• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Strategy guide

Years
    I don't like surprises. I never have. Therefore, when I'm watching a show, reading a book or playing a game I always like to read about what is going to happen.

That's why I'm looking forward to the strategy guide. I know a lot of people think it's cheating, but because the game is so new, a lot of the information I want to look up is either wrong, or difficult to find. I also find the book more convenient than running back and forth to my laptop.

I've also been calling every day hoping it will be in. WHY DIDN'T IT COME OUT WITH THE GAME?! Argh.

Anyone else waiting for it?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Its already out. It came out yesterday I think. I bought one today at Gamestop, though it doesn't have any information about the new Pokemon other than their Breed Groups. Its just walk through info and some info on Pokemon-Amie and Super Training. The usually battle guide info is in there as well as the info on type match up, basic strategies and capturing Pokemon.

Years
    Yeah I was surprised it wasn't released the same same as the game. I've been thinking about getting it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money since most stuff is online now.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Its already out. It came out yesterday I think. I bought one today at Gamestop, though it doesn't have any information about the new Pokemon other than their Breed Groups. Its just walk through info and some info on Pokemon-Amie and Super Training. The usually battle guide info is in there as well as the info on type match up, basic strategies and capturing Pokemon.

I thought the strategy guide wasn't suppose to be out until next month, at least according to Amazon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I thought the strategy guide wasn't suppose to be out until next month, at least according to Amazon.

I've got a hardcover one that has all the basic info. It was dated for tuesday in all the stores around me, including Wal-Mart and my own Toys R Us. Even the book store Barns and Noble had them out.

Years
    I've been calling around and no where around here has it. Basically what I want to know is where everything is. Also, if you saw my home you'd know. We have no wall space left for bookshelves.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    I've got a hardcover one that has all the basic info. It was dated for tuesday in all the stores around me, including Wal-Mart and my own Toys R Us. Even the book store Barns and Noble had them out.

wait so there isn't a guide WITH the complete pokedex with the kalos pokemon? o.o

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's nice to see them release these guides, but unfortunately, I don't think I'll be buying them. I usually don't buy strategy guides. All game-related information can be found right in your computer with a simple click of a button, so why waste your money on something that you don't need? d: It's okay to buy these guides for collection purposes (and perhaps to look at all the beautiful artwork as well), but other than that, there's not much to it. xD If the makers had given us more in-depth info on these kind of strategy guides, things that can't normally be found online, then maybe I would've bought them. But that definitely isn't the case, though.

Back