• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange things about "Finding Nemo"

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
    I know that this is a great movie, but there are some strange things in it:

#1: Say this, "NEMO," now say it backwords, "OMEN." I wonder why they put that in the movie, it has a strange significance, like Nemo is the sign of an event or something...

#2: In that school of fish, when they made an impression of an arrow to Sydney, and then made it a flashing arrow, I noticed some of the fish were flashing!

#3: Dory has red eyes! YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

#4: In the beginning, I wonder what happened to Coral and the latter of eggs.

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    I noticed some of those things in the ad on tv. I think they should have changed that blue fish dudes eyes (Dory did you call him?) they just look freaky!!!! And Nemo being omen backwards is also freaky!!!! And with that arrow (I haven't seen the movie) I reckon it was just a movie so the creators just did it for more effect even though it was said that the movie was trying to be more "natural"... as for the last question, I can't answer...
    One good thing about the movie is that I live in the state where the producers based Finding Nemo!!! Queensland!!!!! (that's where the Great Barrier Reef is if no one knows) :D :D :D

Btw can someone tell me if Finding Nemo was No. 1 movie of the year? It was on tv but I just can't belive that it's better then Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King! :( :(

~HORN!

Years
    I love Lord of the Rings.. but I definately say Finding Nemo was awesome. As for why it beat LotRs, is they go by most popular... little kids don't go see LotRs, and not all people are a fan of it. The people who are, are stronger fans, but however, there were less of them.
    Yamichu... lucky you, i wanna move there :D In fact probably to that exact city. My cousin wants to be a Marine Biologist and I wanna move there too :)

As for all of Marlin's other babies and Coral.. they got eaten by the shark... that's why Marlin is so scared of them. Nemo was lucky to be the only one left.
    Dory's Eyes are red to contrast with the blue... can't be blue b/c it would be too much blue for the fish, green blends too much, and brown makes the fish look too dark.

No... I know nothing about the movie ^^;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    I saw this movie on a flight to florida ^_^
    It was pretty good i guess, and as for me i didnt find anything unusual about it.
    oh, but by the way, i dont know whever this is true or not but on liquidgeneration it says that finding nemo would have never been made if it werent for a pihranhafish that swallowed the director's child...

Last edited:

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    ChibiChibiPichu said:
    I love Lord of the Rings.. but I definately say Finding Nemo was awesome. As for why it beat LotRs, is they go by most popular... little kids don't go see LotRs, and not all people are a fan of it. The people who are, are stronger fans, but however, there were less of them.
    Yamichu... lucky you, i wanna move there :D In fact probably to that exact city. My cousin wants to be a Marine Biologist and I wanna move there too :)

As for all of Marlin's other babies and Coral.. they got eaten by the shark... that's why Marlin is so scared of them. Nemo was lucky to be the only one left.
    Dory's Eyes are red to contrast with the blue... can't be blue b/c it would be too much blue for the fish, green blends too much, and brown makes the fish look too dark.

You wouldn't wanna live here in summer! On a hot day it can reach 50+ degrese celcius and an average of 40+ and at night it's 30+ which makes it very hard to sleep. I wish I was in America with all of the snow storms (never seen snow). What's the temp now...*looks at thermamater*Ah a nice cool day... 39 DEGREASE!
    Just a bit of advice: NEVER GO TO QUEENSLAND IN SUMMER! Well it's summer here anyway.
    I've never been to the Great Barrier Reef though but I'm going on holiday there at Easter time when it may be about 5 degrease cooler...

I didn't know it went by popularity, for the movie...I thought it was like graphical effects and sound and stuff...if it was for that the LotRs would have owned... :'(

~HORN!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I know the answers... I think! XP

With the school of fish, I'm sure that it was just the scales reflecting light from above.

About Dory's red eyes.. uh. o_o; Beats me.

And I'm sure that was a Baracuda that ate Coral and her eggs. It was just too small to be a shark, and plus I don't think that sharks can swim still like that. (When it was staring down at them) They have to constantly keep swimming because they'll drown in they stop moving. Then again, I've heard of sharks sleeping so I'm not really sure about that. ^_^;

TVR

Ryu Hayabusa
    Years
    yea, either that or some fish are biolumenecent. I doubt that was the case though. And for Jirachi,? #4 , I think Coral and her eggs got eaten by the Baracuda. And yes, it was a Baracuda.

