jubilife City

Optional Objectives:
    Visit the television station, and play pokemon dress up.
    Visit the poketch company, and receive a free poketch, which includes a region map.
    Visit the trainer school, and battle some students
    Visit the Trading and Adoption Center, here trainers come to exchange their pokemon, or search trainers that want to take care of their pokemon. At the moment, the following offers are open:
    Spoiler:

Routes:
    Route 202
    A steep route, that leads to Jubilife City
    Pokemon:
    bidoof.gif
    kricketot.gif
    litleo.gif
    starly.gif
    lillipup.gif
    zorua.gif
    growlithe.gif
    shinx.gif

Route 203
    A rocky route that connects Oreburgh and Jubilife. The route is very peaceful, and has a very natural atmosphere.
    Pokemon:
    zubat.gif
    abra.gif
    shinx.gif
    kricketot.gif
    starly.gif
    cubone.gif
    ralts.gif
    lotad.gif
    seedot.gif
    spewpa.gif
    wurmple.gif

Route 204
    A route divided in two by the Ravaged Path. The first part of the route is very charming, and natural. (Don't enter Ravaged Path)
    Pokemon:
    budew.gif
    kricketot.gif
    spewpa.gif
    oddish.gif
    foongus.gif
    cottonee.gif
    surskit.gif
    sewaddle.gif

Etherion

2X10DDk.jpg

Hunter Pines
    magby.gif

The ball shook once, then twice, and then, a light illuminated from it as the Ducklett got out of the ball - dazed and attemped to run away. But before it could, Hunter acted quickly, "Ashton use Smokescreen again!" Black smog filled the beach, and landed directly into the Ducklett's eyes. "Heat Wave!" The Magby began to form a red-orange ball from his mouth, it aimed it at the blind Ducklett and released scorching winds, as it reached their opponent, the Ducklett shrieked in pain. It began to run in random directions, then finally towards the Live Coal Pokemon, it unleashed a Bubblebeam attack which took the duo by surprise. Ashton took in the damage, despite narrowly escaping. Exhaustion kicked in as Ashton lay in the sand, the Ducklett charged, but fortunately slammed itself into nearby rocks. "Ashton, get up and use Thunder Punch!" the Magby jerked up from the sand, armed with yellow sparks filled fists. It ran towards the confused Ducklett and punched it into the ground. "Go Pokeball!"​

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    @gio7sm the ball shakes only one time, and clicks immediately. Hunter caught Ducklett!

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • Mark Vens
    Pokemon Dollar: 3500
    Party:
    fu874w.png
    24q1xg5.png
    iclc0p.png

Brave Heat! Growlithe!

Mark recalls his Squirtle and began to think about his decision, there was only one thing that popped into Mark's mind, Catch it. Mark with full potential sent out his Shinx for it's first battle, Growlithe growled at the Shinx and Shinx growled back, ''Intimidation, huh?'' Mark thought while commanding his Shinx to use it's Charge attack, Shinx didn't listen and used Leer against the wild Growlithe lowering it's defense down, Growlithe didn't waste anymore time and used it's Bite against Shinx, Mark ordered Shinx to use it's Discharge, Shinx didn't had any other choices and used Discharge against Growlithe, causing damage to it as well. While Growlithe was still recovering from it's damage, Mark ordered Shinx to use Tackle, Shinx disobeyed and used it's Scary Face against Growlithe lowering it's speed this time, Growlithe recovered from it's damage and ran over to Shinx while using Flame Wheel, it caused the burn effect against Shinx. Mark didn't waste anytime, he ordered Shinx to use Tackle once again, but Shinx disobeyed again and used Bite against Growlithe, ''Why aren't you listening to me'' said Mark while beginning to feel frustrated, Growlithe used it's Roar and sent Shinx back to it's Pokeball, Mark was relieved because Shinx won't faint anymore, ''You've got this fight, Dave!'' shouted Mark while sending out his Bidoof, Growlithe tried to use Flamethrower against Bidoof but missed because of it's slow speed, Mark remembered Shinx' Scary Face that lowered it's speed and smiled while ordering Bidoof to use Hyper Fang, Bidoof used Hyper Fang against Growlithe dealing loads of damage against it, Growlithe was becoming too tired but didn't gave up, it used it's last resort, Iron Tail, Mark didn't waste any time as well, he told Bidoof to use it's Take Down while grinning. The two Pokemon charged at each other, they both stopped when the attack landed, Mark grinned and saw Growlithe weakened while Bidoof was still okay, ''I see now, Shinx used it's Leer first to make sure all of Bidoof's physical attacks hit more harder, and then used Scary Face to slow down Growlithe's attacks'' Mark said while grinning. He knew it was his chance, he snapped his fingers and threw a Pokeball at the weakened Growlithe.

doge

???
    Years
  • Erina Bresh // Rookie's First Mistakes

"Pokeballs… pokédex… pokémon…" Erina mused to herself as she walked along Route 202 to Jubilife City. She had just met up with Professor Rowan and gotten her stuff, but after waiting so long on the trip to Sinnoh, and then to Sandgem Town, Erina was itching to get a start on her journey. She looked over the items she just received in her hands and after a satisfactory inspection, put everything aside from Briar's pokeball into her shorts' pocket.

After a few minutes of walking, Erina groaned. "I really should've gone to the beach first and relaxed." She stopped to take a minute to stretch and look around her. With trees closing her off on both the right and left, there was only one path Erina could take, and that was to continue through the grass. It left a ticklish sensation on her legs, she needed to get used to the outdoors again, after all she'd been cooped up in planes and vehicles ever since she started her trip to Sinnoh.

Before Erina could start moving again, she noticed a rustling far off in the distance. Her eyes gleamed and she grinned, the hand that was holding Briar's pokeball gripping it tightly now. As the mystery pokémon grew closer, Erina approached cautiously, readying her pokeball.

A blur of brown and slight red burst from the grass and into Erina's sight. Eagerly she tossed her pokeball and released Briar. The Cyndaquil let out a high pitched roar and took a stance, showing itself as eager as its trainer. The lion cub like pokémon that appeared took a wary stance, not wanting to leave its defenses open.

