• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Subliminal Messages in Pokemon

Years
    Wanna know what other messages are in it that I found? The first time I watched it, I suddenly wanted to catch 'em all. I also started to hate 4Kids after watching the show. And who's Leo Burnett. I heard it in the message (original post and a few past it), all I know is that I hate him, and that Pokemon thinks he's the devil.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    OMG! I thought that was funny at first but yeah watch it a few more times, it starts to give me the creeps.....yeah....but who is Leo Burnett? maybe he is the owner of 4kids O_O" yeah then he is a devil....this is starting to scare me now reading the above comments....

Last edited:

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    LMAO! I don't know whether to laugh or hide under my bed. It's funny, I want to think it was a jab at the higher ups by the voice actors(as someone above said), because that would just make Eric Stuart(James) even that much more awesome...XD

But I have to go google Leo Burnett now. Whoever he is...XD

I like how they used the Prince of Persia SOT sound effect in the video too...lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    that... was creepy.... and i hate 4kids.... im gonna have nightmares Dx
    who is leo burnette....?

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I already hated 4Kids...glad to know James agrees with me. xD

According to Wikipedia, Leo Burnett was a famous marketing guru who invented such icons as the Jolly Green Giant, Toucan Sam, the tuna fish for Chicken of the Sea, and a bunch of others. He died in 1971. I don't see why he's the devil, unless there is a different Leo Burnett!

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    Nope, apparently the message is referring to that Leo Burnett. According to here, "Burnett is credited with the idea of using cartoons and animation to help target children in advertising." I guess James is sending his disapproval not only to 4Kids, but to the sneaky but ingenious idea to take advantage of kids by marketing means via cartoons.

Years
    I rolled my eyes when I found this thread, but after seeing the video...

o_O That's the clearest backwards message I've ever heard.

And on a random note, the Prince of Persia sound effect was lol.

Last edited:

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    I have to agree on the outstanding clarity of that message. When I first looked at the thread, I automatically had skepticism, knowing the nature of subliminal messages. But this one was so clear that it's pretty hard to call this case a coincidence.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Wow. That's probably the clearest subliminal message I've ever heard. Huh. I'm getting the feeling that it was done on purpose for whatever reason. It feels like the message was recorded and then that one was put backwards, which was put into the regular show where James is just mumbling nonsense inside of Victreebel.

That is pretty freaking scary.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Wow. That's probably the clearest subliminal message I've ever heard. Huh. I'm getting the feeling that it was done on purpose for whatever reason. It feels like the message was recorded and then that one was put backwards, which was put into the regular show where James is just mumbling nonsense inside of Victreebel.

That is pretty freaking scary.

If you're told "Hey, doesn't this backwards audio sounds like [phrase]?" then guess what, you're going to hear it. Power of suggestion.

Back