• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Subliminal Messages in Pokemon

Years
  • OMG! Pokemon is poisoning our minds with subliminal mesages. I still like Pokemon but the English dubbers are crazy. I was watching an episode of Pokemon backwards (don't ask why) and I heard James say "Leo Burnette and 4Kids are the devil! Leo Burnette!" and I was like "Did I really just hear that." I watched that part again and I heard it again. I just wanted to bring it up.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I think they did that on purpose. Now where's the mind poison we're all worried about?

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    I've seen that. xD I don't understand why 4Kids would say that about themselves, or how Leo Burnett has anything to do with it.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I've seen that. xD I don't understand why 4Kids would say that about themselves, or how Leo Burnett has anything to do with it.

I think it was a jab at the higher-ups by the voice actors. Whoever looks at it before it goes on air probably doesn't watch it backwards. It's just speculation, though.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • It's obvious you'll find something if you look at every episodes to find a message. I mean COME ON, you guy's are a joke.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • This thread - intresting as it may be - belongs in the Pokemon TV Shows and Movies forum, so I'll move it there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    If you're told "Hey, look, if you listen to it, you'll hear [phrase]"

You'll probably respond "omgz! totally! I'll go post about it on the Internet!"

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It sounds so weird. I want to see that episode in entirety because it just SOUNDED backwards at first. Did'n make any sense for him to say "live dfjfdd jdjamslald dl,snoel!"

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    when played normally what does james say coz i can hear him
    but i can hear him backwards ... and WOW :O scary its really clear as well

Back