"Looks like we're starting this one, just the way I like it! Briar, use Flame Wheel!"

The Cyndaquil began to run towards its opponent, gradually picking up pace and eventually breaking out into a roll, letting flames envelop its body. The lion pokémon stood its ground, taking the full brunt of the hit, but it seemed unphased. Using the momentum from the impact, Briar back flipped off and away from the pokémon.

Erina was about to call another attack but before she could, the lion cub dug its feet into the ground and launched at Cyndaquil. "Ember!" She managed, and Briar let out a measly burst of fire before being thrown back by the wild pokemon's tackle. Again, it took a defensive stance and dared Erina and Briar to attack first.

"Use Leer!" Briar sent an aggressive stare at the pokémon and apparently, it had some sort of visible effect as something about the lion pokemon's stance seemed to soften. "Quick Attack!" Erina called quickly, and suddenly the Cyndaquil had dashed towards the wild pokémon and swept it out from under it's legs. Shocked by the sudden loss of its footing, the wild pokémon panickedly looked around for the culprit.

"Alright, a good opening, Briar, Ember!" Without the impending tackle in its face this time, Briar managed to shoot off a decent burst of flames at the disorientated pokémon, but it seemed to barely have any effect, and instead only alerted it to where Briar was.
    "Why isn't this working?" Erina was at a loss for why some of her attacks seemed really ineffective. She didn't seem to realize that not only did she not know what this pokémon was, she didn't know its type either.

Now aware of where Briar was, the wild pokémon took charge again, going in for another tackle on the Cyndaquil. Although she had sort of lost her attention there, Erina recovered quickly and shouted out the first move that came to her mouth, "Extrasensory!"

Suddenly, the charging pokémon became enveloped in a purple light and had its momentum stopped and was pushed enough so that it lost its balance and fell over. The attack was weak, but definitely did the trick. Briar's Extrasensory still needed a lot of work, especially with control and power, so Erina didn't like to use it often, but it paid off here. Again at a loss for what had just happened, the wild pokémon looked around disorientedly, still laying in the grass.

Erina looked at the situation before her for at least ten seconds before she realized, "Crap, I can catch him!" In a rush, she reached for the pokeballs she had just received in her shorts' pocket but instead accidentally pulled out her pokédex, which she also managed to open. Instantly it started to talk, "Litleo, the Lion Cub Pokémon. They set off on their own from their pride and live by themselves to become stronger. These hot-blooded Pokémon are quick to fight." Alongside that text was information about the Litleo's type, as well as the moves it had.

"No wonder... " Erina muttered to herself. When she glanced up at the Litleo Briar had just tipped over, it was already gone. Small footprints were left in the grass, hinting that it had run off while she was distracted. "Huh, so much for that pride stuff." While Erina wasn't dumb, she failed to notice that that sort of pride was not what the pokédex was referring to.

"But geez, I can't believe I messed up like that. I even forgot to use my Pokédex before the battle! That would've been embarrassing if anyone else was around." She sighed and Briar came scampering over to her side. She picked him up and kicked the ground with some frustration and an odd smile on her face. "Well, let's keep going. We're almost to Jubilife anyways."​

Last edited:

Etherion

2X10DDk.jpg

Hunter Pines
    magby.gif
    ducklett.gif

After the long and tiring day, Hunter sat beside his two Pokemon. The white sand of Sandgem Beach began to cool, as the sun settled in the horizon. It was truly an amazing sight - the sunset. Varying hues of oranges, red and yellow encircled the sun as it began to sink into the sea. The sea teemed and hissed, scraped the stones, lashed the beach and releases, it lulled the new adventurers into slumber. When they woke up, the sun was no longer in the horizon, it was replaced by a blanket of black patched with shining lights. Hunter called both of his Pokemon back in their balls and began a trek to the nearest Pokemon Center, shortly enough, he arrived in one. He approached Nurse Joy and asked for a room which she happily gave him. Hunter opened the door to his single bed room, it was so small that the only things that were inside was a bed, a bedside cabinet and a window that overlooked the beach. He began to crawl inside the bed, while his Pokemon were healing over Nurse Joy's care. Once his eyes were closed, he began to reflect upon the things that he experience in this new region.

Hunter rolled out of his bed and stood up, he stretched in the direction of the sun, just shining its warm and golden light. Outside, Sandgem was glowing under its morning warmth, and the dew was still plainly visible on all the blades of grass nearby. He thanked Nurse Joy for the room, and for healing his Pokemon, and he was off. Firstly, he viewed a map of the Sinnoh Region that was conveniently hanged in the walls of the Pokemon Center, up north hailed Jubilife City, Hunter's next destination.

He arrived at Route 202 with Ashton by his side, and Becky on his shoulder, minding their own businesses. He noticed a couple of youngsters battling their newly caught Pokemon, Hunter would love to battle them, but going to Jubilife was his number one priority, he kept his attention on the young trainers and barely noticing a Lillipup, gnawing at his pants. Ashton began to alert Hunter, he looked down and bend over to pet the Pokemon. "Hey buddy," he said, as he spotted a yellow collar laced around its neck with the name "Brad" written in bold letters. "This fella might be lost, lets go find its owner," he said to his Pokemon. He carried it in his arms and began to head for Jubilife City while looking around for Brad's owner. After an hour or so, they were almost at the city when they noticed a girl crying in the bushes, as if, she was looking for something. Hunter began to approach the girl. He had golden blonde hair and blue eyes that were soaked in tears. She wore a pink sleeveless top and a knee length gray leggings. "Hey there, little girl! Did you lost something?" he asked, the girl looked at him and said, "Yes, mist-" her eyes widened as she saw the yellow collared Lillipup. "Brad! Its so good to see you!" she ran towards the Pokemon and hugged it, "Thank you so much mister! My name is Marie." she smiled at Hunter and he smiled back, "I'm Hunter and don't mention in, now go home, its going to be nighttime soon!" he advised, and the girl promptly nodded.

