• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SUGGESTION]IBRpg and IB Store

Do you wan't IBRpg and IB store?

• yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
  • I think that almost everybody knows what they are.Anyway I think that they would be a great adition to the community.So here is a poll,it is pretty basic,simple yes or no.

note: I know that now you don't have the resorces for this,but this way you'll know do members whan't them or not.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • I've never seen much point behind those RPG systems; I find text-based RPs to be a lot more fun. o_o;

And we don't really need a store-type thingy, as that encourages people to spam for points. =\ So, I'm saying no.

Kurosaki

Like Ty said, text RPs are a lot more fun, and PC has no need for IBRping. We have the two normal RP forums, which are a lot better. I'm saying no too.

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • I'm sure all they need to know is that it involves some form of gathering points, buying stuff from a store and other additional things. (was made clear earlier from Kyogre-chan that they knew what you were on about) At a forum I go to, we use a system for vB called RPG Inferno, and it was created there for users to come by and play. My real point is that that forum is a gaming site, this is a Pokemon site. It'll most likely draw users into a bad direction.(in our case, we wanted it to go in the gaming direction, since that is what the forum is all about) From my experience of forum RPG installations...

1.Users will go nuts over it like there is no tomorrow. (must I get into depth? think of it as the rep system)
    2.Complaints
    3.Spamming as said above
    4. etc. etc.

The list goes on. It's a nice idea, but I'm not for it as I've personally seen how things would turn out. It works at some forums and in some places it just doesn't belong. (may not belong here =/)

~Blade~

Kurosaki

You think our server as it stands could handle something like that anyways? XD
    It's an interesting idea, its just not something PC members need. As I don't see a large amount of members taking interest in this idea. >>

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Blade and Yukito's posts disagree, mainly in the fact that blade states people will go crazy and yukito thinks it will be an unpopular desicion.

I side with Blade except I believe the popularity it recieves will be a positive thing

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • husk1442 said:
    Blade and Yukito's posts disagree, mainly in the fact that blade states people will go crazy and yukito thinks it will be an unpopular desicion.

I side with Blade except I believe the popularity it recieves will be a positive thing

Well yea, I dont expect it not to be popular. My statement on ''crazy users'' is the fact you'll see a lot of threads on that one feature. Maybe t00 much for comfort.(may go into a problem lane from one point or another) It'll be like another rep fab and that once turned out to be a very big pain in the long run. Who knows, could turn out for the worse or better.. I just feel bringing that to a pokemon site wont work out in several cases, though, that is just my thought on the whole thing. ^_^

~Blade~

Years
  • Just a tip IBRpg has so many glicths you will die trying to fix them all but ibstore is handy is you can get it on vb plus half the time when you install ibrpg the admin cp will come up with errors in the templates but i say the forum needs ibstore since it rocks

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
  • As I can see almost all the members here don't watch the anime anymore,also almost everybody here playes Pokemon RPG games and there are some here that aren't really that into Pokemon,but they like the community...From my aspect it seems to me it is more a gaming forum than a anime one.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    well if anything needs scripting tell me; i can do: java, html, javascript, visual basic, python and more

Years
  • DarkPegasus said:
    As I can see almost all the members here don't watch the anime anymore,also almost everybody here playes Pokemon RPG games and there are some here that aren't really that into Pokemon,but they like the community...From my aspect it seems to me it is more a gaming forum than a anime one.
    There are so many better hacks then ibrpg i can think of for one inferno and one more cant remember the name but it rocks and is ibrpg even able to get onto a vb board?

Kurosaki

This is starting to sound more like advertising then giving a suggestion now...

Years
  • i have not advertised anything im stating what i think is better if went to my old forum you would know the tons of things wrong with it and inferno is good but meh i making the topic go no where but i agree with ibstore

Years
  • WHat about interior rpg? its hack of the year for vb and no.1 on my hack list walkable land isnt everything......its what comes with it good support and other functions ect not just the fact you can turn it into a pokemon game and if the admins wish ill leave a direct link to interior rpg so they can check it out for themselves

Years
  • Darth Revan said:
    WHat about interior rpg? its hack of the year for vb and no.1 on my hack list walkable land isnt everything......its what comes with it good support and other functions ect not just the fact you can turn it into a pokemon game and if the admins wish ill leave a direct link to interior rpg so they can check it out for themselves
    Do you mean Inderno RPG? As stated before, PC's server could NOT handle any more load, and BTW, Inferno is not free.

Back