• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steelers Win the Super Bowl

The S

The Reverend
Years
  • Post your thoughts on the game here.

Although I am not a fan of football at all, my family is. So the game was on, and I cannot believe how much the referees were looking the other way. I may live near Seattle, but since I don't like football, I can't harbor hometeam pride for the Seahawks. But anybody with two eyes and a brain could see the refs flagged the Seahawks for things that the Steelers got away with, and a Steeler even crawled across the endzone for a touchdown and it counted.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • A few calls were questionable, but the Steelers would have won anyway. Look at the Colts game when there was a lot of bad calls. The Colts almost won because of bad calls. Everyone gets their fair share of bad calls. Roethlisberger didn't do as good as I suspected, but he wasn't that bad. Hines Ward had a great performance, so did Randle El. The right team won.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • The main thing about the refs is they kept calling a holding penalty against the Seahawks at kickoffs, and they TOTALLY jipped Jackson of a touchdown from a mild little shove.

Aside from that, the refs didn't interfere much. And I think Ben's TD count seeing as the ball just barely went over the white, which is all that matters.

Good game, I think.

Lust

Ubersexual
    Years
  • The game wasn't as close as I expected, but it was still pretty good. The refs didn't do a very good job, but Seattle has no one to blame for the loss but themselves. They kept on dropping passes, missed field goals, and couldn't stop the Steelers when it really mattered. They were also caught off guard on a couple of plays and lost momentum on a bad decision by Hasselback.

Congrats, Steelers!

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I wanted an explosion of offense like in the Panthers/Patriots Super Bowl, oh well.

The refs didn't do that bad a job besides the Jackson interference call. Like Lust said, the Seahawks lost that game by making too many mistakes. Roethlisberger wasn't great but he was good enough, Ward had a good game and so did Randle El, Willie Parker had a good game play. I think the right team won.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • Did anyone even watch the game? The ref's didn't do such a bad job, lol jeez! How can anyone justify the actions of Bill Leavy? It started with that Seahawks touchdown where there was contact yet nothing too bad happened enough to be called an offensive pass interference call, ask Steve Young he said it himself at halftime. What about when Hasselbeck threw the ball to Stevens at Steelers 3-yard line a mysterious holding call happens? There was no holding on the play they showed the reply, not even predictable Madden could see a holding call on the play. Because of that it forced Hasselbeck to throw the ball since it was 3rd and long, causing the interception, so when Hasselbeck tries to tackle the guy for an interception he gets called for a personal foul? Taking out the legs? it's a clean hit!

Seattle outmatched Pittsburgh and the only reason why they did shoot themselves in the foot is obvious, everytime they'd get close to scoring something would be called against them, shifting the momentum. I'm still wondering if I was watching wrestling from it being pre-determined, from the Disney commercial being 99% pro-Steelers to the 90% fan base for Pittsburgh at the Super Bowl itself. And I'm not the only one who thinks like this, there are patitions already out there, last I checked it was at like 2,300 that signed or so... https://new.petitiononline.com/nfl12006/petition.html

You know what makes me laugh while I'm typing all this, I don't even like the Seahawks! Just these ref's are so darn bias, I feel more sorry for this years Seattle Seahawks then I do for my Buffalo Bills former kicker Scott Norwood missing that field goal against the New York Giants that would have won us that Super Bowl, because at least in that Bills/Giants Super Bowl game, it was fair. I guess they really are the Pittsburgh Stealers, lol.

Here's a good read for everyone...
    https://www.patsfans.com/bob/display_story.php?story_id=2933

Last edited:

Croconaw

Herro dere :3 can i help youz?
    Years
  • I watched all of it except the last 45 min. i had to go to bed. The steelers reminded me of the panthers-- My states football team. I was rootin fer the Steelers all the way, and i'm glad the kicked some Seahawk butt!!

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • Keitaro said:
    Did anyone even watch the game? The ref's didn't do such a bad job, lol jeez! How can anyone justify the actions of Bill Leavy? It started with that Seahawks touchdown where there was contact yet nothing too bad happened enough to be called an offensive pass interference call, ask Steve Young he said it himself at halftime. What about when Hasselbeck threw the ball to Stevens at Steelers 3-yard line a mysterious holding call happens? There was no holding on the play they showed the reply, not even predictable Madden could see a holding call on the play. Because of that it forced Hasselbeck to throw the ball since it was 3rd and long, causing the interception, so when Hasselbeck tries to tackle the guy for an interception he gets called for a personal foul? Taking out the legs? it's a clean hit!