Hunter arrived at the city just when dusk fell, to his surprise, it was still bustling with activity. From the crushing sounds of taxi horns, the hum of the street lights, chattering voices with wild laughter to the late night workers running to get cabs and the dog Pokemon howling in the distance, it was a very vibrant city. He approached a newspaper stand that had Jubilife City maps for free, he got one and began to read it. "Right now, were near the Trainer School, and the Pokemon Center's right here," he pointed at red building at the map. "We should be heading there, to get some sleep!" Ashton and Becky cried in agreement. As they headed there, Hunter inspected the map better. "I think we'll go to the Trading and Adoption Center, tomorrow, then head north towards Route 204 to catch some Pokemon. How's that sound?" Hunter asked Ashton. "Mag, magby!" the Live Coal Pokemon excitingly said. "Alright, but first things first, lets get some sleep! I'm beat!" They arrived at the Pokemon Center and immediately asked for a room, which Nurse Joy happily gave them. Exhaustion kicked in as Hunter arrived in his room, he had been walking all day, but all was worth it.

Hunter woke up with his eyes squinted shut, as he was trying to ward off the filtered sunlight drifting in. His last remnants of his dream was being chased away by the realization that he was waking up. He tried to go back to sleep again, but a car's honk said so otherwise. He went outside towards Nurse Joy's counter. "Here you go Nurse Joy! Thank you for the room!" he handed her the key to the room, "Welcome Hunter, wait - " the pink haired nurse eyed his wrist. "You know, you should really get a Poketch!" she said. "Poketch?" Hunter asked. "Its a personal tool manufactured by the Pokétch Company for trainers from Sinnoh, in the form of a watch with a touch screen! Its expensive, but you should really try it out!" Hunter nodded and thank Nurse Joy one more time before heading off.

The Poketch Company was a short walk from the Pokemon Center, so Hunter decided to visit it first. A few minutes have passed and Hunter arrived, he looked up at the building with cobalt painted walls and glass panels circling around it, it had a red "P" on top of it. He walked inside the building and noticed many trainers lining up for the Poketch. He noticed a posted that said "New Poketch Model for only 1300 Poke", Hunter had just enough money for the new Poketch so he got in line and waited patiently. Just as he was about to buy one, a familiar face pointed at him. "That's him dad! That's Hunter, he found Brad yesterday!" It was Marie, the owner of the Lillipup that he found. Hunter smiled, "Hey Marie," he said. "Well, well, thank you for finding my daughter's lost Lillipup young man!" the man, who was selling the Poketch said. "It was nothing sir, I'd like to buy one Poketch please," he humbly said. "No need to pay for it lad, take this, its the latest model! Take it as a thank you for returning my daughter's Pokemon!" the man handed him the lastest Poketch. "T-thank you sir!" Hunter thanked the man and Marie and was off. He exited the building and attached the Poketch to his wrist. It acted like a watch, and to Hunter's amazement, a map feature was programmed into it.

His next objective was to visit the Trading and Adoption Center. It was nearing noon when he arrived at the two story building just like the Poketch Company, but smaller. On the first floor was the trading part of the center, he went up the stairs to the second floor - the Adoption part. A woman greeted him when he arrived. "Good morning sir, welcome to the Trading and Adoption Center, your currently on the Adoption floor, do you want to adopt a newborn Pokemon?" she asked, "Can I take a look around first?" he asked, "Of course, right this way please." The woman escorted him towards the Pokemon up for adoption, they were playing at a little playground complete with a slide and swings. "Only two Pokemon are adoptable today, this Togepi and Munchlax. Once the Pokemon noticed Hunter they approaching him and grinned. "Toge, toge, togepi!" cried the Togepi. "Munn, munnch, lax!" exclaimed the Munchlax. Hunter let out Ashton from his Pokeball. "Hey, I'm going to adopt a new team mate, which one of the two do you like?" he asked his Magby. The Live Coal Pokemon pondered for a while and made its decision, it pointed towards the Munchlax. "Ok then, miss, we'll be adopting the Munchlax!" Hunter was motioned to fill up the adoption forms for the Big Eater Pokemon. "Ok sir, congrats, your now the proud owner of this Munchlax!" Hunter thanked the woman and approached his new Pokemon. "Hey there Munchlax," he said while raising up his hands which the Normal type Pokemon high-fived. Hunter released Becky from her ball so that she could be introduced to their new team member. "Ashton, Becky, please put your hands together for Shawn!"​

Years
  • Grayson White
    New Challenge: The Concrete Jungle

4Y2O12W.png

------------------------------------
    aron.png
    shellos.png

------------------------------------

Grayson walked at a gentle walking pace north of Sandgem Town, hands folded behind his head, feeling the gentle, cool breeze of the Sinnoh region on his face. His first few hours here have been pretty productive. He came with nothing but Ferrum, and now he had a Pokédex and a brand new friend, Molly. Not to mention, a potential new friend in Leo, who Grayson hoped he would see again. Grayson's thoughts circled around Leo for about five minutes until he noticed a very familiar scent. He stopped abruptly, eyes wide open, then quickly shut them and smelled the air in all different directions. He caught the scent again: Pecha Berries Grayson followed the scent until he found a small tree covered in the delicious Berries. He plucked three off of the branches, pocketing two of them and eating another. The sweet, succulent taste of Pecha Berries was one of Grayson's weak points. He absolutely loved them, nearly as much as Tropius fruit.

After another five minutes of lazing around, savoring the sweetness of Pecha Berries, Grayson got back up and continued on his road again. As Grayson walked, he recalled a conversation he had with his father about the different cities in Sinnoh. Grayson remembered that Jubilife was the biggest, famous for its TV Station and Pokétch Company. I think I'll skip on the Pokétch, since I already have a Pokénav. Grayson didn't even give the TV Station a second thought. Bright lights, loud noises, and flashy transitions were not his thing. I did hear something about a Trainer's school, though. Maybe that's something worth looking into? I know how to battle, even if I'm not very good at it. And maybe I don't want to be. But I suppose I have to, if I ever even hope of beating any Gym Leaders.

