• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Strange items in X / Y?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
  • Hi guys

I bought an 'Unlocked' copy of Pokemon X from a certain popular auction site recently, as I wanted to play through again without losing my Y save. All seems normal with it, but I have a LOAD of tool items that seem out of place, wonder if they're of any use or just items from previous games that have been coded in:

Odd Keystone: Wasn't this for Spiritomb back in DP?

Red, Blue, Pink, Green, Yellow, Scarves - these raise Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart, Tough respectively - Contest items! Future patch, or spare data?

Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Pink, White, Black Apricorns! Wonder where Kurt's hiding?!

Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, Normal, Fairy Gems - powers up moves of respective type, didn't think these had been available this gen? Fairy must be new this gen too?

X Speed, Dire Hit, Etc. But with numbers indicating increased intensity - i.e. Dire Hit 2, X Attack 3, X Speed 6

'Urge' Items:
    Ability Urge - activates the ability of an Ally Pokemon
    Item Drop - Allied pokemon drops held item
    Item Urge - Allied pokemon Uses held item
    Reset Urge - restores any stat changes of an allied pokemon

Relic items - Relic Copper, Relic Silver, Relic Gold, Relic Vase, Relic Band, Relic Statue, Relic Crown

What do they do?

Dream Ball - seems to be usable anywhere?!?

Park Ball / Sport Ball - usually contest only but I have a bag full!

Fast / Level / Lure / Heavy / Love / Friend / Moon Ball - are these usually available?

Soul Dew - the Lati's power item! Some said it wouldn't exist due to Mega's but I can confirm it IS here in my bag!

Various 'Mails' - are these usually included? Could send funny messages by Wonder Trade! :P

Shoal Shell, Shoal Salt, Red Shard, Blue Shard, Yellow Shard, Green Shard, Blue Flute, Yellow Flute, Red Flute, Black Flute, White Flute - Aren't these all Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald items?

That's al I've found not normally known / available. I do have some stuff that isn't normally there but already known about, i.e. Lati Stones and Diancie

anyone care to comment / speculate?

Cheers,
    Steve

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hi guys

I bought an 'Unlocked' copy of Pokemon X from a certain popular auction site recently, as I wanted to play through again without losing my Y save. All seems normal with it, but I have a LOAD of tool items that seem out of place, wonder if they're of any use or just items from previous games that have been coded in:

Red, Blue, Pink, Green, Yellow, Scarves - these raise Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart, Tough respectively - Contest items! Future patch, or spare data?

Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Pink, White, Black Apricorns! Wonder where Kurt's hiding?!

Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, Normal, Fairy Gems - powers up moves of respective type, didn't think these had been available this gen? Fairy must be new this gen too?

X Speed, Dire Hit, Etc. But with numbers indicating increased intensity - i.e. Dire Hit 2, X Attack 3, X Speed 6

'Urge' Items:

Relic items - Relic Copper, Relic Silver, Relic Gold, Relic Vase, Relic Band, Relic Statue, Relic Crown

What do they do?

Fast / Level / Lure / Heavy / Love / Friend / Moon Ball - are these usually available?

Soul Dew - the Lati's power item! Some said it wouldn't exist due to Mega's but I can confirm it IS here in my bag!

Various 'Mails' - are these usually included? Could send funny messages by Wonder Trade! :P

Shoal Shell, Shoal Salt, Red Shard, Blue Shard, Yellow Shard, Green Shard, Blue Flute, Yellow Flute, Red Flute, Black Flute, White Flute - Aren't these all Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald items?

That's al I've found not normally known / available. I do have some stuff that isn't normally there but already known about, i.e. Lati Stones and Diancie

Cheers,
    Steve

OMFG!! What can I possibly trade you for the Soul Dew? (Do you only have one?) I will gladly offer my Pinsirite or Manectite for one! (Both if you have two!) and I have a huge variety of pokemon (including all pokebank exclusives with their hidden abilities if applicable) that I can breed you a 5IV version of if you would be willing to trade me Soul Dew!

