• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen strangest thing...

Years
  • The strangest thing happened to me today i started a new game im at 2hours so far and i have pokeballs i was searching around in the grass near the start and a charmander appeared is this a glitch or a screwed up ruby version? i mean it it really happened i thought the old pokemon could not appear in ruby...

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • Hmm...that is weird! Must be a glitch, since Charmander isn't in Ruby/Sapphire. Did you catch it? Just wondering ^^.

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    odd....i only thought that was possible on hacks. must be a glitch.
    lol i would have caught it, a charmander (evolve twice) and bingo, makes game easier

PsYchOtiC

uLt1m4t3 n00b
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 8, 2005
    did you catch it?!

where exactly did you find it? (what route)

Years
  • Yeh i caught it it was only lv3though much better then torchic and it was on route 101 its helpful but strange to seeand if you need proof well come to my house lol.

Aaron5367

The Legendary Spriter
    Years
  • Weird...

Yeah that is pretty strange. How old is your game cartrige? That may be the problem because as game cartrages age they get dirty and stuff witch may of been the problem.. And its probly just a one time you lucky person glitch (a.k.a it wont happen agien). Or you may be lyeing... One or the other....

Thanks,
    Aaron

Years
  • I think its around 7months old i did drop it once thou and i let my friend play it when im not around so i have no idea he may have screwed around with it but its 100%true
    i wish it would happen again thou.

Aaron5367

The Legendary Spriter
    Years
  • Well if your friend "played around with it" he may have put in some codes (gameshark,action replay,ect.). and the droping wouldent of done it... everyones droped games before. Ohh well... Just have fun with your charmander....

Thanks,
    Aaron

Aaron5367

The Legendary Spriter
    Years

Some do some dont here are some examples...

-----never turn off-----
    All badges
    all pokemon glitched
    all pokemon able to catch in wild
    (almost everything with all)
    ----mannually turn off----
    always catch (your pokemon here)
    float
    (dont start with all)

Thanks,
    Aaron

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • i reckon your making this up.there is only two ways to get a charmander in sapphire/ruby.unless your friend used some kind of gameshark code.and glitched your game up.

1,use a code.
    2,trade it from leaf green or fire red.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Sometimes something goes wrong in the production process of almost any product. It may seem that the chip in the cartridge released Charmander as an available character, instead of one jsut recognised when traded.

Either that, or you're lying, you used GS/AR, or you traded it from FRLG which also counts as lying :P

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    Cartridges can get messed up and glitch like that, it happend to me on some tomagotchi game once. I turned it on and I had every tomagotchi in my hall of fame once, and the ones that I were raising were all glitchy like missingno. I went back to normal though when I turned it on and off...

Also, I know lots of people who have seen a question mark in a ball appear and when they catch it it was a bad egg:\

Any way, Lucky you! Now you can get a Charizard n_n

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • Your friend (who wasn't around you at the time) must've used some sort of cheating device on it for a Charmander to pop up. That's really the only explination for it, or like Cat Dog said, you may have gotten a very rare Cart. that just had a messed up chip, and auto-glitched. But most likely your friend used a cheating device. How about you ask that friend if he/she did? :P

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • Perhaps it was a glitch, Like Missingno or M is on Red/Blue. Perhaps at first, Nintendo let you catch wild charmander when they first started making it, then took it out. Maybe you the lucky one that it didn't happen to. But, Its just a guess...Nothing wrong with that, though.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • Then again it never happened.

You cannot catch any pokemon in places they aren't meant to be without a gameshark.

Simply because each area in the game where you catch pokemon has pre-defined what pokemon are able to be caught there with a percentage on it.

You did not catch Charmander in the wild, at least not without a Game Shark.

Back