• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stores with bad Customer Service

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I went into a Sprint store and an employee was very rude to me. Very rude indeed! I won't be going in there again.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • No, but I have had some bad customers. -_-
    This one lady came to my register and said "Is your popcorn made with canola oil, or vegetable oil. I was like, how would I know? She got mad, and said look at the bag. I looked at it, and I said there wasn't any ingredients; I guess it's vegetable oil, because that's what most places use. She got mad and said you guess! you guess! my kids have an allergy to canola oil, and you guess!. It isn't funny they can get seriously sick. I told her to go to a manger(I didn't want to deal with her crap, anymore) She came back, and said for your information it is made with vegetable oil, I am sure someone else will ask you in the future. I said NO! I have been working here for 3 months and your the only loon who asked me that question. She started yelling some more, so I walked away and started making hot dogs. =D

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I haven't really experienced bad customer service unlike other members of my family :/.

I know when me and my mom were in Walmart,some lady at the customer service section was being rude and cursing her out because my mom wanted to exchange two toys. The lady at the desk was acting all snoody and stuckup like and she went so far as to say "-smacks lips- You should have purchased the right one in the first place." We spoke with the manager about her and apparently she was new and other customers had complained about her as well. I don't see why she was still working there if that was the case, but she did get fired that day C:.

I wouldn't have wanted her to get fired if she just at least said she didn't know how to do a refund and exchange because she obviously didn't but no she wanted to catch an attitude so she got what she deserved.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I haven't really had any bad experiences, but my friend told me a funny story about where he and his dad had (inadvertently) been bad customers.
    They'd seen an advert on tv for comet, saying that if you buy an ipod from them you get a free speaker for it. They went down to the retail park and without noticing went into curries which was next door. His dad got quite angry when they didn't give him the deal he thought he should get and so complained to the manager. They eventually walked out with the ipod and speaker only to realise the mistake when they got outside.

I've only really had one case where I actually needed to return anything and that was to Argos who were very nice about the whole thing and gave me a replacement.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • ive had some terrible service at walmart. with some of the employees being extreamly rude and unhelpful. pretty much every time i went there. so i stopped going.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
  • It's really sad when people complain about 'bad' customer service. Like nobody cares to understand that these people who work at these places AREN'T FREAKING ROBOTS. They're people like you, and they're just doing their job, and having some stupid customers yell at them for something they have no control over.
    And then they get complained about being rude to the customer. Well grow some balls you customers. LOL, working all day at a freaking retail job isn't as easy as it sounds. I mean, it's not hard, it's just aggravating. Stupid, rude customers.

>>; It's like people expect these people who work at these stores to automatically be able to fulfill any wish that the customer wants. And if they don't, then OMG YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR JOB YOU *******. I don't know, it just ticks me off. I've been working at my retail job for like 3 years now ..and you wouldn't understand if you've never worked retail, how annoying people can be. But it is hell. ):

Years
  • Let me tell you a story about a kid who was trying to simply get a laptop.

One day, I decided, since I had finally made $1,000, that I was going to buy a computer. I went into the HP website, did my research of course(Quad-Processor), and so I was about to buy it, but then my brain told me to see what their customer service was like, in case the computer broke down or whatnot.

And so I did.

And a woman picked up the phone. I asked her about a specific computer, and she told me "How am I supposed to know about that?"

Three things went at my mind at once. #1, Well, I don't know, SINCE YOU WORK HERE SHOULDN'T YOU KNOW?!?!

#2, Okay, maybe you don't know them all like the back of your hand, but don't you have a computer or something like that to look it up?

#3, Screw you, *****.

I chose #2. The response was: "Why can't you do that?"

Now I admit I was mad at the last statement, but let it off, thinking she had a hard day(still doesn't excuse her actions, but whatever)or something, but this time you could hear she was being rude and nasty.

So I said no, and what is your name again.

