• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stepmania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arctus Tibal

Beyond - Freedom
Years
  • Hey there :D

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone else out there played stepmania and knew any good sites to download sims etc from?

Thanks
    Innocence

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • If you like playing anime openings, a great place is Otaku's Dream. It's where I got most of the songs I play. Besides that, there's nothing else I know about that's really worth while unless you want to visit a random uploads page.

Which can be found easily on Google :]

Years
  • One good place is the Stepmania site itself. The StepMix songs are usually good (some suck, though). There are also many song packs (or mixes that people make), of many different styles, that people post on the forums.

Xero-chan

Raver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2012
    WHY DOES THIS THREAD HAVE TWO POSTS?

*blows up*

Stepmania is far above development than those crappy 3.95 links you'll find. This is bump worthy.

I'm Xero-chan, formerly ddrXero64. I used to run Stepmania Online, a server that makes it easily possible to play Stepmania with others. Stepmania is much more than just a DDR emulator that you can play DDR songs on. It can play PIU, IIDX, and pretty much anything if you create it.

Stepmania 5 Alpha 1 was released recently, and at this stage it's pretty much an inch away from a full release. It's amazingly more emphasized on visual. Think of it being Windows 7, while Stepmania 3.9+ (which I'm sure most have) is Windows XP. Even then Stepmania 3.95 is the client you should have, it being strapped with online capabilities. Download Stepmania 5 here:

http://code.google.com/p/sm-ssc/

If you'd like a highly detailed guide on downloading it, how to decide and where to get songpacks, and how to get started on online play head on over to the tutorial on Stepmania Online, the Stepmania Ultimate Guide. I wrote 95% of it myself as well (took hours...orz), but if you have any questions I'll be free to help.

http://stepmaniaonline.eu/viewforum.php?f=34

This isn't advertisement, it's just a healthy bump. I'm trying to help prevent people from downloading all the old clients, and there isn't enough exposure to the new things Stepmania has put out.

Note: I mean it when I say this is very much a keyboard game as it is a dance game program. There are three basic styles of keyboard play; spread, index, and one handed play are the most common. Files are designed around these styles as well as pad. So if you ever think something is impossible or you feel it's awkwardly made it's probably because it doesn't compliment your style.

Stepmania is not impossible.

And neither is DDR/ITG.

I also make some things for stepmania, you can always swing by my channel. And yes, I know of two pokemon packs. But they aren't that great, and they're not too easy haha (keyboard play).

See ya around! Stepmania Online is non profit, and is not affiliated with Stepmania.com I'm just sharing the rhythm gaming love.

http://www.youtube.com/ddrXero64

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back