And as for speculation, well all the items that are from Ruby/Saphire/Emerald are obviously going to be reused in the remakes and knowing what games were going to be remade when they made X and Y they coded everything into X and Y so that the games would all be compatible and can trade back and forth without any problem

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    OMFG!! What can I possibly trade you for the Soul Dew? (Do you only have one?) I will gladly offer my Pinsirite or Manectite for one! (Both if you have two!) and I have a huge variety of pokemon (including all pokebank exclusives with their hidden abilities if applicable) that I can breed you a 5IV version of if you would be willing to trade me Soul Dew!

And as for speculation, well all the items that are from Ruby/Saphire/Emerald are obviously going to be reused in the remakes and knowing what games were going to be remade when they made X and Y they coded everything into X and Y so that the games would all be compatible and can trade back and forth without any problem

What does soul dew do I've never heard of it before?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The Soul Dew is not available in this gen. In fact, pretty much everything listed is not available in this gen. Gems - I think I have seen a Normal Gem, but the fact that all of them are there tells me every one is hacked.

Everything there is a hacked item, and that's a heavily hacked game. It's not "unlocked" at all; it's hacked to have things you can't obtain and, in some cases, even use. I'd warrant all of the Balls are unusable; even if they are useable, the very act of catching a Pokémon and trading it is itself a hack as a legitimate "Love Ball" Pokémon, for instance, cannot be caught in the wild in Kalos. The Soul Dew likely works, as it will be available in OR/AS since Latios and Latias are third gen. Relic items are found here but nowhere else, definitely not in Kalos.

So yes, all of that is garbage. Get rid of all of the hacked items or, if you want my advice, restart the save. The only one possibly worth keeping is the Soul Dew, but at this time it cannot be legitimately used anywhere because it won't be available until November 21 or unless it appears in an event, and I think for that reason it likely cannot be traded yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The Soul Dew is not available in this gen. In fact, pretty much everything listed is not available in this gen. Gems - I think I have seen a Normal Gem, but the fact that all of them are there tells me every one is hacked.

Everything there is a hacked item, and that's a heavily hacked game. It's not "unlocked" at all; it's hacked to have things you can't obtain and, in some cases, even use. I'd warrant all of the Balls are unusable; even if they are useable, the very act of catching a Pokémon and trading it is itself a hack as a legitimate "Love Ball" Pokémon, for instance, cannot be caught in the wild in Kalos. The Soul Dew likely works, as it will be available in OR/AS since Latios and Latias are third gen. Relic items are found here but nowhere else, definitely not in Kalos.

So yes, all of that is garbage. Get rid of all of the hacked items or, if you want my advice, restart the save. The only one possibly worth keeping is the Soul Dew, but at this time it cannot be legitimately used anywhere because it won't be available until November 21 or unless it appears in an event, and I think for that reason it likely cannot be traded yet.

Except that you're ignoring the undisputed fact that the Hoenn remakes are coming out in 3 months, and ALL of those items were in the original hoenn games, so obviously, unless there's no connectivity between the remakes and X and Y, they technically ARE unlocked items because they're coded into the game so they obviously exist, so all the original poster needs to do is wait until November and then they can use all the items all they want because, again, unless there's no connetivity between the remakes and X and Y, all of those items will be tradeable between the new games and current games.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Except that you're ignoring the undisputed fact that the Hoenn remakes are coming out in 3 months, and ALL of those items were in the original hoenn games, so obviously, unless there's no connectivity between the remakes and X and Y, they technically ARE unlocked items because they're coded into the game so they obviously exist, so all the original poster needs to do is wait until November and then they can use all the items all they want because, again, unless there's no connetivity between the remakes and X and Y, all of those items will be tradeable between the new games and current games.
    You missed a comment on the Balls. Any Pokémon caught with an Apricorn Ball in Kalos is illegal. Apricorn Balls were not around in Generation III; Kurt and the Apricorns only existed in Generations II and IV. Balls carried forward from IV, but I don't think - as an example - Love Ball Sneasel was possible at all in Generation III without hacking. Unless Kurt moves to Hoenn and Apricorns suddenly appear in places, bank on them not being items in Hoenn, only Ball types that can be brought in from the past.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Whenever they work on new games, I suppose they don't always do it from ground-up, and those data are probably just leftovers, as other had stated. As for Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, they might have intentionally put them there, so that they wouldn't have to worry about such things when developing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Whenever they work on new games, I suppose they don't always do it from ground-up, and those data are probably just leftovers, as other had stated. As for Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, they might have intentionally put them there, so that they wouldn't have to worry about such things when developing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

I heard there making a Emerald remake on IGN its called Delta Emerald!
    But its supposed to come out in Japan first so it'll be a while before the English version of the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I heard there making a Emerald remake on IGN its called Delta Emerald!
    But its supposed to come out in Japan first so it'll be a while before the English version of the game.