Last edited:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Muffin Man said:
    I saw this movie on a flight to florida ^_^
    It was pretty good i guess, and as for me i didnt find anything unusual about it.
    oh, but by the way, i dont know whever this is true or not but on liquidgeneration it says that finding nemo would have never been made if it werent for a pihranhafish that swallowed the director's child...
    Somehow, that doesn't sound quite right. Piranhas don't "swallow". They bite. And chew. That's why they have really sharp teeth, to bite with.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I've heard several things that they got wrong in Finding Nemo, that just have to do with real life marine animals and the ones on the movie. For instance, when Dory and Marlin were both blown out of the Humpback whale's blowhole. That couldn't have happened in real life, since they were in its stomach. There's some type of scientifical reason why, and I just can't explain it. >_>; I'll have to look up some things about it...

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
    Yeesh, I thought the "nemo being omen backwards" would grab a lot of attention.
    Yeah right, why are Marlin's eyes brown then? Looks a lot like orange to me.
    :P
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! I thought Coral had ran away...:(
    *joins Marlin's unhappiness*

TVR

Ryu Hayabusa
    Years
    Ice demon said:
    the word is Biolumenecents and it is possible that it could be just the sunlight shimmering one their scales.
    It was a baracuda and u are correct Kayleigh sharks will drown if they stop swimming.

Thanks for correcting me Bill Nye. It's biolumenecent. Without the "s". Unless you were trying to say biolumenecence. Also, you left out the word "on". You don't start sentinces without a capital. You is spelled Y O U not just the letter u. The sunlight would shimmer on many of their scales not just one. Da dee da dee da....goes on and on correcting little mistakes in the post even though I know what he means....

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 13, 2004
    ChibiChibiPichu said:

fyi its a barracuda

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    TVR said:
    Thanks for correcting me Bill Nye.It's biolumenecent. Without the "s". Unless you were trying to say biolumenecence. Also, you left out the word "on". You don't start sentinces without a capital. You is spelled Y O U not just the letter u. The sunlight would shimmer on many of their scales not just one. Da dee da dee da....goes on and on correcting little mistakes in the post even though I know what he means....
    Dude, he was just correcting you. He didn't insult you or anything, besides, we need our smart people cus they correct us dumb people =D Besides, don't take it too seriously =P

I don't really give a care about the weird thing ^^ Dory's eyes are red, but they look prettier on her ^^

Hooray for Dory!

*drowns*

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    #1: Say this, "NEMO," now say it backwords, "OMEN." I wonder why they put that in the movie, it has a strange significance, like Nemo is the sign of an event or something...that's prolly his name because of the tall tales about Captain Nemo!

#2: In that school of fish, when they made an impression of an arrow to Sydney, and then made it a flashing arrow, I noticed some of the fish were flashing!I think everyone saw that thurr buddy

#3: Dory has red eyes! YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!Refer to number 2

#4: In the beginning, I wonder what happened to Coral and the latter of eggs.Did you notice the large fish that came and KILLED THEM!!! yeah...thas what happened

shizzah

BOO you hoo momma!

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
    Dakota said:
    #1: Say this, "NEMO," now say it backwords, "OMEN." I wonder why they put that in the movie, it has a strange significance, like Nemo is the sign of an event or something...that's prolly his name because of the tall tales about Captain Nemo!

#2: In that school of fish, when they made an impression of an arrow to Sydney, and then made it a flashing arrow, I noticed some of the fish were flashing!I think everyone saw that thurr buddy

#3: Dory has red eyes! YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!Refer to number 2

#4: In the beginning, I wonder what happened to Coral and the latter of eggs.Did you notice the large fish that came and KILLED THEM!!! yeah...thas what happened

shizzah

BOO you hoo momma!
    Captain Nemo? You mean that stupid nerd from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?
    I hate that movie... And I never saw that baracuda actually kill Coral. Was it in the cutted part? Do you have the special edition DVD? HUH?

Back