• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Wow. If only that Fennekin evo turned out to be real... It would surpass Meganium as my favorite starter!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I really want those final evos to be real, but they are probably not. I especially like the Fennekin one. I would take back all the bad things I said about Braxien if that is what it will eventually turn into.

Years
  • I don't know why, but before seeing the evolutions, I expected Froakie to become Water/Flying. I always saw the fur stuff as being related to clouds.

In the start I didn't knew what it supposed to be, but after I saw frogaider it seem to be some kind of scarf, like what theives wear in movies and games(also his dark skin on his head and arms look like a mask and gloves to me-witch theives use alot).
    Which make think even more that he will be water/fighting or water/dark.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    I hate to be a Killjoy, but frogs don't tend to fly :p
    there are flying frogs that have webbing in between their fingers/toes to glide and as there is a electric flying squirrel its not that much of a stretch to have a water flying frog as well

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I want another Water/Fighting frog, so I very much would want it to be Water/Fighting...even thouhg it'll be weak against Grass, Electric, Fairy, Flying and Psychic...

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • If Fennekin turned out like that rumoured picture above, I'd be TOTALLY alright with that! I love the witch idea for Fennekin!

I'm so excited for this that it'll be sad if it doesn't turn out like this. xD

I wasn't for bipedal on Fennekin but now it's exceeding my expectations...in a good way! <3

Even if Fennekin turns out to be bleh, I'm still picking it because foxes are my favourite :3

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • I'd personally much rather have Dark/Water for Froakie's final stage, a Water/Fighting frog has already been done (Poliwrath) and the only other Water/Dark type I can think of is Sharpedo which is completely different. I think frog designs are becoming quite tedious; Seismitoad, Toxicroak, Politoed etc. but seeing Frogadier become Dark type when it evolves would be a little different.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    What's up with all the Fennekin Fanboys? Froakie looks all right and so does its evolved form. CHESPIN ALL THE WAY! ...well then the weird cross of a pignite and a cacnea, but a grass and fighting final should be better than a fire and fighting. Yeah I am talking to you third, fourth, and fifth gen!

Years
  • Fire/Fighting is actually a better combo than Grass/Fighting...also I feel one should excuse the 3rd generation as Blaziken was the original Fire/Fighting type not a "copy".

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • What's up with all the Fennekin Fanboys? Froakie looks all right and so does its evolved form. CHESPIN ALL THE WAY! ...well then the weird cross of a pignite and a cacnea, but a grass and fighting final should be better than a fire and fighting. Yeah I am talking to you third, fourth, and fifth gen!
    I'm pretty sure Chespin becoming half Fighting is highly unlikely.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In my opinion, they should make Chespin's final evolution a combination of grass and ground. That would turn ice Pokémon into one of its major threats, but it would also make it immune to electric-type attacks. If Chespin does turn out to be a fighting-type though, then I could imagine it to look kind of like Conkeldurr, a fighting Pokémon that's extremely bulky.

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I really hope those rumors about quilladin becoming part Dark-type are false. To me, it seems so contradictory to its cheerful and non-belligerent nature. And since we have a witch and a rogue already, I'd prefer a "white knight" to a "dark knight" (though I guess I'm biased, as I tend to be a bit more on the light side than most). I'd feel bad if it became more... cynical... upon evolution.

Years
  • As much as Fire/Psychic > Grass/Dark > Water/Fighting balances, which is what they're going for in this game, I can't help but feel that Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark would make a LOT more sense, what with Chespin being a Paladin and Froakie being a Ninja, it just fits perfectly! I need to know now what GameFreak is going to do with this!

There's absolutely, undoubtedly 100% chance that Fennekin will become Fire/Psychic. Fight me.

Years
  • Well the rumor originally said Water/Dark, Grass/Fighting, and Fire/Psychic...but later he said it was wrong and it was Water/Fighting, and Grass/Dark...he could changed it to make it look less true and continue his partially wrong approach...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I have very little doubt that there won't be a Dark Type starter with Fennekin becoming Psychic type. Only way I can see a Dark Type Starter is if Fennekin is Fairy type instead of Psychic. Giving one an immunity to another breaks the entire point to the starters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back