• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Stupid evos

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Game Freak isn't losing their ideas, but creating more ideas for other Pokemon that don't have an evolution or Pokemon that need another evolution. Like your knowing, Togekiss, or Ambipom.

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    But that's where they should of stopped, because Porygon-Z doesn't really make sense. I mean what is it, a porygon2 with depth added to it, hence the Z? Eh??

Porygon Z is some type of glitch or virus. That's why it's evo item is called a Dubious Disc. It's a disc with malicious data on it that was created to mess up a porygon.

I think they should have made Porygon Z an alternate to Porygon 2 rather than an Evo though... or let it evolve directly from Porygon as well as from Porygon 2...

I like Togekiss, although I never cared for it before I got my Serene Grace/Tri Attack Togepi from XD.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I like Togekiss. Togetic was ugly.

But I agree that some evolutions are lame and useless. As for me I just don't like the looks of Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electrivire, Magmortar, Probopass and Dusknoir. Ugly.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    Uhh, this shouldn't be based entirely on looks. Of course there are personal preferences, but just because a pokemon looks messed up, it suddenly doesn't need its evolution? Most of these weird looking pokemon needed an evolution to at least reach the UU or standard tier, and give players a reason to catch them. I mean really, how many late game teams with a gligar, while alot of them do have a gliscor.

Gamefreak should focus on fixing all of their pokemon, instead of just improving perfectly fine ones.

Btw they should actually make an evolution line when they make the game, instead of adding it 7 years later... I mean so what? Make it a bit harder or weaker to evolve, or at least make some of the basics really strong...

Like luvdisc, what is up with that?

I totally agree that stantler, quilfish, corsola, and any of its kind should be considered, instead of frequently used pokemon such as rhydon, magmar, and electrabuzz.

I was also hoping that glalie could evolve into a tier 3, I'm really more of a stronger pokemon fan, as opposed to the split gender which really just means

Choice of : 2 cool looking different gender average pokemon
    or 1 average looking tier 3 pokemon

Of course the touch to kirlia was pretty nice, but they should have done that when they released ruby, sapphire and emerald. Save themselves all the trouble of fixing stats and importing them later. Really the way gamefreak is running it now, they're fed up with editing and fixing old pokemon which should have been fixed in the first place.

My opinion... Over and Out ;)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Because Farfetch'd is retarded already, where as they made Magmar and Tangela retarded.

Electivire, Togekiss (which looks naff against Shaymin-S, but is still a rare breed), and Ambipom are awesome (Nasty Plot is only good competitively though)

Bela

Banned
    Years
    I don't like Probopass. I don't get how Magikarp evolves into Gyarados, or Remoraid into Octillery, or Remoraid into Milotic. That makes no sense!

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
    How in earth can you make a Remraid evolve into a Milotic?!?!!?
    And Magikarp's evolution revolves around a Japanese/Chinese myth of a Koi fish jumping to the top of a waterfall and turning into a dragon.

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years
    Yep, they overdid the evolutions to the already fine evolution lines, and left out the most important ones. I mean, I like the designs and ideas and everything else, but they weren't exactly needed.

But I do think that Ambipom, Gliscor, Honchkrow, Lickilicky, Mismagius, Probopass, Weavile and Yanmega were necessary (notice how they added way too many :S).

Corsola, Delibird, Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Girafarig, Shuckle, Stantler and Qwilfish were needed.

I agree. Especially to those above bolded.
    And I would add Tropius to that list of those "needy" ones too. However, I think Shuckle is fine the way it is. It's supposed to be defensive and I don't think it'll get much better than the way it already is.

I really liked Dusknoir, Togekiss (am I the only one??? D= ), Mismagius, Yanmega, Weavile, and Honchkrow.
    Rhyperior and Magmortar were TERRIBLE. Electivire was okay.

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    Rhyperior was unneeded. Ambipom and Lickilicky are just stupid looking. Yeah.

