• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stuff and whatnot.

-Oops

um no
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Well, I thought I'd post some of my drawings and doodles. I'm all up for critiques and opinions, or w/e.
    So. I started drawing digitally when I was around 12-13. Currently I'm 15. I've always loved to draw pokemon and recently I started drawing humans.
    I also thought of designing some fakemon. I don't really know who to do it with though. Yeah. These files will probably be too big. Whoops. I'll upload some more drawings later perhaps.
    Here's some recent one's :
    Stuff and whatnot.
    Stuff and whatnot.

Stuff and whatnot.

Stuff and whatnot.
    Stuff and whatnot.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh man, you have some great art skills!

I love the first 2 pieces, because the lighting and shading was done phenomanally well! Especially with the Porygon2 one, since I just freaking love Porygon2 :D

The human's were really great as well. The red-lined one should have a teensy bit more amrlength though, but its not very noticeable :D

And if you want to design some fakes, why not head over to the PokeCommunity Community PokeDex we have here? Everyone over there will love your artwork!

-Oops

um no
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    whoops I messed up ignore this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi there Oops! n_n;

I have to say, I really like your human pieces. If you've only recently started drawing humans, than I'm very, very impressed. You seem to have a talent for it. I have to recommend that you shade them out though. The girl that you colored seems to be very linear and flat, and I think some shading / highlighting will benefit that piece a whole lot.

As for your Pokemon well, wow. I mean, their quite simplistic, but the depth and texture in your shading is really outstanding. They look like actual paintings. :) I also adore that Poliwag. It has such an unconventional expression! Usually, all the Poliwag fanart have such bubbly and happy expressions.. whereas yours looks a little more on the contemplative side.. maybe even sad. I'm curious to know what your inspiration for that piece was!

You definitely have a lot to be proud of here. Especially since you're so young! Only 15 and you have an advanced grasp on the finer points of texture and shading. Things like anatomy recognition and comfort with light sources will come later and with practice but, for now, I think you're well on your way. I can't wait to see more! n_n;

-Oops

um no
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Hi there Oops! n_n;

I have to say, I really like your human pieces. If you've only recently started drawing humans, than I'm very, very impressed. You seem to have a talent for it. I have to recommend that you shade them out though. The girl that you colored seems to be very linear and flat, and I think some shading / highlighting will benefit that piece a whole lot.

As for your Pokemon well, wow. I mean, their quite simplistic, but the depth and texture in your shading is really outstanding. They look like actual paintings. :) I also adore that Poliwag. It has such an unconventional expression! Usually, all the Poliwag fanart have such bubbly and happy expressions.. whereas yours looks a little more on the contemplative side.. maybe even sad. I'm curious to know what your inspiration for that piece was!

You definitely have a lot to be proud of here. Especially since you're so young! Only 15 and you have an advanced grasp on the finer points of texture and shading. Things like anatomy recognition and comfort with light sources will come later and with practice but, for now, I think you're well on your way. I can't wait to see more! n_n;

Ahh wow thank you so much! I really appreciate your comment.
    The reason why I didn't shade it because I want to 'cell-shade' my human drawings but I really don't know how to do that yet so I just didn't bother with it. Lol.

Wow let me go die now pff. Noone has really told me anything similar to what you said. I always think that my drawing pretty much suck or could be better. Like, when I finish a drawing I'm like 'Oh wow this sucks I could've done that and that to make it better but I'm a lazy butt and I won't do anything' If you get what I mean.

Right now. I really want to become better at drawing people. And again, thanks for your comment!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    whoah your artwork is great. i love how you have your own certain style and shading technique when you made the pokemon pictures. what bothers me with the pokemon is that there is an outline. you should try getting rid of the outline and use some shading.
    the two people pieces are great. they're so realistic. i would definitely try your shading technique on the people like you did with the pokemon.
    i can't wait to see more.

-Oops

um no
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    whoah your artwork is great. i love how you have your own certain style and shading technique when you made the pokemon pictures. what bothers me with the pokemon is that there is an outline. you should try getting rid of the outline and use some shading.
    the two people pieces are great. they're so realistic. i would definitely try your shading technique on the people like you did with the pokemon.
    i can't wait to see more.

Thanks for the comment. I'll try to get rid of the outline in my next drawings. :)

Back