• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starting out with Rom Hacking? Click here

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    I'm not entirely new to hacking, but I'm not inexperienced

The trouble I'm having right now is getting to a point where I can download and hack a ROM. I understand that can't be done by link, but I am not sure where to go so I can hack.

Also, out of curiosity why can ROM links not be shared? Or is that treading on dangerous ground

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2021
    Good question. I would recommend Mediafire and/or Google Drive because they both have fast downloading speeds. As for promoting your hack, that's a different story. I would recommend here, GBATemp, or any social media site as long as you know your followers would be interested.

Years
    • Seen today
    @barthdry

Those are probably not forgotten but were already obsolete in 2014.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    Hello, I just want to change some numbers (power of moves, pokemon's stat distribution) and some learnable moves in heart gold. I dont want to change anything else. Its just so that I can enjoy playing with my favourite pokemon of which many are underwhelming in game. Such as onix, Pidgeotto etc. What tools should I use? And what should i not tamper with? Thank you :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2022
    Thanks for theadvice. For me I just want to edit Pokemon Ultra Violet where the GYM Leaders and trainers in those gym are 5 levels higher and the same for random battles with Gary's and Giovanni and once you've defeated the Elite 4 twice You can play them again but there levels are 3 times higher and once you've defeated them 3 times they go another 10 levels higher so they are average in their level 90s. How difficult do you think it is just to change those things? Another I am interested in doing but I would imagine this will be difficult, having it at the start where there's 3 trainers. The thrid trainer chooses their pokemon last and they are slightly more of a friend than a rival and just before you battle Gary throughout the game, you battle the other person before. How difficult do you think it would be to do all of those things? No maps need changing and the speeches can stay the same.

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
    Years
  • Thank you for making this.

I would like to make my own game since none of the games have the elements I would like to see in an game.

Are the following things doable?

1. Can you rig the battle system so for each battle you can choose with how many Pokemon you want to fight?
    1a choose for instance 4 so the opponent also has 4 to battle with
    1b option to battle 4vs4
    1c variable price money?

2. Is it possible be able to choose with which Pokemon you want to start the battle.

3. A coin flip to see who starts?

4. Link battles/trades?

5. Maximum choice of starters?

6. How big can a walkable area be?
    Can the whole of Kanto be one big walkable place? With dungeons?

Days
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Hey i am a player but I want to create a pokemon gba hack what type of programming would i be required to learn??

Back