• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Stuck before the elite four

Status
Not open for further replies.

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I haven't actually challenged the elite four yet but it's because I know I couldn't beat them.. I currently only have 5 pokemon, not sure what to use as a 6th and I'm having doubts about an exeggcute that I picked up in ilex forest.
    I feel like my team is undertrained although I explored most of the areas available to me. Barely got through the battle with clair between gyarados and kingdra >.<
    My team:
    Lvl 40 Feraligator
    Lvl 36 Flareon
    Lvl 37 Exeggcute - I'm having second guess's about this guy. I was going to wait until 47 to evolve him so my exeggcutor would have psychic but I dont think I could take leveling him that much more. Is exeggcutor worth it in the end?
    Lvl 37 Ampharos
    Lvl 36 Crobat

Also, thoughts on a 6'th pokemon if you feel like it haha

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    You'd want to repost this in the In-game Team Help section, either as a thread (in which case it's a team rate and you'd need to include movesets) or in the questions thread sticky for more basic stuff. Up to you there!

Note you've got the ability to rebattle people via the phone, and areas easily missable with trainers in them include surfing south of Goldenrod, in Union Cave and west of Cianwood (routes to the Safari Zone). And there'll be trainers to beat up post-Clair as well to reach the E4 (assuming you haven't yet done so - if you have then yeah, that team is a bit below the norm for levelling imo when reaching the E4).

As for Exeggcutor, I used him in a grass-monotype run and he was pretty useful in the end. It is a bit tedious to get it evolved after learning Psychic naturally (the hell @ HGSS level-up moveset for Exeggcutor =( ) but on the flip side you can teach it Psychic via TM soon enough post-E4 anyways. A bit hard to use before evolving (Leech Seed is always good for setup though!) and very useful after evolving particularly with Psychic. (I also went with Sunny Day + Solarbeam). But I wouldn't really suggest grining to level 47 to beat the E4 with it; that's overkill. =p

Rest of the team Pokemon are fine; just remember to keep the moves varied (so not just 3 water moves on Feraligatr, etc). Ice Fang is useful on that, and you could also use a Heart Scale to get Fire Punch on Ampharos. Anyways going to close; try that section if you want more thoughts as said! Good luck with beating up the E4 too. =p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back