Seattle outmatched Pittsburgh and the only reason why they did shoot themselves in the foot is obvious, everytime they'd get close to scoring something would be called against them, shifting the momentum. I'm still wondering if I was watching wrestling from it being pre-determined, from the Disney commercial being 99% pro-Steelers to the 90% fan base for Pittsburgh at the Super Bowl itself. And I'm not the only one who thinks like this, there are patitions already out there, last I checked it was at like 2,300 that signed or so... https://new.petitiononline.com/nfl12006/petition.html

You know what makes me laugh while I'm typing all this, I don't even like the Seahawks! Just these ref's are so darn bias, I feel more sorry for this years Seattle Seahawks then I do for my Buffalo Bills former kicker Scott Norwood missing that field goal against the New York Giants that would have won us that Super Bowl, because at least in that Bills/Giants Super Bowl game, it was fair. I guess they really are the Pittsburgh Stealers, lol.

Here's a good read for everyone...
    https://www.patsfans.com/bob/display_story.php?story_id=2933

Why does eveyone forget the Colts game? They had as many bad calls then as they did in the SB. The Steelers almost lost because of the Refs. What comes around goes around. Anyway about the calls, I agree that the pass interference one was crap. That would have gave them 7 instead of 3. Also the Hasselbeck tackle should've been called. But they still wouldn't have won. They gave up a 75 yard run. They didn't even try to stop Parker. They missed two field goals (I think it was two). The dropped a lot of passes. The score should have been Steelers 21, Seahawks 14.

Jaguarsfan2004

Jacksonville Jaguars fan
    Years
  • Steelers Win the Super Bowl

i enjoy the game it too it the bus last game and it the last game on ABC way to go all steelers fan

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yay, Steelers won, 21 to 10, I think. I agree, the refs made some bad calls, but most of it is Seattle's fault. They were dropping passes and missing field goals. The Steelers are just a better team, IMO.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • Johto Boy said:
    Why does eveyone forget the Colts game? They had as many bad calls then as they did in the SB. The Steelers almost lost because of the Refs. What comes around goes around. Anyway about the calls, I agree that the pass interference one was crap. That would have gave them 7 instead of 3. Also the Hasselbeck tackle should've been called. But they still wouldn't have won. They gave up a 75 yard run. They didn't even try to stop Parker. They missed two field goals (I think it was two). The dropped a lot of passes. The score should have been Steelers 21, Seahawks 14.
    I didn't forget about the Steelers/Colts game because I didn't watch it. And the only reason why I pointed out the ref's mistakes is because I did watch the Super Bowl and for some reason people think the ref's weren't all that bad when they were atrocious in the biggest game of the year.

Perhaps even without the ref's calls the Steelers might've won anyway, that's fine I'm not being bias like the ref's were I think equally of the two teams since I am not a pro-Steelers fan or a pro-Seahawks fan, I was looking forward to a good game since it was their night, they worked their butts to get there. It's just I think the Steelers could've won the game without the ref's help because there is always a chance but no one can deny that the Seahawks played a good solid game and they deserve that title just as much as the Steelers do since they earned their top spot during regular games in the season.

As fan of football I wouldn't want this type of thing happening to my team or to teams I don't like or to any teams period, because it's not the way to build the so called story book endings they want in their Disney commercials. And I was never one to believe that Bill Cowher could never win a Super Bowl back when they took on the Cowboys, I was rooting for the Steelers then in that Super Bowl. Just this victory is going to make those fans who thought Bill Cowher couldn?t win a Super Bowl are going to think well he can?t win won without the ref?s help. And to me that?s just not a way to win any football game. I feel sorry for the Seahawks because this was a potential stolen game by the ref?s and I feel sorry for the Steelers because this will forever leave an imprint as a questionable victory and pro-Steelers fans might not believe it but it?s a fact.

I can?t wait until next season though. :D

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • I agree. Their are a LOT of other football fans saying, "Congratulations to the Steelers and Refs." Some of them say, "Refs should have been MVP." No one is really giving the Steelers a win. But yeah, next season should be good. The Seahawks could get to the Super Bowl fairly easy again, since they are in one of the weakest divisions. I would watch out for the Eagles, with McNabb and other key players coming back from injuries I expect them to be a tough team again. I'm don't think the Colts will be as good, they are losing Edgerrin James and Mike Vanderjagt. I'm not sure how the Patroits will do next year, hopefully not very good. I think the Steelers can go 13-3 next year. Something that scares me is the Bengals, and their fans. The Bengals are now bitter rivials with the Steelers...

Lust

Ubersexual
    Years
  • Random Plushie said:
    The Seahawks need a new kicker. o.o
    Acutally he missed from 47 and 50 yards so they weren't chip-shots.