Grayson's thoughts immediately became interrupted when, seemingly out of nowhere, a Lillipup leaped out at Grayson and began barking violently. "Ah!" Grayson shouted as he leapt back. He had actually never seen a Lillipup before. He pulled out his Pokédex and trained it at the furry little Puppy Pokémon. "Hmm... I admit, you're cute, but I don't think you're my type." Oblivious to his wording, Grayson tossed out Molly's Poké Ball and watched as his brand-new Shellos materialized in front of the wild Lillipup. While the Lillipup snarled fiercely at Molly, Grayson began thinking to himself about Molly's battling style. She's certainly too slow to avoid attacks, but she can definitely take several hits. By the time Grayson's attention was back to the battle, the wild Lillipup already had its sharp teeth fastened into Molly's soft, slimey body in a Bite attack. "Oh no! Uhh, Molly, use Water Pulse!" The distressed Molly charged her attack and unleashed it point-blank into Lillipup's side, sending it flying. This only angered it further, as it now charged at Molly to Tackle her. The impact sent Molly tumbling, but it also covered Lillipup in a slimy purple fluid. Hmm.... This gives me an idea. "Alright, Molly, hit it with Mud Bomb!" Molly opened her mouth wide and launched a moderate-sized ball of mud right at Lillipup, not only hitting it, but spreading mud around the wild Pokémon. The angry Lillipup began glowing and charging in for a Take Down, only to find itself slipping on the mud and ooze it was covered in, landing right at Molly's feet. "Now, Molly, Icy Wind!" Molly exhaled cold wind at the Lillipup, pushing it away and sending it fleeing, whimpering and shivering. Grayson couldn't help the big grin on his face. "Alright, Molly, you did it! That was amazing." Molly looked up at Grayson and squealed endearingly. Grayson returned Molly to her Poké Ball and continued walking. Maybe I should be more careful where I walk.... I don't want to run into any more angry Pokémon.

-------------​

Had Grayson not grown up in a city built on trees, he would have known that his encounter with a Lillipup met he was nearing a large urban population. Nevertheless, Grayson was now taking his first steps into the first urban city he had ever seen. The first thing that hit Grayson was how tall everything was. Grayson must have spent five minutes slowly walking and staring straight up at the buildings (much to the annoyance of passersby). The second thing that hit him was the noise and the smell. Jubilife was definitely louder and smoggier than Fortree. The next thing that Grayson noticed was... everything else. There was so much to see at once! A car here, a billboard there, a skyscraper near him and a skyscraper in the distance. There were all kinds of people walking around; schoolchildren, businessmen, tourists, shoppers, lovers. There was so much to see. So much to see, in fact, that before Grayson realized where he was, he realized that he had no idea where anything was. He definitely couldn't see the red roof of any Pokémon Center, nor could he find the entrance to the city from which he came. Whenever he saw a distinguishable landmark, it'd be gone when he would look for it again. Grayson became worried. Oh, man. I don't think I've ever been this lost before. I don't even know if I'll ever find my way back. I don't know where anything is or how to find it. How do people live here?

aron.gif
    shellos.gif

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    @Ikarus caught the growlithe

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • Mark Vens
    Pokemon Dollar: 3500
    Party:
    2hhnlg7.png
    30kwnye.png
    28v5e81.png
    qrxjyv.png

Distant Memories

Mark takes the Pokeball Growlithe's in and sends it out, he introduced himself and the others just like what he always does, the Growlithe licks Mark's hand and Mark was happy about it, he stood up and said ''From now on, you shall be named Growly'' Mark said joyfully. Growlithe nodded and tried to show that it accepted it's new nickname, Mark smiled as he returned Growlithe back to it's Pokeball. With that aside, he tries to remember what he was supposed to do, he sent out his Squirtle for directions and guidance while thinking. The Squirtle hopped on Mark's head and pointed out a passage out of the small route, Mark pat Squirtle in the head and started walking over the road whilst avoiding any trainers or Pokemon encountered. Mark didn't want to battle anymore trainers or Pokemon, he already fought a trainer and caught a Pokemon, his team was very tired and weak, his Shinx was also burned up in battle. Mark remembered, across Route 202 is a city named Jubilife City, the largest city in Sinnoh, he planned out what he was going to do once he gets into the city, his plan was to heal up his Pokemon first, after his Pokemon are all healed up he will navigate through the city and gain more information about the Sinnoh Region. ''A perfect plan'' Mark eagerly shouted as he raised his fist, his Squirtle in confusion also raised it's fist. Mark and his Squirtle passed through many tall grasses, found and ran away from some new Pokemon, and avoided all Trainers lurking and searching for a battle. On his way, the grass was clearing up, he knew that he was close and dashed towards the exit of the Route.

