• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen stuff to do after beating the main story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    when you're done taking down the mastermind and save the world from an eternity of sorrow, you can't help but ask: "all is well, so, what now?"

do you keep on training your pokemon enough to face the champion or secret trainers? or retire and dress them up fancy for a musical? or maybe go where you couldn't before?

whatever the case, what would you do? would there be a time you'd get bored?

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    I found out that a lot of things I still could do after I defeated N. I mean, the right half of Unova was now available for me to explore, with three cities and more route full of touch trainers. In fact, the story still didn't entirely end for me as I still had to hunt down the Sages whom gave him small back story on N & Team Plasma which I was somewhat intrigued.

There's also more access areas you previously visited, which would contain more pokemon. Speaking of pokemon, there are also some more legendary pokemon you can now try your hand at catching like Kyurem and Tornadus/Thundarus.

I mean, I was glad with all the stuff I still got to do after I beat the game. I just managed to beat Morimoto today! Pokemon musicals aren't that bad either, I kind of got a bit addicted & stuff.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd explore Unova some more and take on the Battle Subway once I transfer over some old Pokemon from D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I've just completed the elite 4/main storyline so I've got loads more to go. I don't think I'll bother catching them all, but there's plenty of training and plot yet to complete.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I've just completed the game and right now I'm doing a series of tasks,

- Catch all Legends with benefiting natures. Done.
    - Catch every Unova Pokemon. Incomplete.
    - Defeat the battle subway. Haven't even started.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Shiny hunting, preparing for the WCS and such. I also spent alot of time in the GTS negotiations.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Post game stuff??

Hey just completed the story and was wondering if anyone knows of a usefull link that gives detail into all the post game stuff along with all the side quests for this game. I've browsed over google but had no luck, just really want a sense of direction to get the most i possibly can outa this sweet game. Cheers

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey just completed the story and was wondering if anyone knows of a usefull link that gives detail into all the post game stuff along with all the side quests for this game. I've browsed over google but had no luck, just really want a sense of direction to get the most i possibly can outa this sweet game. Cheers

Serebii probably has the answers throughout the site, but I can't find one direct link that'd help you. For now, since we do have a thread on what you can do post-game, you could probably get good responses here as people reply to the topic question, rather than in Simple Questions.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    I've been to every city and still haven't completed the game. There's lots of fun new Pokemon and trainers to battle. Say does anyone know if you can catch Zekrom in Black?

Years
    I do eventually get bored, will put it down for a few months and then resume again as normal.

But to answer your main question I tend to go and have a look around at the new places and see what old gen pokemon I can get my hands on, I also attempt to level up as many pokemon as I can and EV train anything I catch with a good nature in case I ever take to competitive battling one day.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Try to solve the abyssal ruins -_-" uggg ive tried strength couldnt use it, flash didnt work, waterfall puh-lease, cant dive while diving lol, the only 1 i havent tried is sweet scent :/ which i doubt works under water

and of course i explore everything about the region as much as i can :)

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Other half of Unova, Seven Sages, oh, and I still gotta catch 'em all...still quite a lot to do xD

Last edited:

Volcom22

Weepingbell Collector.. ^.^
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    I just beat the game for the 2nd time.. Now I'm focusing on leveling all/most my Pokemon to 100.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Actually, I was planning on going to Lacunosa Town. But I'm having a hard time when Pokemon trainers along the way has 60+ POKEMON. I mean, what's with the level shift!? My highest level is Serperior at 53!

Although, after I go to Lacunosa Town, I plan to train my Pokemon for a bit. I should have gotten Black, I'm not really interested in catching Pokemon in White Forest. <.<

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    At the moment I have a bunch of tasks:

* Complete my dex (it seems like a big task however I have almost a full dex in soul silver I can migrate them over when I get the 3ds so it's not so daunting)

* Find the sages (I've found two out of the six I need to find)

* Level up my main team to take on post story trainers easily (I'm almost finished this)

* Explore the Royal Unova more. (I tried today for the first time but only managed to beat 4 out of 5 trainers, plus my team was completely wrecked cause I brought no hyper potions)

* Complete the battle subway. (I've tried it once and quit after 7 battles, I'll try again but I'm not really fond of battles I can't get exp from)

* Catch a zen mode Darmanitan in the desert

* Figure out the mystery of the Abyssal ruins

* Explore relic castle more deeply

* Explore a new area in the dreamyard and catch the Musharna there.

* Eventually challenge the elite four again and defeat the champion. (With no rude interruptions this time :p )

* Explore the dream world when it goes online

* Explore Challengers cave

* Catch Kyurem & The Musketeer trio, get a Reshiram and Tornadus from someone else, then catch Landurus

* Play with musicals when I'm bored and happen to be passing the building

* Defeat all the riches in Undella town (that reminds me I need to go there again)

* Battle trainers in small and large courts in Nimbasa City

* Battle and Defeat Cynthia and the game freak guy

* Figure out what the point of Lacunosa Town actually is

* Find the guy in Twist Mountain who gives out fossils

* Visit Anville Town again on a weekend and try find some deals.

* Find the Abundant Shrine and explore it. (The one location I still have no clue where it is...even though I've been through every route)

* Gush at the novelty of people I've traded with appearing in Unity Tower

* Explore the Unova region in different seasons. (like winter)

* Get flash and explore wellspring cave when I can actually see where I'm going

* Explore Mistralton Cave, apparently it's not the same thing as Chargestone Cave.

So as you can see there's still plenty of things to do, it's overwhelming. I probably haven't listed everything either. I think there's more to do post game in Black/White than any previous game. I don't remember myself exploring very much in Diamond/Soul Silver after I beat the elite four.

On a side note, I have to say White Forest was a complete letdown. :( However I still stand by picking White, because it has Reuniclus. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    Where are the abyssal ruins? I haven't found them.
    Where you get Dive (I believe it is the Resortish area). Just to the right are Dive spots.

Actually, I was planning on going to Lacunosa Town. But I'm having a hard time when Pokemon trainers along the way has 60+ POKEMON. I mean, what's with the level shift!? My highest level is Serperior at 53!

Although, after I go to Lacunosa Town, I plan to train my Pokemon for a bit. I should have gotten Black, I'm not really interested in catching Pokemon in White Forest. <.<

Once you get to Lacunosa, you can take a trip into the Giant Chasm. You can farm Audinos there (they're generally level 50-55). By far the easiest way to level up quickly.

As for what I am doing, right now it's just exploring, trying to find every TM possible, and just finishing the post-E4 plot.

trespasser

Problem, officer?
    Years
    I'm a total perfectionist. Right now, I'm trying to catch every pokemon possible without trading, collecting every TM, training my pokemon to the max lvl, and trying to find Strength... Yeah, I can't find it....
    I guess I'm failing at training my pokemon, cause they aren't strong enough to beat any trainers to get to Undella town. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back