Yeah, this gen the games all come out worldwide on the same day, (x and Y had a worldwide release, ruby and Saphire will have a worldwide release) so any game that claims to be "coming out in Japan first" is likely a fake rumour

EDIT: I just checked IGN, all they said was that the name was trademarked, which doesn't necessarily mean a game is being made, they just want to prevent the name from being used. It's certainly not impossible, but very doubtful. If a rumoru starts surfacing of a worldwide release, then that might be something to look at.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Unfortunately, they had the name trademarked so that others won't be able to snatch up on it for their own gain and whatnot. Though, if they were to make an actual Emerald remake, I wouldn't imagine there to be much interest (as Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be offering pretty much everything), unless they do something major here, such as allowing us to travel into Kalos, or something along the lines.

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    Hi guys

'Urge' Items:

What do they do?

Cheers,
    Steve
    Cool items! Though most will be unusable. I saw in Gen 5 that the Flutes were demoted (if you want to call it that) to "money items", meaning they have a high sell value, but you can't use them in any other way than to sell them. Though those Flutes MAY be useful once ORAS comes around, though you may need to transfer them to that game, if you can that is. One of the things Ruby and Sapphire had, was the thing that you could use to collect soot to have a man make items for you, most useful being the glass flutes you may or may not have. I imagine that once ORAS gets released, not too long later GameFREAK & Nintendo will release a patch for X&Y for connectivity with ORAS, maybe an update to Pokebank even! To store Pokemon from X&Y AND Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire! Who knows?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Cool items! Though most will be unusable. I saw in Gen 5 that the Flutes were demoted (if you want to call it that) to "money items", meaning they have a high sell value, but you can't use them in any other way than to sell them. Though those Flutes MAY be useful once ORAS comes around, though you may need to transfer them to that game, if you can that is. One of the things Ruby and Sapphire had, was the thing that you could use to collect soot to have a man make items for you, most useful being the glass flutes you may or may not have. I imagine that once ORAS gets released, not too long later GameFREAK & Nintendo will release a patch for X&Y for connectivity with ORAS, maybe an update to Pokebank even! To store Pokemon from X&Y AND Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire! Who knows?

Okay, there won't be a patch, Gamefreak already knew what games they were making long before X and Y ever came out, they're already totally interconnectable between each other. When Fire Red and LEaf green came out there was no patch to make them interconnect with each other, they were already fully compatible. Teh hacker finding mega Latios and Latias in the game data of X and Y already shows that all teh coding is already in the game, that's why these items are in teh coding for X and Y because they will be items in Ruby and Saphire remakes

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    See Hoenn Route 113.

Yellow, Red, Blue, Black, and White flutes were available. They all did various things. And those indeed are items found by a treasure hunter in Unova Route 13. Interestingly, in B2/W2, that is an Ace Trainer and he only hands out Flutes as he "doesn't find as much as he used to".

Since the Flutes came in Hoenn, I have every reason to believe these are normal items. The question is will they do anything in X/Y? Is there any information on the text associated with them? Can a Pokémon hold it? You likely can't trade that Pokémon holding it, either (that would be unlocked November 21, or in North America on the 20th since Japan midnight is 11 AM the previous day in EST, 8 AM PST). If it can't be held, then whether it can even be traded is irrelevant.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    See Hoenn Route 113.

Yellow, Red, Blue, Black, and White flutes were available. They all did various things. And those indeed are items found by a treasure hunter in Unova Route 13. Interestingly, in B2/W2, that is an Ace Trainer and he only hands out Flutes as he "doesn't find as much as he used to".

Since the Flutes came in Hoenn, I have every reason to believe these are normal items. The question is will they do anything in X/Y? Is there any information on the text associated with them? Can a Pokémon hold it? You likely can't trade that Pokémon holding it, either (that would be unlocked November 21, or in North America on the 20th since Japan midnight is 11 AM the previous day in EST, 8 AM PST). If it can't be held, then whether it can even be traded is irrelevant.

since they could be held by pokemon in Ruby/Saphire and traded to Fired Red/Leaf Green I don't see why they wouldn't do this again this time around: https://www.serebii.net/red_green/items.shtml

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    See Hoenn Route 113.