Mark stumbled upon the biggest city of Sinnoh, Jubilife City. Mark and his Squirtle looked around the places and hotels they could find, Mark stumbled upon a tall building and encountered a man. ''Why hello there, in the way your dressed up, and these Pokeballs mean that your a trainer, correct?'' the man said as he looked at both Mark and his Squirtle, Mark nodded and the man laughed, ''Your a trainer, and you don't even have a Poketch?'', Mark, confused, said ''What's a Poketch''. The man sighed and explained about the details about the Poketch, he said all trainers of Sinnoh have one and he should get one as well, Mark thought about it first and asked the man where to find it. The man straightened up and said ''You see, I give these Poketch for free, your the second one I have encountered so far, And I see that you have 3 Pokemon already, I think I should give you a special test'' Mark, again confused asked about the ''special test'', the man looked at Mark and said ''I'll give you three questions, if you answer all three of them, i'll give you a Poketch, sounds fair?'' Mark didn't really care that much but still nodded either way. The man began to ask the first question, ''Does a Pokemon grow by defeating others?'', Mark thought about it and said ''A pokemon can grow by defeating others, and sometimes they can evolve when certain conditions are performed, or so I was told'', the man was impressed, he claps and asks the second question, ''Just like Pokemon types, the moves of Pokemon also have types?'', Mark grinned and answered ''The moves of a Pokemon do have types, the types can affect the foe effectively or less effectively'', the man clapped again and told Mark ''Bravo! You seem to know a lot about Pokemon, here's the final question'', ''Can a Pokemon hold an item?'', Mark, again grinned and looked at his Squirtle while answering ''Yes, a Pokemon can hold certain items, it can use the item during battle, some items give passive effects while the Pokemon hold it as well''. The man clapped and said ''Bravo, Bravo! You have answered all three questions way more than I expected you would, here take this Poketch'' the man said while putting the Poketch in Mark's hand, Mark placed the Poketch in his wrist and thanked the man for it. Mark remembered his plan and headed over to the Pokemon Center, luckily there was less people that needed to heal their Pokemons and was able to ask for healing. He sat down in one of the benches only to notice a certain someone in one of the PCs of the center, he went over into the PC and noticed his face, Rai. Mark was surprised, how did he get here so fast? Mark defeated his Charmeleon and it would have taken him some hours to get to Jubilife City, Rai laughed and told Mark that there was a shortcut in the Route and he said that he went into that shortcut to reach the City more faster than Mark. Rai looked down and also said ''Sorry Mark for attacking you, I was really surprised when I saw you, I wanted to test you out a bit, honest'', Mark smiled and said ''It's alright, at least you strengthen my Teltoise''. They were interrupted when the Nurse called for Mark, Rai told Mark to look for him outside of the Pokemon Center, he wanted to give him a tour as an appology. Mark recieved his Pokemon back and placed them in his pockets, he went outside the Center and found Rai, ''Took you awhile'' Rai said. Rai and Mark walked around the city, Rai explained every building and routes that he could go for, Mark remembered something when he was explaining, Mark told Rai about their first encounter in Saffron City.

Back when Mark was still being mentored, he was sent to Saffron City to find the Gym Leader, Sabrina. He asked some people for directions and was able to find the gym, he entered the gym only to find the guide of the gym, the guide asked Mark what he was doing there and Mark said that he was sent here to look for Sabrina, the gym leader of the city, the guide had used a PC to contact the gym leader and gained permission to allow Mark to enter. Mark arrives in the room where Sabrina is found, he notices a boy somewhat in the same age as him, he was talking to Sabrina. Sabrina notices Mark and asks him to come join them as well, Sabrina introduces Mark and the boy to each other, she said his name was Rai, one of the best trainee of Saffron City. Sabrina also explained why Mark was sent into the Gym, she said that Blue wanted Mark to fight the 'best trainee of Saffron' to test out Mark. ''We don't have any official best trainers here in Saffron you see, but we noticed this boy's ability to train Pokemon and raise them'' she said, Mark knew what was going on, he looked at Rai and said ''Let's have a battle then, one pokemon each'', Rai looked back and pointed out ''We don't even have official Pokemons yet, and we can't just fight in this room''. Sabrina giggles a bit and asked the two trainees to come with her, they arrive in a battle arena, she told them that they will be using Rental Pokemon to battle and will face off 1v1. Mark takes the electric mouse, Pikachu, while Rai takes the evolution pokemon, Eevee.

Objective: Defeat Rai​
    They both sent out their Pokemon and got ready to battle, the battle started and Mark goes for the first attack, he ordered his Pikachu to use Thunder Wave, Eevee took the attack leaving it paralyzed, Rai then made his Eevee use Refresh and succeeded.

Mark noticed Rai's ability as a Trainer to know when to attack and focused on the match, he ordered his Pikachu to use it's Quick Attack, while Rai ordered Eevee to use Tackle, Eevee had the chance to attack, but missed because of Pikachu's fast attack. Rai found out that Pikachu wasn't using Quick Attack to attack but to use it defensively against Eevee's tackle, Mark quickly told Pikachu to counter attack using Thunderbolt, it hit Eevee and damaged it.

Rai was a bit confused, but he didn't back down, he made Eevee use Swift which hit Pikachu as well, Mark saw an opening and ordered Pikachu to use Thunder Wave, it hit Eevee and paralyzed him in the process. Rai tried to go aggressive by making Eevee use Trump Card but failed because of paralysis, Mark then went for a finishing move, his Pikachu used Volt Tackle and did major damage to Eevee, Eevee fainted in the process and lost the battle, Pikachu was also in the verge of fainting, though it kept strong therefore allowing Mark to win the battle.

The battle ended with Mark winning the battle, Sabrina was impressed with the skills they both shown and told them that they will be great trainers one day. Rai got a bit mad but accepted his loss anyways. Before going back to Viridian City, Mark encountered Rai, he told Mark one thing ''Lets meet each other again, and then lets have a battle with our own Pokemon, and from now on, we're rivals, got that?'', Mark smiled while nodding, they both shook hands and their rivalry has now began. Mark then left Saffron City in order to return to Viridian City.

Both Mark and Rai recalled their first meeting and the start of their rivalry. When they were finished Rai told Mark about the first gym, ''It's not that hard, and that's where i'm headed off into'', Rai waved at Mark as he ran to Route 203, As Rai ran off, Mark silently mumbled ''Rai, my rival that changes his personality...''. Mark didn't plan out what to do next, he could either go chase after Rai or explore the city and enter it's buildings, Mark remembered the Trading and Adoption Center, a place where trainers can adopt and trade Pokemon. Rai mentioned that he went there, he traded his Lillipup for a Poochyena and saw two remaining adoptions left. Mark planned to take one of the adoption or trade with a trainer, it would gather more data to his Pokedex and would give him much more information about Pokemon. He arrived at the Center, he panted as he walked into the Adoption floor, as he arrive into the floor he saw someone take Munchlax, ''Looks like I got to take the last one then'' Mark mumbled to himself while he tries to walk past the trainer. As Mark pass by he thought of doing a Pokedex scan, while the trainer was introducing himself to his Pokemon, Mark silently pulled out his Pokedex and scanned them, he tried to keep the voice down as well. ''Magby, the Live Coal Pokemon, Its body temperature is around 1,100 degrees F. It is healthy if it is breathing yellow flames.'', ''The fire Pokemon... Magby'' Mark silently mumbled, ''Ducklett, the Water Bird Pokemon, When attacked, it uses its feathers to splash water, escaping under cover of the spray.'', ''The water Pokemon, Ducklett...'' Mark again mumbled, ''Munchlax, the Big Eater Pokemon, It hides food under its long body hair. However, it forgets it has hidden the food.'', ''And the normal type Pokemon... Munchlax'' Mark again mumbled, he was surprised when the Pokedex shouted ''Pokemon data registered'', he tried to slowly walk past the door to avoid the trainer catching him gather the information of his Pokemon. He hesitated to leave, he needed to pick up the Togepi, he stood there for some time facing the wall thinking what to do, his Squirtle only scratched his head in confusion.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Great Oscar
    Current Location: Verity Lake
    Money: None