Response: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

I ended getting the computer anyway, thanks to a much kinder man, but I'm still a bit pissed about that woman. I complained, and they said they know who called, and give her a "talk". Don't really believe them, but whatever. Hope Hewlett Packard enjoyed my $1,000, cause that's all their ever getting.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Actually that man at the Sprint store's behavior was really uncalled for but I won't get into that. I know some people are rude to employees but employees aren't saints either. Like them, customers are also human. They have jobs and lives to worry about as well and is it asking for much to be treated with respect by people you spend your money on?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • It's really sad when people complain about 'bad' customer service. Like nobody cares to understand that these people who work at these places AREN'T FREAKING ROBOTS. They're people like you, and they're just doing their job, and having some stupid customers yell at them for something they have no control over.
    And then they get complained about being rude to the customer. Well grow some balls you customers. LOL, working all day at a freaking retail job isn't as easy as it sounds. I mean, it's not hard, it's just aggravating. Stupid, rude customers.

>>; It's like people expect these people who work at these stores to automatically be able to fulfill any wish that the customer wants. And if they don't, then OMG YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR JOB YOU *******. I don't know, it just ticks me off. I've been working at my retail job for like 3 years now ..and you wouldn't understand if you've never worked retail, how annoying people can be. But it is hell. ):

i know exactly how annoying and rude customers can be, i have worked in fast food and in retail stores since i started working. what most people are talking about are the people who are rude. you know unfriendly and everything you are not supposed to be when working with the public. customer service is what keeps a place running, and ya lots of places have good customer service and others have very unhelpful and rude employees. this thread isnt saying that everyone has to be a robot, just do what is in your job title.

Ven

Tyrian
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2011
    IHOP decided to throw my entire family out because my 1 year old baby sister was crying.

1 Randall

Grandmaster Trainer
    Years
  • Haha, that line doesn't even make sense.

I haven't have any terrible experiences as a cashier but I've had a lot of pretty bad ones. One that's fresh in my memory is an overweight woman handed me moist cash that she pulled out of her bra. Eewewwhgsdjiko

Worst customer service: Best Buy with its Geek Squad.

I wish I could get paid $100 to burn a DVD.
    About the: OVERWEIGHT WOMAN!, If I'm not correct I remember reading that on my FML App on my iPhone. Quite interesting but (not trying to start a fight or conflict but,) It's kind of a cheap shot to throw out there what has already been said and Copyright Protected. But either one that melted a pic in my head. FML = **** My Life.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I once went to Best Buy (In Florida while I was on vacation) and I was looking around and saw something I liked, but it turned out to be a little to expensive so I just walked away, then an employee asked if I was going to buy it and I said no, and he said "Then get out of the store you damn teenager". I didn't say anything back or really do anything though :/

Last edited:

1 Randall

Grandmaster Trainer
    Years
  • I once went to Best Buy (In Florida while I was on vacation) and I was looking around and saw something I liked, but it turned out to be a little to expensive so I just walked away, then an employee asked if I was going to buy it and I said no, and he said "Then get out of the store you damn teenage". I didn't say anything back or really do anything though :/
    What a bunch of Critics. Call up they're store and say that was NOT AND I MEAN NOT your ''Best Buy'' Ever nor you bought anything. And that wasnt ''Best Buy Friendly'' or however stated in thine Company Handbook. :) Good day!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I once went to Best Buy (In Florida while I was on vacation) and I was looking around and saw something I liked, but it turned out to be a little to expensive so I just walked away, then an employee asked if I was going to buy it and I said no, and he said "Then get out of the store you damn teenager". I didn't say anything back or really do anything though :/

Bad idea. They never know if you might buy something else, come back later when you have more money, get your parents to buy it for you, etc. They lose business by treated people that way. I woudln't want to give a company my business after being treated like that I don't care how low their prices are.

