• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stop getting Metapod wrong

Years
    I think I've always seen it the right way, bit I never thought it look sad or anything, I don't think I really thought much about it at all..

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I always knew his front was his front...you'd have to be stupid not to see it...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I only ever remember seeing it much from is real front... but either way never really payed it much mind... just a cocoon.

DaiLinn

Furry for Lucario
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    I was unaware that anyone mistook the back for the front. I guess I can see why, but I never would have thought of it.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    METAPOD IS NOT USELESS!!! Its evolves into butterfry right? Loads of peoplke have it on their team! But maybe its just i have a thing for useless pokemon (MAGIKARP FTW!!!)

Hey Mew~ I'm pretty sure the name is Butterfree for future reference. Sorry, but I'm a grammar snob.

Anyways, I've never thought Metapod looked like that in the first place. I always thought he looked moreso tired. Like he's sick of training as a Caterpie for hours on end, now he just wants to nap and harden. Anyways, this is an interesting point you've brought up. I've never been for or against Metapod. In fact, I used to think of them as Exp. gold mines. You do practically no work, and you get a big slice of Experience points. Of course that's only in the beginning of the game.

akamichi

Back......For Now [Active]
    Years
    mmmm metapod is ok but its useless it only knows harden it strengthenes its defences each time and if your lv.45 with it then xd.

Doodle~Pichu

The Unusual Person
    Years
    I always thought metapod was sad, bored or just sleepy... Kakuna was the one that I thought was ticked off at every little thing.

Vagabond

The Greatest Journey...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    How could Metapod be angry?
    I don't even think it can be angry...
    I don't think it can do much, to be honest :S
    But it can be sad. Or look sad.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    It's definitely sad.
    It sees the Butterfree and it wants to be free like them.
    It's just waiting for evolution.

...oh god, I'm getting all teary about Metapod now.
    ;___;

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    I saw the anime before I ever played the game, so I've always known it had a sad face, but I can't help but view it as angry. Something deep in my brain just wants to recognize that spike thing on its back as a nose.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I saw both sides of Metapod, but at first, I thought he was the "angry" one because the sprite's angle made it seem more appropriate and logical.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    To me, Metapod looked like it was half-dead

Back