The ball clicked once and the starly was caught. "I guess it finally had enough." Sneered Oscar. Oscar looked down at his chimchar, "You're pretty banged up, I guess we should head on over to the pokemon center." Oscar took a look around,"If I can find it that is." Oscar sent chimchar back into his ball and started out the way he had entered. Or so he thought.

A few minutes later....

"WHERE THE HELL AM I?!" Oscar took a look at his surroundings. He recognized nothing. Oscar took a deep sigh and hung his head. "Wait! My pokedex! I think that has a map!" Oscar fumbled around in his bag looking for his pokedex. Dropping a few pokeballs in the act Oscar found his pokedex, "Now lets see, where is Oscar?"

Meanwhile, a budew was sipping water when it heard a rustle in the grass. The budew turned around to see a young trainer trying to sneak up on it. "Go Darkrai!" a dark pokemon popped out and started to chase the budew. "Dew!" The budew cried out and started to run away. "After it!" The young trainer shouted. After a few seconds of running the budew looked behind it too see if it was still being chased ,but it smacked into something hard and was sucked inside.

Oscar heard a sound,"That sounded like a pokeball." Oscar took a look down and saw the pokeball shaking. The pokeball rocked back and forth three times before it clicked. "What the?" Oscar picked up the pokeball and before he could release the pokemon to see what it was he heard a shout,"HEY YOU THIEF!"

"Hey!" Oscar thought for a moment, "You....Your shorts are stupid." The young trainer just looked at Oscar dumbfounded. Haha alright, got him good. Oscar mentally high-fived himself. "You stole that budew I was trying to catch!" The young trainer exclaimed. "You can have it if you want it." Oscar said while tossing the pokeball towards the youngster. "Wha- You can't just do that!"

"Hmm? You just saw me do it didn't you?" Oscar said while walking away, " Anyways I didn't want a budew anyways, they're pretty weak." Ignoring the comment about budews, the boy yelled out," Here! I'll just trade you Darkrai!" Oscar turned around at the mention of the legendary pokemon. "Well, if you say so." Oscar slyly replied trying to contain his excitement.

"Alright then, here you go!" The youngster handed Oscar a pokeball. Oscar stared at the pokeball in his hand A legendary pokemon! And I got it so easily too! Hahaha! Goodbye normal boring Oscar, Hello Champion Oscar! Oscar excitedly clicked on the button in the middle of the ball and a bright flash of light appeared. "Welcome to the team Darkra- what?" Oscar stared at the gastly in front of him. "Hey! You cheated me! This isn't a darkrai!" Oscar yelled at the youngster. "No, I told you I would give you Darkrai and that gastly's name is Darkrai." The youngster stated matter-of-factly.

"What?! Why did you name it Darkrai?" Oscar exclaimed, now annoyed. "Because I wanted a darkrai." The youngster explained now turning away with his new budew. At that moment a flash of light appeared and the starly emerged from its pokeball and tackled the young trainer. "WHAT!" Oscar panicked as the boy fell to the ground unmoving. Oscar looked up to see the starly furiously staring at him. "Why are you so- AAAAGH! Fine, if you don't want to be my pokemon so much then go!" Oscar yelled while crushing the starly's pokeball. The starly then flew away leaving Oscar and the unconscious boy.

"Oh man oh man oh man," Oscar picked up the boy looking for the nearest town. After running for a few minutes, Oscar found a sign that said Jubilife city. "Alright! Good! There should be a pokemon center around here!" Oscar rushed the boy to the nearest pokemon center and entered. Upon seeing the boy in Oscar's arms Nurse Joy got into nurse mode. "What happened here?" Nurse joy asked as she took the boy from Oscar's hands. "Uhh a wild starly attacked him!" Oscar exclaimed quickly. "Alright, I'll take it from here. You can rest up over there, and don't leave! I have some questions to ask you."Nurse joy explained while carting off the young boy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team update
    Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Family Renuion
    Max Ramsey
    Location- Jublife City
    Current Grief Squad-
    chespin.gif
    starly.gif