Well, only way to find out if it works in X&Y: Get a Pokemon affected by the status ailment one of the flutes can cure, then use the Flute that cures it, though the Original Poster has to do it, as he/she has the hacked copy of the game. (Provided the save hasn't been wiped yet)

Okay, there won't be a patch, Gamefreak already knew what games they were making long before X and Y ever came out, they're already totally interconnectable between each other. When Fire Red and LEaf green came out there was no patch to make them interconnect with each other, they were already fully compatible. Teh hacker finding mega Latios and Latias in the game data of X and Y already shows that all teh coding is already in the game, that's why these items are in teh coding for X and Y because they will be items in Ruby and Saphire remakes
    Uh, first off, FR/LG couldn't be patched, because update patches could not be sent by Wifi, X&Y can. Also, second, we cannot know for sure that GameFREAK knew this long after X&Y's release that they were going to make ORAS, as part of the Kalos map is covered in clouds (Compare Kalos's map with the map of part of OUR world it is based-off of. You'll see Kalos is missing some areas, areas that are hidden.), so they may show us what's under there once a patch may be added to show us what's there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Uh, first off, FR/LG couldn't be patched, because update patches could not be sent by Wifi, X&Y can. Also, second, we cannot know for sure that GameFREAK knew this long after X&Y's release that they were going to make ORAS, as part of the Kalos map is covered in clouds (Compare Kalos's map with the map of part of OUR world it is based-off of. You'll see Kalos is missing some areas, areas that are hidden.), so they may show us what's under there once a patch may be added to show us what's there.
    I subscribe to the theory that we'll find out about them when Zygarde becomes the feature mascot of a third game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

What are you talking about? It was announced in May that the remakes were coming out, that's only 6 months after X and Y came out, and THOSE games were announce a full year before release date so you're seriously telling me they had NO clue whatsoever what game they were making until after X and Y were made, and then they got to the stage they were at in less than 6 months in order to start releasing game footage in May? Not one part of that makes any sense. Second of all, what does everyone think a "Patch" actually is? a "patch" doesn't rewrite entire game data, ESPECIALLY on consumer level video game consoles that aren't built with the capabilities to overwrite game cartridges in teh first place. Patches are minor coding corrections that fix errors. Adding content is called Downloadable content, not patches. And what does clouds covering a map have to do with ORAS in any possible way, or the coding of items in either game? While I don't disagree stuff COULD be unlocked via connection to another game, it's just that: unlocking. Meaning the coding that is going to be in X and Y is already in X and Y. IF you think some magical patch is going to add all this myriad of content I strongly suggest you find out how video game hardware works. It cannot rewrite physical cartridges. They weren't made with that kind of capabilities. And they're not going to give downloadable content to the owners of the digital game (which IS possible by simply overwriting the data on the SD card with a new game) and leave the physical game owners out of it. These aren't little 8 bit flash games that a single programmer can bang out in a week on their computer, these games take a huge amount of time to complete (again, X and Y were announce a full year before release, Super Smash Brothers, same deal) so ofcourse they knew they were making ORAS before X and Y were released. it's naive to think they didn't.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You sure that physical games can't have data added on to them via DLC? I do agree with you that Game Freak knew that they were gonna make ORAS long before X and Y were released, but the thing is, if ALL the data exclusive to ORAS is already on X/Y's coding, why haven't hackers found some of the newly revealed Mega Evolutions like Mega Sableye or Mega Altaria?

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Unfortunately, they had the name trademarked so that others won't be able to snatch up on it for their own gain and whatnot. Though, if they were to make an actual Emerald remake, I wouldn't imagine there to be much interest (as Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be offering pretty much everything), unless they do something major here, such as allowing us to travel into Kalos, or something along the lines.

Well actually X was easy to beat people will want a game that's a challenge Emerald was the hardest Pokemon game made so if this one is made even harder with all the new stuff then it should sell better than Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I will definitely be getting it Emerald was my favorite!

Back