• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen strangest thing...

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    There are times when pokemon that aren't supposed to be caught in a certian area appear by some random glitch that wasn't ment to be. My friend (no cheating device) caught a Lediba in Gold (or whichever one lediba is unobtainable in; I think he had gold), and I have heard of people seeing a pokemon with a value outside of 386 (shows up as a questionmark-like thing). Like MCD said, manufactured things (or any physical object for that matter) can mess up ever once in a while. I'm certian Nintendo didn't intend this, and, while it is possible a gameshark was used, it is not the only possibility. The one question I have is did the charmander show up in pokedex, or not?

Years
    Nope it did not show up at all and i also saw a pigey a couple days back i didnt catch it thou cause no use having a stupid little pigey but i am quite thankful for my charmander which evolved and is now lv 39 but the thing is it hardly ever listens to my comands which is really annoying.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    sweetie do you have the appropriate badges and it may be that it is a hacked game on a cartridge in pakistan most games are XD

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
    Well I won't say if it was cheat caught or not, BUT I know for a fact that the pokemon I traded over from COLOSSEUM to Ruby/Saphire didn't show up on the pokedex until I linked up with Fire/Leaf and it updated the pokedex to national dex...

So Charmander, even one caught in game, wouldn't show on the dex.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    You definitely need to have the National Dex for Pokemon from other games to show up in the dex. The game will recognise it, but won't produce any info on it until you hae traded with FRLG.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2005
    wow thats relly strang how u found a charmander it probly has ur freand that typed in a cheat

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2005
    pretty kool how charmander appered
    strangest thing...
    strangest thing...

Years
    SKARMONY said:
    Nope it did not show up at all and i also saw a pigey a couple days back i didnt catch it thou cause no use having a stupid little pigey but i am quite thankful for my charmander which evolved and is now lv 39 but the thing is it hardly ever listens to my comands which is really annoying.

that's odd, about it not listening to you... i guess it was just a glitch. maybe the programmers were messing around and put it in, but didn't take it out properly, or left it in as a joke. they did that on spyro the dragon with the squid skateboard! does the charizard have any odd stats? maybe you can charmanders in every game, its just a glitch, but the possibility is like 1000000000000 to 1! you were very lucky!

Back