• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Strangeness?

Years
    My friend traded me a level 70 Groudon.
    I had only 3 badges at the time but it still obeyed when i tried using fissure and solarbeam. but when i tried the other moves it disobeyed.
    Can anyone explain why please.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    You almost explained it: you only have three badges. That means that your Groudon may or not obey you. It obeyed the first two times, but no more. As simple as that.

Years
    i mean it always obeys when i use fissure and solarbeam but 1 in 4 times when using the other moves. Im sorry i didnt explain it well enough.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
    I've had experiences and other people have told me that Solarbeam always obeys for some reason when it's used with Groudon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    lol well hey! Come time when you're facing a rock/water gym, you an simply own them with Groudon =P

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Solarbeam is obeyed with groudon?
    How strange is that?
    But the main reason is cos you only have 3 badges that means sometimes groudon will obey but sometimes it will disobey

~Celebi

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    When you get a traded pokemon, its always a bit hit and miss whether they will attack or goof off.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2007
    Maybe its like...

Maybe its like Dawn's Buizel in which it only use's attacks that it thinks are good ones?

Back