"Hah, alright Brycen!" Max called out in victory. His opponent sighed as he recalled his Skourpi. "Thats a third straight win, the Grief Squad are uncomabattable!" Brycen cheered along with his trainer. The Chespin heeded Max's gesture to continue walking along route 202, and after only a few more steps, they arrived in Jubilife.
    "This is it huh." The trainer let out a sigh of relief. "We headed to the gym then?" Brycen nodded in agreement. After venturing deeper into the city, the trainer noticed a clown dancing. He grimaced at the thought of interacting with the buffoon. Unfortunately, the choice wasn't his, as the clown approached him upon eye contact.
    "Hello young trainer." The clown smiled as he walked over to Max. He awaited a return of pleasantries, but Max refused to give one. "How would you like to win a Poketch?" Those words peaked Max's interest.
    "Would I have to do that...dance?" He thought about throwing a derogatory word in between 'that' and 'dance'. The clown began to laugh awkwardly. He shook his head.
    "Scavenger hunt!" The clown exclaimed. He hoped Max would get excited, but the trainers expression didn't change. They both attempted to sigh discreetly, avoiding eye contact as they did so. It was only then Max noticed all the young trainers searching around the town.
    "I'll pass." Max said as he brushed past the clown. The excited Chespin attempted to convince his trainer, but to no avail. "Sorry Bry, just never been a fan. Besides, we got a gym to challenge."Brycens desperation turned back to excitement. The clown was relieved.
    "Oh, so you're headed straight to Oreburgh?" Max turned around in confusion. He shook his head in response to the clowns question. The clown shared the same expression. "There's no gym in Jubilife." The clown looked remorseful of the bad news he had just passed to the trainer. Max's face dropped into a blank stare. He looked down at Brycen, who looked akin to a lost puppy. He then shook his head and continued walking. Brycen followed, trudging behind.
    Max arrived at the poketch company HQ, the large building seemed to be flooded with young trainers. The line stretched all the way up the stairs on the inside of the building. Max shook his head.
    "Not a chance I'm waitin' in that." Max groaned.
    "Max Ramsey!" A man shouted from the distance. Max had no idea who it was.The man wore a suit, so Max knew it was either very good, or very bad. Max stood resignedly waiting for the man to catch up to him. "Max, follow me." The man said imperatively. Max simply nodded. He followed him past the long line into the building. It was the second line Max had passed in two days. At the rate he was going, he'd become something of a pariah if he kept that up. They arrived upstairs and a man and woman were sitting in the seats opposing the chairman's chair. "Mr and Mrs Ramsey." The couple turned and faced the chairman, they saw their son standing next to him, but they didn't seem phased at all. Mr Ramsey looked back to Max and his eyebrows burrowed.
    "You're in the Sinnoh region?" He looked almost disappointed. Max sighed and looked away. Mrs Ramsey interjected.
    "Listen to your father when he's talking to you young man!" She attempted to scold her son. Chespin had never seen his trainer spoken to in such a way, and so simply stood shocked. Max ignored his mother as well.
    "Ummm who are you again?" The trainer pondered sarcastically. His mother growled, before giving up.
    "If you're going to act like an intolerable brat, I suggest you just leave." Mr Ramsey groaned. His tone seemed to cool as the sentence went on. Max grinned.
    "That's the plan." He chuckled. The chairman quickly halted him.
    "Your parents came here to give you something. They wanted to do it personally-to do it themselves." He was trying very hard to convince Max. The young trainer was unconvinced.
    "They didn't even know I was here!" He protested. Mrs Ramsey grabbed the poke'ball on the Chairman's desk.
    "We wanted to give you your first pokemon. We took a lot of time thinking about a pokemon you could identify with." There was genuine remorse in her eyes. Max felt slightly bad for giving his parents such a hard time, he still felt his reaction was justified though.
    "So it's a Snorlax then?" He asked light-heartedly. He never considered himself a lazy person, but he knew his parents did and felt they'd appreciate the joke. They both chuckled slightly. "I guess I'll see you guys again?" They nodded as he headed down the stairs. The chairman handed him a poketch aswell.
    Max sat twiddling his new poke'ball on route 204. He threw a poke'ball from his waist and Souf popped out. Souf hopped over to Max, inquisitively trying to discover the contents of the ball. Her curiosity was met by a soft scolding by a ponderous Max. She decided to join Chespin who was resting against the tree. Shortly after the two started playing, Max came to them with his problem.
    "What pokemon do you guys think it is?" Both pokemon began enthusiastically proposing names.
    "Che, Ches .Pin..."Brycen was first.
    "Ly, Star..."Souf was quick to join in.
    "Yeah, never mind. All I'm hearing is Ches and Star, not really all that helpful." Souf turned her head in a huff. Chespin scratched his head apologetically, as if it was his fault. "They said I'd identify with it. So it was something that reminded them of me." He looked down at the poke'ball. He seemed to get choked up on the last sentence, and so decided the time for talking was over. He threw the pokemon to the ground. Much to Max's surprise, a pink pokemon popped out. The pokemon appeared very plain; it had a large snout, and a very dopey face. Max face dropped. "Thanks, Mum." He groaned sarcastically. Brycen and Souf went over to greet their new team-mate. They began to poke him, but other than the odd turn and glance he seemed morbidly unresponsive.
    "Slooow." The slowpoke yawned. Max pulled out his poke'dex.
    "Slowpoke
    The Dopey Pokemon
    It lazes vacantly near water. If something bites its tail, it won't even notice for a whole day."
    "Touche." Max nodded finally understanding his parents words. "If you were an ice type I'd call you 'chill'. I suppose your typing doesn't exactly make that name entirely redundant given your demeanour." He took a moment to make sure he'd used the larger words in the previous sentence correctly. He nodded again. "Vacance, it's got a ring to it." He beamed, awaiting a response. Vacance yawned. Max shrugged. "Welcome to the grief squad Vacance." He shook the pokemon's tail. "Next step-Grief Squad initiation...for real this time!" The trio cheered, Vacance reamained unresponsive.

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• Zero
    treecko.gif
    | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown| Unknown | Unknown

Zero looked around the sandy shore of route 219. "Bit too cold too really enjoy a beach." He muttered to Trek, who was standing beside the boy chewing on a twig as per the norm. "So I was thinking right, Artie has a torchic. A fire type Pokémon. While it might not have looked very ferocious in the lab, a fire type could really mess you up," Zero continued. This remark was returned with a chuckle from the wood gecko Pokémon. "Anyway... Fire is weak to water types. Which you, a grass type, are strong against... And where better to find a water type, than in the water!" Zero grinned at his terrible wordplay. Trek sighed and crossed his arms whilst looking at Zero expectantly. "So... uh... do YOU see any wild Pokémon?" Zero asked after a moment, causing the Treeko to face-palm.

The shortage of wild Pokémon didn't last long however, as a large wave crashed into the shore, bringing a plethora of bottom dwellers to the surface.

Corphish were originally foreign Pokémon that were imported as pets. They eventually turned up in the wild. This Pokémon is very hardy and has greatly increased its population.

