• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter in Platinum?

Who will be your starter pokemon in Platinum?

• Total voters

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    Hmm... Well, I started with Piplup once, but I ended up not liking the lack of fire types and restarted with Chimchar.

I'm debating on ending my self-imposed ban on grass starters, just because Turtwig is cute, but... I'll probably end up going with Piplup. I think I'm willing to put up with it because Chimchar and his evolutions are kind of ugly.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Well, I chose Turtwig in Diamond and Piplup in Pearl, so I think it makes sense to use Chimchar in Platinum. :D

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
    im choosing piplup this time because i chose chimchar in my diamond version and in my japanese platinum i chose turtwig so its time for piplup,

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Definathy Piplup.I used him everytime and he's never failed me. Plus, steel is da bomb

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I chose Piplup in Pearl. I REGRETTED IT.

So, in my Jap Platinum, I chose Chimchar. It has become the Pokemon in my team, and I never put it in my Box the first day I got it. ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Water types for the win. It'll never change unless they change all the starter types (Which I doubt.)

iReign

Banned
    Years
    I'm gonna start out with Chimchar, like I did in Diamond. After I'm finished in-game, I can continue to breed it until I get the perfect Chimchar for WiFi.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Chimchar, I just LOVE Fire

Every generation, I always choose the Fire

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    in pearl i picked piplup
    but in diamond i picked tutwing
    i'll chose chimchar this time

Back