• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

stores

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    does anyone know if there is a store that still sells the original booster packs from generation 1?

UberChomp
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2009
    Well, I heavily doubt that, but you can always check online.

Maesic

It almost sounds like music..
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    There's definitely some on ebay, but I don't know if you want to go try that. >_> Not exactly the most trustworthy place, but you never know.
    They're pretty much gone from all the big retailers. It's a shame; I really liked the original cards, too. xD

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Moving this to Pokemon TCG.

Remember, don't discussing selling cards between members on the site. Thank you.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • (y'all are gonna hate me...)

My local Wal Mart actually has this pack of Pokemon cards- it comes with 20 and one of the twenty is always a rare. The cards are all generation one. And, I used to buy them all the time to build my collection. Okay, so it's not the booster packs... but, it's still generation one and still the original Pokemon cards that I remember playing with when I was 10. Right?

Anyway, the booster packs can only be found online, through auctions, at fairs... things like that.

And, the fairgrounds in Raleigh sell them??? I didn't know this... WHY?

Years
  • There this really cool site you can buy them try professor-oak.com it depends on what cards your looking for but i doubt u can get them at a store

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Comic Book stores are actually pretty reliable.. or market stores. eBay is a great option too, so just try those two.

Years
  • The local card shop (Fort St John, BC Canada) has 15+ Base Set packs for sale, going for $6 a piece. I've bought a few so far, not really into them because there not 1st Edition. It doesn't seem like anyone else is buying them either.
    In the first pack I bought, there was a Blastoise. It was a nice surprise.:classic:

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    Well, there is a store near me and they had the Misty Theme Deck, so try little shops that you wouldn't think would have cards.

Back