"Alright! This looks fun! Trek, Energy ball!" Zero shouted, causing the largest corphish to turn towards them. "Fish?" It asked as a glowing barrier appeared infront of it. "It used protect!" Zero groaned. "Corrrrr FISH!" The Pokemon shouted bringing its pincer in for an upprcut on Trek. "Crabhammer!" Zero remarked. Trek glared at Zero, annoyed by the fact that the boy was giving a play by play instead of actual orders. "Uh... Oh! Use Absorb and suck the fight out of it!" Zero exclaimed. Trek pilled itself off the ground and several orbs of energy flew from the corphish and into Trek. However the supereffective attack didn't seem to faze the monster, as it quickly snapped back with a bubblebeam. "Watch out!" Zero cried a split second to late. The beam of bubbles knocked Trek backwards a few inches, but being an ineffective attack didn't do too much damage. "Grass knot!" Zero shouted quickly. Tiny flowers blossomed underneath the Corphises legs and tied them together. "Fish Fish?!!" The crawdaunt cried out as he fell on his side whilst trying to untangle himself from the plants. "Trek, While its tangled, use Energy ball!" Zero shouted victioriously. "Treeko-Tree!" The Wood-Gecko Pokemon shouted, launching the orb of solar energy towards the trapped Corphish. "Fish!" The Pokemon yelled as it smashed into the ground. "Fi...sh..." The Pokemon grumbled in pain. "Alright! Now lets go Pokeball!" Zero shouted tossing the ball.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    @oddball_ Caught Corphish!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Broderick Minin "Bro"
    trapinch.gif
    Shane (M) Bug Bite Superpower Sand Attack Bite Mud Slap Dig

Bro, Why The Hill?

Pt_Items_pocket_M.png

pokedex-4.png

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Bro had left the Pokemon lab with Shane and decided to go straight to Jublife City. There was no reason for him to take any detours and he was in the mood for something a little bit more like Opelucid City.

Reading the signs placed out, Bro learned that he could quickly reach Jublife through Route 202, which was right next to the lab...

Bro was sick and tired of climbing up the stinkin' hill! He knew he was rather athletic, but nonetheless, his legs were aching. The hill seemed to keep getting taller. Not to mention it was cold and the wind was blowing. The plants around the hill didn't make the trip any easier. While all of this bothered him, it didn't at the same time. He accepted the fact that the journey he was embarking on would be labor filled and possibly dangerous. This was just the beginning.

He continued on his way, trying to ignore his soreness. He decided to release Shane again for some fresh air.

"Come on bud. This is your first day of training in Sinnoh," Bro cheered. Shane walked up the hill happily and nibbled at the grass. That was, until Bro found some burnt grass and dead plants. Along with all of it, was a fainted Kricketot. It had swirls for eyes and wasn't moving at all.

Feeling sympathy for the bug Pokemon, Bro scooped it up and gave Shane a look.

"Shane, we need to find who or what is causing this. There could be somebody dangerous around." Bro glanced at his surroundings, but was just blasted in the face with a gust of wind. He wanted to laugh, but this wasn't the time.

Bro was about to continue on his way, deciding that it may have been some sort of accident, but as if on cue, a blast of fire was sent at Shane. Bro turned and caught a quick glance of a small orange Pokemon. However, he couldn't identify the Pokemon before it took off into the grass.

"Shane, sand attack the surrounding area. Hit every spot." Shane kicked dirt everywhere, hoping to hit the mystery Pokemon. However, the plants around prevented the attack from doing any damage. That was, until another ember shot by, just barely missing Shane. This helped Bro though. The fire killed all of the plants, opening up the surrounding area. Giving him a clear view of the Pokemon.

Bro's Pokedex spoke out on its own.

"Growlithe, the Puppy Pokemon. Extremely loyal to its Trainer, it will bark at those who approach the Trainer unexpectedly and run them out of town. However, it is very protective of its territory. It will bark and bite to repel intruders from its space.

"It also has a superb sense of smell. Once it smells anything, this Pokémon won't forget the scent, no matter what. It uses its advanced olfactory sense to determine the emotions of other living things."

This Growlithe seemed rather rogue to Bro. It didn't come off as a Pokemon that belonged to a trainer. Bro assumed that the Growlithe was just protecting his territory.

"Okay then. Shane, use dig!" Shane dug his way under ground quickly. To start, the ground rose up where Shane went, but eventually he was deep enough to be completely unnoticeable. Finally, he rose up from the ground, trying to hit Growlithe, but the Growlithe seemed to easily avoid the attack. Bro thought about how Growlithe avoided the attack so easily, but quickly put the thought away. He needed to focus on the battle at hand.

Growlithe charged at Shane with his mouth with his mouth wide open. Bro recognized this attack as bite, because Shane knew the attack too.

"Shane, get ready to use superpower! I'll tell you when to release your energy!" Growlithe charged at Shane and at the last second, Bro just yelled at the top of his lungs, and Shane released an attack by swinging his head at Growlithe. Growlithe flew backwards and landed on its back. Even though it was a very powerful attack, Growlithe still stood back up. It was slow, but it happened.

Growlithe reared back before jumping forward, releasing a powerful roar. The attack felt like a tornado gust and knocked Bro on his butt, causing the Kricketot to slide out of his arms. Shane slid back a few feet, but held his ground.

"Shane, use mud slap!" Shane kicked up heaps of dirt at Growlithe. Some of it hit, but most missed. Luckily, some of it managed to reach Growlithe's eyes. The fire Pokemon screamed out in annoyance. It didn't seem very happy.

Meanwhile, Bro looked down at the Kricketot. The Pokemon needed instant care. He couldn't give that and the closest Pokemon Center would be in Jublife. Sandgem had a Pokemon Center, but Bro was almost all the way up the hill. It would take longer to get to Sangem than Jublife, even going downhill.

"Shane, we need to finish this soon! Use bug bite!" Shane approached the blinded Growlithe and opened his jaw. His teeth grew white and a little longer, before he chomped down on Growlithe's leg. Growlithe swung his leg back and forth, but Shane treated it as a fun ride. Shane then began laughing, causing him to consequently open his mouth and fall of Growlithe. Growlithe had a small red bump on his leg and looked exhausted.

Bro knew Kricketot didn't have a lot of time. He needed to speed this up. He only had one solution...

"Go pokeball!" The pokeball flew out of Bro's hand and hit the Growlithe...

Last edited:
    Back