You don't have to say or do anything back. You can make your statement by not giving them your business and spreading the new of their bad customer service to others.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I got some good service today, in GAME. Walked in and spotted Twilight Princess, preowned, for £10 (about $15). I was kinda surprised that it was so cheap so nabbed it straight off. Then, when I got to the till, it turned out that they'd put the wrong sticker on it, and it was meant to be £19.99, not £9.99. So they said "oh well, have it for a tenner anyway". Considering GAME's less than satisfactory trade-in prices, you don't expect a good deal from them, but there you go.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Here's another Best Buy one, though it's partially my parents fault because they ventured into the complex world of video game accessories without taking me in as backup.

Long story short, the idiot who worked there didn't realize that the DS Phat and DS Lite use a different model AC Adapter/wall outlet charger. My parents were picking up a Phat adapter for my brother and the salesman gave them one for the Lite, which he said was "guaranteed to be compatible with all DS's."

Needless to say, when they got back home and I broke the bad news to them, they were none too happy.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
  • I want to taco cabana for there fajitas with asagio-somthing cheese becuase it looked good on the commercial.

I went in there to order it. the lady behind the register didnt know what i was talking about. so i pointed to the giant picture on the menu feturing it. she still was lost. I said it is the one from the commercial on TV. It turns out she dosent watch TV. Agian i ask for the fajitas and show her the big sign. She says oh okay and types it into her register. "okay you want the chicken fajitas" i said " with the asagia cheese!". "you want chicken fajitas?" I gave in.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I once went to Best Buy (In Florida while I was on vacation) and I was looking around and saw something I liked, but it turned out to be a little to expensive so I just walked away, then an employee asked if I was going to buy it and I said no, and he said "Then get out of the store you damn teenager". I didn't say anything back or really do anything though :/

Dayum. If I pulled that, I would most certainly be punished extremely if not flat out fired for it.

IHOP decided to throw my entire family out because my 1 year old baby sister was crying.

Honestly? I wouldn't blame the staff. There's a good chance your fellow customers asked the staff to do it, that or the restaurant had a policy. Just saying... people hate that with a passion.

i know exactly how annoying and rude customers can be, i have worked in fast food and in retail stores since i started working. what most people are talking about are the people who are rude. you know unfriendly and everything you are not supposed to be when working with the public. customer service is what keeps a place running, and ya lots of places have good customer service and others have very unhelpful and rude employees. this thread isnt saying that everyone has to be a robot, just do what is in your job title.

This is sadly true, though I'd never say it out loud. My main job is cleaning. And yet, I've had several customers get very nasty with me because I do not know where a certain item is located. I'm not stock, and it's a huge store. Sometimes I don't know.

And then there's the people that make bringing in shopping carts an art. People misuse those shopping carts so much and it's actually quite dangerous the things I see them do. They do things like launch the carts into the return slot instead of putting them in securely so they just roll back out due to the store being on a slight hill. They also get way too close to me when I'm trucking lines of carts along.

One cart is not dangerous. Two carts, not so dangerous. By the time you get to three to four, things change. The carts weight adds up fast, and they don't bend up as easily due to being inside each-other. If it runs over a toe? It's going to hurt, a LOT. Furthermore, my arms can catch the third or fourth cart at max. Carts don't have breaks besides my own feet. If I try to stop any faster than just letting them roll to a stop, or hitting something, the 4th or 5th cart and above are just going to keep on going without me. Furthermore, turning is also increasingly difficult with the number of carts, and can also cause the farther out carts to gain momentum and slide off.

If I had a bit of space I could easily catch the runaway carts before they got far. But people are always sliding past me or crossing in front of me. It's very unnerving and frustrating at times.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I had this really crappy waiter in New Orleans at a restaurant called Mandina's. Maybe it was because it was busy that day, but he was awful. My mom had to ask for lemons 5 times, and even when he brought them, there were only two. And he didn't ask me or my mom's friend if we wanted our po-boys dressed ("dressed" meaning it would have lettuce, tomato, and mayo...and who wants that on a French fry po-boy?). So yeah, I've had some crappy service.

Back