• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] stuck between an outdated version and a bug

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
  • I'm currently using a very old and outdated version of Pokemon Essentials, and it has a glaring bug where Primal Pokemons won't revert back to their normal forms after the battle is done. this issue does not exist for mega pokemons however. updating my version of Pokemon Essentials would change the system / script so drastically that I practically have to re-build my game from ground up so I'd rather just find an easy fix for this bug. how can I figure out which version of Pokemon Essentials I'm using and how can I fix this issue?

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Try to download Pokémon Reborn and check what they did about that (they use v16, IIRC). Also, read their FAQs if you use some script made by them.

sharzin

Years
  • Try to download Pokémon Reborn and check what they did about that (they use v16, IIRC). Also, read their FAQs if you use some script made by them.

thanks for the tip. it looks like they made Primal Reversion a form of Mega Evolution with a different name. which leads me to believe that they made it before Essentials had Primal Reversion by default (unlike my version) thanks for the tip though. really appreciate it.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Try to download Pokémon Reborn and check what they did about that (they use v16, IIRC). Also, read their FAQs if you use some script made by them.

Pokémon Reborn uses Essentials 15, not 16 as the script sections use the older names

sharzin

Years

• I tried everything. putted it above the mega evolution section of the script as a separate script. did the same thing but below the mega evolution script instead of above, did the same thing but above the "main" and EBS scripts, heck, I even replaced the script with the already existing unprimal script in the mega evolution section (which gave me a syntax error but I managed to pull through) and none of those worked.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, if you have the mega evolution stuff in the scripts, you should be on v16, as that's the version that added the things. Assuming of course that once upon a time that it was a vanilla version to begin with. I don't know how you added the bug fix in, but it should just replace the original methods in Pokemon_Forms (or whatever the section name was, don't really want to pop open v16 to check).

sharzin

Years
  • Well, if you have the mega evolution stuff in the scripts, you should be on v16, as that's the version that added the things. Assuming of course that once upon a time that it was a vanilla version to begin with. I don't know how you added the bug fix in, but it should just replace the original methods in Pokemon_Forms (or whatever the section name was, don't really want to pop open v16 to check).

this is how it looks like
    stuck between an outdated version and a bug

sharzin

Years
  • okay, replace that with the code i linked. be sure not to replace that very last end on line 59, else you'll get a syntax error.

tried that and many more tricks (including doing the same thing but using the unmega script that works for mega pokemons instead of the script you showed and then changing the words "mega" into "primal") but that didn't work either. looks like I have to bullshit my way out of this with lore, something along the lines of "oh look, the villain changed the laws of time and space so much that certain pokemons can't even come back to their present forms after being reverted to their origins" or some other bullshit.

Back