• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter in Platinum?

Who will be your starter pokemon in Platinum?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I really don't like any of the starters, so I'll probably pick Piplup and play with him through the first badge and then trade someone over.
    Hmm, maybe a Pikachu or Nidoran Male :D

King!

better
    Years
  • Well, I used to have Pearl and I started with Piplup, now I have a Chimchar in diamond, so in Platinum, it'd be a Turtwig!

Years
  • I bought two Platinum versions (since I'm a pokemon addict >_>), and I think on the first version I will not use any starter since I dislike them and will trade over my favourite pokemon instead, and on the second version I'll probably try to give myself more of a challenge and pick Piplup. I'd pick Turtwig normally since I almost always pick the Grass-type starter, but it's so ugly and I hate its typing when it's fully evolved. D:

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I had piplup in pearl and diamond so I want my favorite of them all!!!! TURTWIG!

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
  • Since I chose Chimchar in my japanese Platinum, thus completing the Type Triangle(Diamond=Piplup, Pearl=Turtwig, Platinum=Chimchar), I think I'll go with my favorite of them all. Piplup. Although, since I am going to have a Manaphy that kinda puts it up in the air. Then again, I did have both on my original Diamond Team. Great now I don't know what one I want to pick!

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • Chimchar because in my current file on Diamond I started with a Turtwig, plus every other time I played through Diamond I had a Piplup. And then in Platinum (Japanese) I got a Piplup.

I'll probably trade an Eevee over though as soon as possible (like right after having that long talk with Rowan) and just have that as my main pokemon.

Back