• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Rumors

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Version of game: G/S/C
    Rumour: The first time you ride the SS Tidal, if you looked in every single bin then in the last one (in the captain's cabin) you would find 99 Masterballs.
    Heard it where: Intermoose
    Sadly me and my friend spent countless wasted hours attempting this when we were young and naive.

Version of game: R/G/B/Y
    Rumour: If you put in a certain Gameshark code then Mewtwo would be replaced by Yoshi in Cerulean Cave.
    Heard it where: Intermoose
    At least I never tried this one, mainly because I never had a Gameshark/Action Replay

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years
  • Version of game: reb/blue
    Rumor: I don't remember all the details but if you enter the trunk near the SS Anne, you can travel to johto.
    Heard it where: On some site for pokemon glitches, i never did it though.

Version of game: ruby/saphire
    Rumor: If you talk to your mom like 100 times she will get angry and battle you. If you win, team magma/aqua, depending on the game, will burst through the ceiling and give you a chance to join their team.
    Heard it where: Another unreliable site for glitches

I'm sure I've heard others but these are the oddest ones.

Dark Shaymin

Banned
    Years
  • Version of Game:D/P/Pt
    Rumor:If you catch all the Legendaries in the game and then bring six to the Spear Pillar, Missingno. will suddenly appear.
    Heard it Where:Gamespot.com

Version of Game:D/P/Pt
    Rumor:If you go to the top of the Lost Tower with a Member Card, you can catch Entei.
    Heard it Where:Don't remember.

I got a whole lot more, but don't feel like listing 'em.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Version: Red/Blue
    Rumor: Defeat Mewtwo, then press A where he was standing to get a Mist Stone. Give the Mist Stone to Blastoise, Charizard, or Venusaur to make them evolve
    Where I heard it: My cousin and the internet

Phoenix2389

ex-Gym Leader and Ice Warrior
    Years
  • Version of game: Any, but i heard it around when GSC was out
    Rumor: If you use Splash all 40 times it will do a one hit kill.
    Heard it where: My Cousin

Version of game:GCS
    Rumor: under no specific Circumstances Blastoise, Chariard and venusaur will evolve into the three starters from GCS

Heard it where: A friend

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Version of game: Fire Red/ Leaf Green
    Rumor: If you beat the Elite Four 100 times, and finished the dex, you battle Proffesor Oak and he has a Celebi, Mew, and the Legendary Birds.
    Heard it where: Internet.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Version: G/S/C
    Rumor: Go right of Ecruteak City and surf near the cave and a Gold Gyarados will appear, then take your Gold Gyarados to the bug catching contest and when it is finished all the Pokemon in your team will be shiny.
    Heard it from where: Friend, I believed him back then since he had all these level 100 Shiny Pokemon.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Version of Game: Red/Blue
    Rumor: If you managed to defeat the E4, you'd be let into the cave behind Cerulean City so you can catch Mewtwo
    Heard it where: The internet

I've never been able to beat the E4 myself to test it out, but this rumor just won't die. >_<

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Version of Game: Red/Blue
    Rumor: If you managed to defeat the E4, you'd be let into the cave behind Cerulean City so you can catch Mewtwo
    Heard it where: The internet

I've never been able to beat the E4 myself to test it out, but this rumor just won't die. >_<

That's not a rumor, that's actually how you get Mewtwo the legit way in GenI.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I think he was joking. XD

Way to spoil my fun. XD

in all seriousness though...

Version of the game: Blue\Red
    Rumor: catch all 150 pokemon and you can then travel back to the Unknown Dungeon to capture Yoshi
    Heard it where: Internets

There was also a rumor in which you can capture Prof. Oak as a pokemon and battle with him. I never fell for any of them though...more because I was too lazy to try them than because I thought they were fake. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Version; Ruby/Sapphire
    Rumor; Talk to the guy at the Space Center until he says the the flights are success and asks you if you'd like to go. You fly somewhere and voila, Deoxys.
    Means; surfer sur Internet

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Version of game: Red/Blue/Yellow
    Rumor: If you leave your Gameboy on 24 hours straight in the cave Mewtwo was in, Pikablue will appear
    Heard it from: Friend

and how cool would it be if all these were true

Last edited:
    Years
  • Version of Game: R/S/E
    Rumor: When you keep battle the Elite Four 100 times,you can kick(literally) the girl that stands infront of the E4 Entrance.
    Heard it From: From the lovely Internet..

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • I have 2 from Red/Blue

Version of Game:
    Red/Blue
    Rumor: The classic keys to Mew incident of the SS Anne.
    Heard from: Some random in a locker room

Version of Game: Red/Blue
    Rumor: The if you took 100 steps in Mount Moon, with a Repel active, stopping between each one, a Togepi would appear.
    Heard From: My sisters friend.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Version of game: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow
    Rumor: After you obtain all three legendary birds and defeat the elite four, head over to Mewtwo's cave. After catching Mewtwo, return with Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, and a pokemon with Flash in the front of your party in the specific order. Use Flash at Mewtwo's spot. A mutation of the trio will apear at levl 75 and will have four types Fire, Ice, Thunder, and Flying. The pokemon can only be captured with a Masterball.
    Heard it where: Friends, I actually tried it on Yellow when I was 10 ToT

LegendMaster97

Commander of SuperRares!!!!
    Years
  • Gold/Silver

If you beat the elite 4 54 times, you can go to the Cerulean Gym, and youll see Oak, Your Mom, Misty and Bill doing... things i cant say on here. The after if you go back home and talk to your mom, shell take all your money away.

If only theese were true. Hahaha no im not that sick.

Game: D/P/Pt
    What: if you use a ar to get a rage candy bar, it will be 5 rare candies instead of a 20 hp healer. use it on any level 99 legendary to make it evolve.
    Where: my friends after seing Giratina and the Sky warrior. they then told me it was fake. i felt reallllllllllyy stupid :t295: because i was in 6th grade.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Version of game: Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow
    Rumor: Use Itemfinder 100 times in Mt. Moon, on the 100th Try, you'll pick up a Key Item called "Egg". It will eventually hatch into Togepi, the specifics of which I forgot a long while ago.
    Heard it where: Girl on The School Bus

This was in 1st Gen, before Pokemon Eggs were an actual part of the games.

Version of game: 1st Gen
    Rumor: There is a Pokemon Pink starring Jigglypuff, a Purple Version starring Mewtwo, ect. Basically it's the numerous rumors at my school about *Insert Colour Here* Versions existing.
    Heard it where: School Playground, School Bus, ect.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Version of game:G/S/C
    Rumor:If you transfer mewtwo and breed with ditto you get Mew eggs.
    Heard it where:Friend of a friend.
    -
    Version of game:G/S/C
    Rumor:If you breed shines, the hatched pokemon will be shiny.
    Heard it where:Some fat guy at my dad's friends birthday party.
    -
    Version of game:G/S/C
    Rumor:When you've completed your pokedex (Excluding Celebi) you get GS ball.
    Heard it where:Friend of my brother.

Years
  • Version of Game: R/S/E
    Rumour: You don't know a Pokemon's shiny until you've caught it and they can be multiple colours. :S Amongst others such as 'stereotypical' OMG space fight to catch Jirachi/Deoxys.
    Heard It Where: My friend around 5 or 6 years ago, I quickly proved him wrong using Google, he argued by claiming that he'd done it so he'd know etc etc. XD

Back