• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • THe thing with Fennekin is people would have complained that it was a copypaste of Vulpix and Ninetale if it had stayed on 4 legs. I like the witch theme tho it looks different than the Kyubi fox. Froakie final evo could end up like this.
    Spoiler:
    Blah, turning Froakie's final stage humanoid would be terrible in my opinion. The only thing I can see being more apparent in Froakie's last stage would be its foam around the neck. I can see that becoming a more dominant change. If it's truly based off of a ninja, then I can see it remaining slim and agile. It's blue coloring could also become darker maybe.

Who else thinks that Game Freak came up with Fennekin in the idea of a girl?
    I like the idea that Fennekin's evolutionary line is based off of a witch or sorcerer. Just because it appears more feminine doesn't mean it's based off of a girl. :|

Roh

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    I now start loving Fennekin. I never thought of a Fire Fox and it's a reality now!

Vulpix and Ninetails were fire foxes, at least the way I saw them.

As for my starter, it's a hard decision. I love my Slowking, so not having him on my team is not an option. So with my water-psychic type, next to the fire-fighting type I'll have with the Torchic promotion, I'm thinking I'm going to go with Chespin as my grass type. HOWEVER. I will never ever use single types, so if Chespin is only a grass type through all evolutions, which so far it's looking like (same for the others, unfortunately), I might not end up using a starter at all, which is fine too.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It would be interesting to have a trio of starters being singled typed for each evolution, but it would be much better for all of them to be dual-typed.. especially Fire/Psychic for Fennekin.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2014
    Did you guys notice they updated the kanto starters crys slightly? Like they combined the 8 bit sounds with actual animal sounds. Bulbasaur's cry probably would be the most obvious, compare it to an unaltered cry from the previous games, then listen again to it in the kanto starters trailer? They added a bit of a hog/pig-ish sound with it. I wonder if they did the same with others...that would be kinda cool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The Kanto starters cries do sound a bit different...

I feel that Fennekin will be given a third eye (the one on the forehead symbolising spiritual awakening) during it's final evolution for some reason...

Dedenne

The Antenna Pokémon
    Years
  • Either Chespin, Fennekin or Froakie for me. :3
    No seriously I haven't decided yet, i need to see final evos :3 But Froakie has been confirmed Water/Fighting by some 'trustworthy' spoiler guy, so i'll just say that. :P

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • 11902.jpg

Anyone think this is legit? If it is, I'd say Frogadier's evo is looking Dark type, and Braixen's definitely Fairy/Psychic

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • Is the slash suppose to mean Or? As I doubt it'll lose the Fire type as it's the fire starter...

I think someone already admited to them being fake.

Sorry yes of course I would not expect it to lose it's Fire typing, I meant Fire/Fairy or Fire/Psychic. But if they're fake that's a shame. They could have fooled me!

Southueki

Writer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    11902.jpg

Anyone think this is legit? If it is, I'd say Frogadier's evo is looking Dark type, and Braixen's definitely Fairy/Psychic

Frogadier's evo was rumored to indeed look like on that picture, so call me dumb if you want, but I think those might be real.

Frogadier's evo looks water-fighting to me, and Fennekin's fire-psychic, as expected

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Frogadier's evo was rumored to indeed look like on that picture, so call me dumb if you want, but I think those might be real.

Frogadier's evo looks water-fighting to me, and Fennekin's fire-psychic, as expected

Person that described Frogideir's evolution confirmed they were fake (Her descriptions)

I think this is fake. I can't say why, something about the picture just looks off.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Actually the person who said her info was fake copied the rumors from Pokebeach and added her own. It's possible the Pokebeach rumors are true thus the real Froakie evolution may actually look some what like that as the description was amongst them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back