• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Steven MEGA-Stone!?

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
didnt steven have something to do with the enigma stone/soul dew/lati@s in HGSS???

maybe steven will have something to do with the lati mega stones??

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Maybe they'll give the Mega Lati@s stones to XY players, but then they'll have to trade the Pokemon or stones over to one version to use them.

They aren't tradeable if held by Pokémon so I'm guessing that they're purely event promotion, although Steven could be 'impressed' by the fact that we beat the league and give us the Lati@site stone based on the buzzed TV colour we chose. It could be a nice thing to happen, but I'll have to agree that Steven should have something to do with mega stones. Perhaps he can be the one to provide us a mega ring, or something.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I actually thought the same thing, Steven and that President from the Devon Corporation should have something to do with this, it would only be a logical explanation :)

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
@abnegation
The only problem with quoting a wiki is that it's up to date from things that have only been released.|

So, when it says "only found in Kalos" it's because when it was typed in it was only found in Kalos.
It's not really a good way to just rule out the possible existance of Megas in Hoenn.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That is an interesting theory actually. However, I have a feeling that Mega Evolutions won't be making an appearance in Hoenn.

I do recall that the Kalos region is the home to Mega Evolutions, and the Mega Ring. I could be wrong, but I think that Kalos is the only region we'll see with Mega Evolutions until generation 7 at least.

Seeing Mega Evolution in Hoenn wouldn't make a lot of sense either. These are remakes of the original games, and given that the discovery of the Mega Stones in Kalos is such a major deal; it would be really odd to see them in Hoenn since there was absolutely no mention of them in R/S/E. The adventures in Hoenn are also supposed to be set around the same time as Red's adventure in Kanto. This would most likely place X&Y and Kalos further into the future. To me, the remakes will probably be based a few years before Mega Evolution was publicised, and thus I don't think that there will be much involvement of it in Hoenn.

There's also the fact that there were no other Mega-Evolutions programmed into X&Y's data that we haven't discovered. So I'm going to rule out the possibility of Steven giving you a Mega Stone that can be traded back to X&Y. So I'm deducing that there won't be any more Mega Evolutions this generation given that it would make no sense for any to be in OR&AS, and there aren't any more in X&Y. That said, I believe that Steven would have "heard of" these new Mega Stones, and perhaps he's going to investigate them. I just doubt that there's going to be any new evolutions. New evolutions would also shake up the meta-game once again, and that's something GameFreak and Nintendo do twice a generation. Nor would it be wise to do so.

There is a theory as to why they are Kalos only.

Sycamore explains his theory of how the Mega Stones came to be. During the great war when AZ fired off his doomsday weapon, the resulting energy corrupted the area, such as creating the ainstar sundial. The energy from the sundial was the same as the energy emitted by the Mega Stones, so he believes that they were created the same manner.

So the mega stones were created by the energy of the weapon and since the weapon was only fired in Kalos, they'd be around Kalos.

So while the Mega stones are native to Kalos, they can be given out in other regions. Like with HG/SS however where the Evolutionary items that weren't originally native to Johto despite there being many pokemon that could evolve with them in the Johto Pokedex, I agree that mega Stones will not play a major role in the ORAS story. They most likely will not be available until Post game to which we'll be given them or probably can buy them.

Well, actually, didn't Red obtain a Charizardite X in Lavender Town? If they could retcon Kanto to have mega evolutions in Origins, I'm sure they could happen in Hoenn as well. Masuda also said in an interview that Gamefreak will be monitoring VGC competitions to get ideas for the future of megas.

Red received the Charizardite X from Mr. Fuji who was given it while he was traveling in his younger days. Mr. Fuji didn't get it in Kanto so even though Red got it in Lavender Town, the Mega stone wasn't from Kanto.

If they were to do something similar in ORAS, there's a high chance that this won't be until Post game since the Mega Stones weren't in the original games and remakes stay parallel to the original games. Even HG/SS only included the evolutions that weren't optional. Only new Pokemon that were added to the HG/SS Pokedex were the ones that evolved after learning a specific move that was natural to those Pokemon.

For Pokemon that were location based, you had to trade those away to a game with those locations, which would again pass on into these remakes so even though Nospass is native to Hoenn, he can't evolve unless we trade him to XY and evolve him there and send him back.

Mega Stones are part of the main series, like with evolutions, they'll reappear but it doesn't have to be during the main story. There is a good chance that they won't appear at all during the main story and only appear as something to collect Post game.

Years
There are obviously lots of pieces of information tying mega evolutions to Kalos as a region-exclusive feature, but Nintendo does have the ultimate power over decisions, and it's completely plausible that they come up with a story that explains how mega evolutions transfer over to Hoenn. It may or may not happen, but it was such an eye-opening part of the gen VI games that it would make too much sense to refrain from including it in the next expansion of the Pokemon franchise.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Mega evolutions will be in Hoenn and my reasoning is because of online battles. Players that only have access to ORAS won't have any access to megas, which isn't fair to them. They should be able to play with or without them by choice not command.

I think we will have some half-baked reason for them being discovered in Hoenn. They will certainly be in it though.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
Mega evolutions will be in the game, and Steven will be the first(known) human to Mega evolve(mega buff, mega handsome, the (mega) list goes on). Something something something to do with the legendaries and controlling them.

Or something else, who even knowns with gamefreak any more :V

Back