• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Rumors

xXI JOE IXx

We have all been playing Pokemon for ages, we have all heard funny and stupid rumors, post them here and make us laugh! Set it out like this:

Version of game:
    Rumor:
    Heard it where:

Ill start off

Version of the game: Blue\Red
    Rumor: If you go to the Rocket game corner after you have been to the SS anne truck, you can pick up the keys somebody has left, if you then go back to the truck you get in and drive it into the sea. Mew saves you from under the truck and then you battle him.
    Heard it where: My friend

Post your rumors :D

EDIT: I have just realised there is a forum similar to this, if this gets popular merge it with the other one please

Last edited:

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
    version of game:yellow
    rumor:catch all 150 Pokemon and go back to cerulean cave to see mew.
    heard it where:the internet

its probably one you all heard...but a rumors a rumor...

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    this isn't going the way OP told us to post it but i wanna say have any of you guys seen Pikablue? or something? i was playing yellow i believe and something that looked like marill showed up

Ayselipera

Rumor: If you defeat the Pokemon League 20 times you would face and orange colored team called Team Crystal at the Radio Tower in Lavender Town.
    Heard it where: My cousin. I sadly believed her.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Version of game:Fire Red
    Rumor:When defeating the elite four 5 times in a row in under 100 hours you get a special event gift.
    Heard it where:Friend.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Version of game: Yellow
    Rumor: If you go to where the SS Anne once was an fish there you battle a Mew
    Heard it where: Brother and friends.

Divine~Deoxys

rumor: use rock smash on a timid female swellow on the door that closes behind you when you go to battle elite four sidney, and you get darkrai.
    heard where: interwebz

xXI JOE IXx

Version of game: Sapphire
    Rumor: If you beat the pokemon leauge 61 times then go to lillycove department store, you can look through binoculars on the roof, you see a grey pokemon that looks like lugia, it then attacks you and it is level 100, apparently he wasn't in the pokedex and was the pokemon god.
    Heard it where: Some little fat kid on holiday. I sadly believed him and tryed it. I feel like such a idiot now the REAL pokemon god arceus has been made XD

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Version of game: R/S
    Rumor: That Lugia and Ho-Oh were gonna be in it
    Heard it where: Pre release rumours.

I was sorta disappointed when they weren't in there.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Version of game: Red/Blue/Green
    Rumor: If you go to Cerulean cave with a Dragonite and then use a rare candy, then dragonite's head will look like a Yoshi's head
    Heard: from a friend

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Version: Blue
    Rumor: That is you catch MissingNo., you'll game cartridge will cease to operate.
    Heard It: Neighbor and Sister.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Version: G/S
    Rumor: That there was a whole bunch of new Pikachu evolutions. Pikawizard, Pikablue, NeoPikachu, the list goes on and on.....
    Heard It: At school, 1st grade, pre-release rumors

Version: R/S
    Rumor: If you catch 20 of Latios or Latias and trade them to a guy in the Art Gallery in Lilycove City he will give you either a Kyorge or Groudon
    Heard It: My idiot of a friend who claims read from Cheat Planet

xXI JOE IXx

Rumor: That there was a whole bunch of new Pikachu evolutions. Pikawizard, Pikablue, NeoPikachu, the list goes on and on.....
    Heard It: At school, 1st grade, pre-release rumors

Version: R/S
    Rumor: If you catch 20 of Latios or Latias and trade them to a guy in the Art Gallery in Lilycove City he will give you either a Kyorge or Groudon
    Heard It: My idiot of a friend who claims read from Cheat Planet

He probably did, all kinds of junk comes from cheat planet :p

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Gold/Silver

If you beat the elite 4 54 times, you can go to the Cerulean Gym, and youll see Oak, Your Mom, Misty and Bill doing... things i cant say on here. The after if you go back home and talk to your mom, shell take all your money away.

some website on the internet, i saw it like forever ago

im being dead serious, hopefully someone else has seen this rumor

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Version of game: R/S/E
    Rumor: If the scientist in the Space Center says number 100 or something, you fly to the moon to catch Jirachi and/or Deoxys.
    Heard it where: A Pokémon Forum, not Pokecommunity.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Version: DPPt
    Rumor: If you released all of your pokémon except for really weak ones like lv.1 or 2 Starlys and have them in your party, go to Canalave City and talk to the boat guy and he'll say that it's like unfortunate that you don't have many pokemon and he will take you to "Benco City" Once there you could regain all the pokemon you released and get more....?
    Heard: From friend and internet.... never did it though [i'm not that stupid]

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    this isn't going the way OP told us to post it but i wanna say have any of you guys seen Pikablue? or something? i was playing yellow i believe and something that looked like marill showed up

The thread is for posting stupid rumours you heard mate, not making up new one's and thinking we are all stupid enough to believe you.

Version of game: Blue
    Rumor: If you Rock Smashed a boulder in Cerulean Cave 9001 times, Mewthree would appear.
    Heard it where: Interwebz

Don't know why someone bothered making that up since there was no Rock Smash in Blue lol.

Version of game: Red/Blue
    Rumor: Mew in the truck
    Heard it where: School back in '98

Version of game: Gold/Silver
    Rumor: Celebi in Cerulean Cave
    Heard it where: School back in '01

Back