• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Stupid evos

Years
  • A lot of the Pokemon in Gen IV are evos of older Pokemon. Togekiss in particular annoys me. Togetic had some low stats, but it was clearly a defensive Pokemon. When they made Togekiss, they just slapped on a high Special Attack, as if high attack solves everything. Now it's just another sweeper, made unique only by its ability.

I think Game Freak is losing creativity. And they never even evolved the right Pokemon. Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Girafarig, and Stantler all needed a boost more than Magmar. Also, there were only five new Fire types; three are part of a starter line, and one is an evo of an older Pokemon. Meanwhile, ugly filler like Lickilicky and Mammoswine get through.

I still love the fourth Gen, but some of the new Pokemon frustrate me.

Last edited:

kreechurkid

I like Quagsires 'n' Xatus. :D
    Years
  • I agree with you, but some pokemon that don't evolve are just fine like that. Take Zangoose and Seviper. I could imagine an evo, but it'd just be the same.

What pokemon really needs an evo? TROPIUS! I can imagine it evolving to be a Grass-Dragon. I would totally train that, and it would be a unique typing. I don't think they really changed the trainer's life when Porygon-Z came out.

Years
  • Also, there were only four new Fire types; three are part of a starter line, and one is an evo of an older Pokemon.
    Spoiler:

I don't think they really changed the trainer's life when Porygon-Z came out.
    I love this Pokemon. A Nasty Plot and some speed can make this guy real tough.

I personally think that Rhydon, Magneton, and Dusclops didn't need evos.

kreechurkid

I like Quagsires 'n' Xatus. :D
    Years
  • Why don't we bring up Ambipom?

Aipom with 1 extra tail. Bah-zing. Sure, it has Nasty Plot, but why would they offer that if Ambipom's signature move is Double Hit (which is physical) plus it only learns 1 special attack by level up (Swift)?! Why, I just do not know.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Why don't we bring up Ambipom?

Aipom with 1 extra tail. Bah-zing. Sure, it has Nasty Plot, but why would they offer that if Ambipom's signature move is Double Hit (which is physical) plus it only learns 1 special attack by level up (Swift)?! Why, I just do not know.

I am kind of a fan of Ambipom. Aipom was pretty weak. But the design could definitely use some work.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    BIBAREL AND BIDOOF WERE so weird altho good HM slaves...

benthekid

Know one knows you like you do
    Years
  • i dont like togekiss ethier!gliscor is my fav sinnoh.some of them are naff!always the old ones are better-but onley johto and kanto. my fav hoenn is sceptile and in sinnoh i like ryperior,magmortar and gallade -gliscor most though!

ps:to ochigi i dont call them slaves......older kids call them worse,rude names......he he

Last edited:

Psychic Nick

Ready to bend to my will?...
    Years
  • The 4th gens evo's for the old First gen lot. They added evolutions to everything but Tarous it feels like. And they all look like freeking Megaman villains. Look at the one for Magmar and tell me that ISNT a freeking Buster on its arm lol

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • I agree. I was disappointed with Togekiss.

Togetic was screaming of awesomeness.
    Also bidoof/bibarel, I agree, are worthless, besides using them as HM Slaves.

Years
  • I wouldn't mind the evo's as much if they actually gave them GOOD designs!
    Magmortar for example...Magby and Magmar both have the bumps on their head , some claws and the signature nozzle snout that they blow fire out of....then with Magmortar all of a sudden his head is pretty much smooth and he barely HAD a mouth and instead freaking cannon arms.
    Rhyperior looks like they slapped Metang arms on Rhydon...and just doesn't even look like it could move properly. Ambipom...His bowlcut hair and funky nose bother the crud out of me D: His hands don't look right either. (the tail hands) I could go on....but I can't xD
    One question though .o. is Weavile a Hoenn or Sinnoh evo? If it's Sinnoh now THAT is an awesome design.

Years
  • Beh, a lot of them kinda sucked- either looked like they had nothing to do with the evolutionary line, or had very few changes. And that last one is supposed the be the one that changes it from a semi-powerful cute-ish... thing into a full-blown badash monster, that still looks like it's predecessor at least partially... Rhyperior sorta looks like they combined rhydon with a narwhal, covered it in red plate-like rocks, gave it a weird helmet, and called it a pokemon :/ (Hmm... Seeing that I was planning on evolving my Rhydon into Rhyperior, I'm going to need to check the stat differences...)

I actually kind of like the togekiss design, as in sprite, but honestly, if what we wanted were full-blown sweepers, we woulda just bought an Action Replay -_-

AEX

Years
  • You know more than me that Sunflora needs an Evo. Just look at it. =/

More relevant though, I'd say that Yanma didn't actually need an evolution, all it needed was Baton Pass. Porygon-Z is definitely welcomed, while Rhyperior was like mentioned before, unnecessary, but I don't mind. Electabuzz and Magmar were okay without evolutions, but oh well.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • The 4th gens evo's for the old First gen lot. They added evolutions to everything but Tarous it feels like. And they all look like freeking Megaman villains. Look at the one for Magmar and tell me that ISNT a freeking Buster on its arm lol

LOL! So true....

I didn't care much for the new evo's of the 1st gen pokemon, but what especially bothered me is Porygon-Z. I mean first you got Porygon, a polygon pokemon. K cool, so give it an evolution making it like a rendered wireframe, the next step in 3D. And they did.

But that's where they should of stopped, because Porygon-Z doesn't really make sense. I mean what is it, a porygon2 with depth added to it, hence the Z? Eh??

You know more than me that Sunflora needs an Evo. Just look at it. =/

But it goes from a sunflower seed to a sunflower, what the heck could possibly come after that, a bigger sunflower? :S

Years
  • I like all of them, minus lickilily and probopass. Freaking ugly. Ugh.

A little random thing I thought though. I always felt like Metagross should only have 2 legs instead of 4. =/

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
  • Meh, I liked Rypherior. Lickilicky on the other hand... But I like Magnezone and Magmortar. Gliscor radiates awesomness.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • I don't like a lot of the evolutions, but they don't bother me either. I kind of like some of them. I don't mind Lickilicky, I love all lizard Pokemon. I think it's a bit comical, being how much Lickitung enjoys food and eats all he can.
    Plus, it's not hard to keep my Lickitung from evolving. All I have to do is not let him learn Roll Out, and I never teach that to my Pokemon.
    A lot of the new evolutions are hard to obtain, so they don't bother me. If you don't want your Pokemon to evolve into the new Pokemon, don't let them. Instead of using Rhyperior, use Rhydon.

Back