Even with all of the bad calls the Seahawks should've still won. They moved the ball pretty well, but couldn't capitalize and score TDs.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • Johto Boy said:
    I agree. Their are a LOT of other football fans saying, "Congratulations to the Steelers and Refs." Some of them say, "Refs should have been MVP." No one is really giving the Steelers a win. But yeah, next season should be good. The Seahawks could get to the Super Bowl fairly easy again, since they are in one of the weakest divisions. I would watch out for the Eagles, with McNabb and other key players coming back from injuries I expect them to be a tough team again. I'm don't think the Colts will be as good, they are losing Edgerrin James and Mike Vanderjagt. I'm not sure how the Patroits will do next year, hopefully not very good. I think the Steelers can go 13-3 next year. Something that scares me is the Bengals, and their fans. The Bengals are now bitter rivials with the Steelers...
    They've always been bitter rivalries. The Bengals have just been struggling for years and years but once upon a time they did have a great team that took them to the Super Bowl, I know this because before my Buffalo Bills made 4 straight Super Bowls, the Bills lost to the Bengals in the AFC championship game in 1988. I don?t know much about there rivalry since I?ve always been more focused on the Dolphins/Bills rivalry obviously because I stick with my team but I?ve always known that the Bungles and the Stealers hated each other when they faced off.

As for the Eagles, they might be in luck because we might not re-sign our pro bowl wide receiver Eric Moulds back next season from Salary Cap issues left by Tom Donahoe our former GM, as much as Moulds does want to stay in Buffalo he might not have a choice in the matter and I bet Philadelphia would probably be the #1 team to try and snatch him since they need someone to re-place the gap left by Owens.

But I got to disagree with your predictions to win the 2006 Super Bowl since I don't know how anyone can predict who will make it to the Super Bowl next year since this is the NFL with a strict Salary Cap causing players to have to leave the team because they are too much money and then there is your free agent?s list https://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=302&p=9&c=12&nid=83&lnid=83&yr=2006 full of star players that might be going to different teams like Shawn Alexander or Drew Brees. Then you have the upcoming NFL Draft https://www.nfldraftblitz.com/ where teams who didn?t do so well get a chance to fix there mistakes with top prospects like Reggie Bush or trade their draft picks off for current players in areas that will benefit there team for what ever game plan they expect to come out of this season. Don?t forget about normal trades that could happen. And of course veteran players retiring like Jerome Bettis can sometimes take their toll and has been proven in the past like Dan Marino leaving the Dolphins. And then the injuries like Takeo Spikes will be making their return, and some new injuries always seem to happen during training camp or the season itself, like if Payton Manning or Tom Brady got hurt, how would their team be? The Jets had to use their third string quarterback Brooks Bollinger last season because Chad Pennington and his back up Jay Fiedler were injured.

The point I?m trying to make is every team in the NFL has a potential shot at winning the Super Bowl, but it depends on the moves they make in the off season and how things happen during the season such as injuries that can determine the fate of the Super Bowl, just take a look at the Baltimore Ravens, 1999 they didn?t make the playoffs the very next year they win the Super Bowl. Predictions are meaningless but if you?re going to make them it?s best to save them for opening day kickoff. It's fun to guess who will make the Super Bowl though.

Oh and I forgot one other detail, the Madden cover curse, lol.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • I don't know a lot about NFL history, I'm only 14 (Almost 15) years old. (Well, I'm actually older than most here) I do know the Bengals have been struggling for the past 15 years. Now they have a great young QB, Carson Palmer. That's another thing that makes them rivials, both have great young QBs. As for the Steelers they have some fairly important players that could be free agent's. The most important is Randle El, great at trick plays and punt returns, an average receiver. I don't want him to go. Another player I don't want to go is Ike Taylor, our best Corner. The Steelers also have a Running Back problem, Bettis is retiring, Haynes could leave, and their not sure what to do with Staley. The only one they are sure about is Parker.

Last edited:

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • I'm not saying the Seahawks should have won by any means; but it would have been more possible if the referees would have paid more attention. At the least, the game would have been closer. For example:

-Seahawks were flagged during what should have been their first touchdown, as the Seattle player was supposed to have pushed the Steelers player. Upon observation of the replay, he was nudging the Steeler away because he had attempted to grab him - exactly was Seattle was penalized with later in the game.

-Roethlisberger's touchdown could have not been more... well... NOT a touchdown! From two angles, it can clearly be seen that upon impact with the ground, he did not have the ball over the white line UNTIL he moved afterward.

Steelers Win the Super Bowl

As you can see, his fingers are between the ball and the line, thus it cannot be a touchdown.

You might wonder why I'm so adamant about this if I don't care; well, for one thing, I have had to hear about it all day from the people around me, and two... a lot of people take their sports very seriously, and thus, an injustice such as this is insane.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • Yea, I don't think I commented on that play since I figured I'd let the article speak for me about it, but yea I agree it shouldn't have been a touchdown. I'm just curious to hear what NFL officials director Mike Pereira thinks about it, since he's been doing his segments on the NFL Network all year long.

Here are two more articles I found earlier.
    https://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2320683
    https://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060205

Back