• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Pokemon Things You Did/Thought When you Were Little

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    iused to think that when u pressed b and a wheneverr the pokeball moved u catch it

and it actually worked XD
    I had heard that you have to press B and 'down' when you throw the Pokeball for a better catch rate. And yes, I STILL have a habit of doing that when I throw a ball. XD

Other than that, I remember more stupid things that were done by other people:
    When my cousins first got Blue, they got stuck in Viridian forest for days. :'D They just didn't find where to get to Pewter City, they thought there was only a dead end.
    My little brother played his Sapphire, and when he had to battle Kyogre, he defeated it and saved the game! He was all like, "Yes! I beat Kyogre!" and I replied: "No, you idiot! You're supposed to capture it, not just defeat it!" :P

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I spent nearly a half an hour trying to figure out how to leave the house at the beginning of Blue. "Okay, there's a rug, but... where's the door...?" x-x

The first time one of my Pokemon got poisoned, I thought the game was glitched and restarted it without saving.

*sighs and goes off to replay Blue*

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    For me it would have been that back in primary as I was walking to school, I would ask myself which pokemon I would act as for that day and then I'd actually act like that pokemon for the rest of the day XD

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    My stupidest thing was that I put Typhlosion to my box 8... When I put that there my box 8 pokémons dissapeared!!! When I went to change box it said it has all of the pokémons there, but when I pushed withdraw...THERE'S NOTHING!!! There went my lvl 96 Typhlosion and other pokémons! That was some kind of glitch or something... I never had my Typhlosion back so I stopped playing that save game... (This is more accident or something... but it's also my stupidest thing in a pokémon game!)

Reira

Living For A Reason
    Years
    I was 10 and just got through The Elite Four in Pokémon, all my pokémon was like lvl 70... Then I visited my friend, and we arranged that the both of us started all over in our Pokémon games (without saving), and then see if we could beat Gary with 3, level 5 pokémon...... Then we started our games all over, and I chose a Bulbasaur and randomly called it "Treestump" ... then I catched a Pidgey and called it "Stupidbutt" ... And then, my last pokémon was Nidoran(male) - I called it "Banana(female)" .. I beated Gary and went happily to the Pokémon Center.. BUT! Because of my reflexes I just saved the game, without realising I actaully did that.............. Then when I turned off the game, to play with my good lvl 70 pokémon, I was at the pokémon center with 3 REALLY weak pokémon called REALLY strange names! T___T.. MAN! I got angry! (Sorry about my english.. .__.)

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    Yes, I too was a believer of Mewthree, or Chrono Mew .. =D
    In fact, I believed a lot of the RBY rumours.. Especially the truck thing...

Okay but when Gold came out, I got it, discovered that Pokemon could hold items, then I thought that if I made them hold a a TM or HM, they would be able to use that move in battle.. xD

Cheshire

nite-owl loves to party
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    then I catched a Pidgey and called it "Stupidbutt" ...

Lol, stupidbutt.

My Squirtle got poisoned on blue when I was a kid and i though when it fainted that it died and wouldnt come back. D:

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    I thought that Vulpix was the best pokemon in the whole game.
    Yahh, I'm not sure.

I also thought that Pokemon actually existed, we just couldn't see them.

iPochama

loving pokemon tcg on gameboy.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I buried my pikachu plushie in a beach near our holiday home. My sister said if i did, we would come back the next day and it would be real. So yeah, um the next week theres a chewed up pikachu plush on the beach and one really distraught kid. But she said it was fine anyway because she took his soul xD.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I believed that Mew had something to do with the truck. I tried strength on the truck and nothing happened. Then I tried to use cut next to one of the tires. Nothing. Little did I know there actually was a Mew glitch in RBY.

I also used a GameShark on my Crystal version. It was some stupid cheat. It got my Feraligatr to level 100 instantly after a battle. It only got his Atk and Sp.Atk stats up though. I tried to use him against a tough gym leader. the gym leader attacked (Level like 40 or something) and it 1HKO'd me. How embarassing. Lol.

vanna.

I like sequins.
    Years
    I remember when I got my Blue game, I thought that the down arrow that appeared in the dialouge boxes actually meant you had to press the down arrow to read the rest of the text, haha :'[ I was so confused when the A button worked but not the down arrow XD

Shadow Umbreon Xd 002

Shadow. Lord of speed.
    Years
    When i was like 8 a read this thing that says that if you release oll of your pokemon in firered except for a magickarp and then save you would beat the league i was going to do it but i couldnt find my game and when i did find it i had forgotten about the cheat.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I've killed Red Garydos twice (I've restarted the game twice) and I've killed Lugia in silver WHITOUT SAVING! Also I sold metalcoat! I've restarted the game four times and now the game was erased and I cannot duplicate my pokemon (Do you know why?)

Back