Rhyperior doesn't even look cool. Electivire is passable, though. I don't think evolution should be a choice between stats and aesthetics.
    A couple Gen IV Pokemon look like they should evolve, but don't, like Pachirisu and Carnivine. I'd also like to see a Gen II style evolution for Stantler, Heracross, Dunsparce, and Qwilfish.
    The point of having an evolution is to improve on stats, open doors to new strategies, and create a fiercer looking Pokemon. It's an adaptation.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
    I wasn't too impressed with the new evos for Gen I and II. And then there's Purugly, one of my least favorite Pokemon. Seriously, whose bright idea was that?​

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Oh yeah I totally forgot about Dusknoir. At first I was like Oh, Dusclops+Reaper Cloth, i'm gonna have me a dope reaper ghost pokemon! But then it evolves and it doesn't look anything at all like a reaper, and I don't just mean the fact that it doesn't have a scythe.

I mean I understand they wanted it to still look kind of like its previous evolution, but they still could of made it look more reaper like AND have it look like it predecessor.

Porygon Z is some type of glitch or virus. That's why it's evo item is called a Dubious Disc. It's a disc with malicious data on it that was created to mess up a porygon.

I think they should have made Porygon Z an alternate to Porygon 2 rather than an Evo though... or let it evolve directly from Porygon as well as from Porygon 2...

Oh lol..... that explains a lot, no wonder he looks like he's on drugs or something.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I personally believe Budew was a worthless Pokemon to make.
    And I don't like Cherrim's evolution, due to the fact it only looks good temporarily, and it's an ugly Pokemon when it's all "pruned" up. >.<

They need an evolution for a Farfetch'D, badly, but what kind of Pokemon could that be?

Years
    And yeah, I totally agree about Farfetch'd needing an evolution. It could be, like, just a bigger, fatter, meaner looking Pokémon, like a plump duck based on gluttony. FARTHERFETCH'D! :D

Absur'd, the ninja duck

Fighting/Flying

High Attack + Speed

Double leeks that are used like swords. Someone made a picture of it, but I can't find it.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    Rhyperior- I kind of like Rhyperior! Its ability makes it a good Pokmon as well as its stats. (It defeated a Mewtwo!) It does look a lot stranger than Rhydon, though...

Duskinoir- Dusclops is a lot better all thanks to this evo! 70 Atk to 100 Atk as well as higher Defense, Will-O-Wisp,a healing move that can take HP away from the other Pokemon, and a Ghost-typed Quick Attack to compensate for low Speed! What's not to love?

Gliscor-Eh....No. Even though Gliscor has purpose in the OU environment, it still can't block Rapid Spinners like Duskinoir. It also will get creamed if hit by an Ice Beam.
    It does look like Gligar, though...

Togekiss- ANOTHER Nomal-Flying type to add to the Dex? I don't think so.

Electivire- Electric types..... Can't really trust any of 'em except Jolteon. Anyway...125 Atk makes it a brutal attacker, but what of it? Gyarados humiliates the poor thing with one Earthquake thanks to its low Special Attack stopping Gyarados from dying.

Heck, with Pokemon like Tyranitar, Hippowdon, and Rhyperior running amok in the OU environment, you might as well say Electrive is a Electric time bomb wating to lose.

Magmortar- Yet another Pokemon I just plain HATE. It looks like a mentally retarded Bowser if you ask me.(Sorry, Bowser fans!) It dosen't even deserve to be in the Dex!

Magnezone-Another Electric type that Gyarados can kill easily. The only thing that's positive about it is it Special Attack. Its Defense is good, but not good enough.
    On top of that it's just plain ugly.

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    Electivire- Electric types..... Can't really trust any of 'em except Jolteon. Anyway...125 Atk makes it a brutal attacker, but what of it? Gyarados humiliates the poor thing with one Earthquake thanks to its low Special Attack stopping Gyarados from dying.

Heck, with Pokemon like Tyranitar, Hippowdon, and Rhyperior running amok in the OU environment, you might as well say Electrive is a Electric time bomb wating to lose.

Magnezone-Another Electric type that Gyarados can kill easily. The only thing that's positive about it is it Special Attack. Its Defense is good, but not good enough.
    On top of that it's just plain ugly.

I kinda like the Electric type. It only has one weakness on its own, and it's got some decent pokemon. I think it's the most underrepresented type in the whole dex! If you're so worried about Electivire's low Sp. Attack and Def, feed it carbos and teach it Thunder Punch.

Back