• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter Pokemon....

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    I will choose Totodile for nostalgia's sake. He was after all my first pokemon ever.

Years
    I'll choose either Cyndaquil or Chikorita...I just lovee those two!
    Since I just fixed my Gold and Silver games, I chose Chikorita on Gold and Cyndaquil on Silver.
    Hm, guess I'll pick when I get the game

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    I'm either choosing Cyndaquil or Totodile. Apologies to Chikorita, you're still cool but not exactly my type xD Cyndaquil was my first choice when I first got Gold all those years ago. Then a later time I chose Totodile and soloed the game with him ^^ Except for HM slaves of course. Feraligatr owned all those little dragons (:

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    i'll be getting soulsilver because i can't stand looking at that rainbow colored turkey lol XD.

as for starters go... yeah cyndaquil duh! i've picked fire types since r/g/b but i mean that wont stop me from getting all three anyways lol. i mean what are friends for anyways, obviously for trading!

Vulpix_Trainer

Twilight Curse Electric Gym
    Years
    It's a toss up between Totodile & Cyndaquil. I would maybe pick Toto because that was my first starter when I played Gold version. But Cynda's second evolution is so Ridiculously CUTE!!!! <3 Quilava looks so cool. Chikorita never really clicked with me, im not the biggest fan of grass pokemon; but I do make exceptions.

But if i HAD to choose I would select Cyndaquil, then use an everstone on Quilava so he will forever look amazing :P XD

Also I'm getting Heart Gold, Ho-oh holds a special spot in my heart.

ElementalKrack

Scizor Snipper
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    *Looks in Crystal Version for Starter* Ahh. Good times back in the day when I picked Cyndaquil... He owned every battle with me all the way. I guess I'm going to go with Cyndaquil.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    For the vast majority of my playthroughs of Silver and Crystal, I had chosen Cyndaquil. However, Ninetales has since become my favorite Pokemon, and I must now have it on all my teams when it is catch-able.

So I will pick Chikorita, as I have been doing with my recent playthroughs of Silver

MrLKK

The ghostly water trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Totodile All the way, Totodile on both HG and SS (Pretty sure I'm getting both)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Il be going for a totadile all the way. I have to have a Croconaw in my starting line up. :)

Back