• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestions for the anime series

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    There was one episode where Meat Eating Pokemon was mention in episode 46 (Japanese) Resurrection!? Fossil Pokemon! or (English) Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't remember that one, but I'll have to check it out sometime. I think a nice little twist for the anime, just my own idea, is for the third member to join the group next gen should be a male who wants to be a coordinator or something. But of course we've got to have a female character too, so I saw give the new male a little sister, someone like Max but not so annoying like some called him to be. I don't know I'd just like to see how that plays out for the anime xD Maybe it could be a good suggestion for the anime.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    EARLY ANIME = FAIL

Well, not really, but my point is that the most commonly referred to 'fish' are seen out of the window of the S.S. Anne and in the cerulean gym (if you've seen them elsewhere, then fair enough) which were both early episodes. Early episodes are not reliable for continuity.

What makes "early episodes...not reliable for continuity"? Just because they weren't expecting the anime to go on farther than Kanto doesn't make those episodes any less in continuity.

Besides the early episodes showing actual animals, and the vegetation seen in almost every episode, the 9th movie has coral. And yes, coral is an animal.

I can find real-world animals being shown up until at least the Madden's Peak episode. And of course, they've been referenced numerous times in Pokedex entries.

EDIT: There's also the background noise that features birds and insects that's in almost every episode. Though from my understanding, it's often not as prominent in the dubs.
    But randomspot555, says some other user, I haven't seen an animal in Pokemon in 5 years. Answer that smarty pants!

Well, it's just because the focus of the show is on Pokemon. With 493 Pokemon out there, there's more than enough to have Pokes in the background instead of using a real-world animal. But real-world animals do exist in Pokemon. The movies, games, manga *, and anime, with every one except the games actually showing animals, and all at least reference them.

*I'm not a fan of the manga, but my understanding is that they aren't necessarily all in the same continuity. So that might not be true for all manga.)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Referencing animals =/= animals currently existing.

My opinion would be that animals have recently existed, but have either evolved into or been wiped out by superior pokemon. And yeah, coral might be an animal, but how many of the 5-12 year olds watching poemon know that?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Something they should do is create a few episodes introducing porygon (old but its episode was banned xD) porygon 2 and porygon 3...I think a lot of fans of these three Pokémon would like that :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Referencing animals =/= animals currently existing.

Real-world animals have been seen and referenced in the anime. That's not debatable. And there's no reason to doubt if old episodes are in continuity, unless you're going to go so far as to say Kanto isn't in continuity. There's also no reason to doubt that they currently exist, because birds and insect noises are heard in the background of almost every episode. (And even so, if they're referenced, they have existed at some point)

You can't cherry pick what happens and what doesn't. Did Pidgey eat a worm in the third episode? Yes or no?

And yeah, coral might be an animal, but how many of the 5-12 year olds watching poemon know that?
    It's not "might be an animal." It is. What a 5 year old knows or doesn't is irrelevant.

Years
    Real-world animals have been seen and referenced in the anime. That's not debatable. And there's no reason to doubt if old episodes are in continuity, unless you're going to go so far as to say Kanto isn't in continuity.

You can't cherry pick what happens and what doesn't.

I'm not "cherry picking", I'm simply stating the fact that early anime isn't reliable. For example, when Muk was first caught, there were references to how it smelt so bad that its smell was leaking through the Pokeball. Whenever it reappeared, there was no reference to it whatsoever. And lets not forget Pikachu killing Geodude because it was just that uber.

It's not "might be an animal." It is. What a 5 year old knows or doesn't is irrelevant.

It's a figure of speech. Get over yourself.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I'm not "cherry picking", I'm simply stating the fact that early anime isn't reliable.

Television shows or other serial medias contradicting themselves isn't new. But that doesn't make it not in continuity, nor is it not reliable. Kanto very clearly happened, despite whatever contradictions it had. And yes, choosing which parts of the episode are and aren't reliable is cherry picking.

But you mention game mechanics and a rarely-seen capture, Muk...but there's nothing contradicting animals in Pokemon. They've been seen, they've been referenced over and over again, and can be heard in the background of almost every episode.

It's a figure of speech. Get over yourself.
    There was nothing in there that was a figure of speech. Coral is an animal.

Years
    Television shows or other serial medias contradicting themselves isn't new. But that doesn't make it not in continuity.

Right, I guess that calling it a continuity error is just coincidental, then?

But you mention game mechanics and a rarely-seen capture, Muk...but there's nothing contradicting animals in Pokemon. They've been seen, they've been referenced over and over again, and can be heard in the background of almost every episode.

nothing aside from the fact that the only animals that have been seen are in the very first episodes? My point is that if some things can't be changed later, the existence of animals is no different.

There was nothing in there that was a figure of speech. Coral is an animal.

I'm perfectly aware that coral is an animal. And yes, it is a figure of speech meaning: "even though coral is an animal, more than half the people watching the show won't know that."

This debate is getting a bit off-topic, though, so if you want to continue it, let's take it to PMs, 'kay?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This debate is getting a bit off-topic, though, so if you want to continue it, let's take it to PMs, 'kay?

I say you have the right idea over here.

Anyway, hmm another suggestion I might have is to create a cool episode where Ash is returning to the Kanto after the Sinnoh League, bump into an old gym leader [anyone, doesn't matter to me] and have a rematch, that would be pretty neat to see...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Erike would be nice, and if possible they could even introduce the new 5th Gen Pokémon that way, you think?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No, it has not even appeared in any future episodes as yet. I do agree though that it is a good way that they can use Erika for showcasing Leafeon.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I say you have the right idea over here.

Anyway, hmm another suggestion I might have is to create a cool episode where Ash is returning to the Kanto after the Sinnoh League, bump into an old gym leader [anyone, doesn't matter to me] and have a rematch, that would be pretty neat to see...

idk about you, but that sounds cliche and boring.

Years
    idk about you, but that sounds cliche and boring.
    how is a rematch is boring? I hope ash will have 1-2 rematches,or maybe a battle against Janine and meet Wii and Karen when he travels through Johto.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    how is a rematch is boring?

I mean....what for really? Its like the rematch against wattson, pretty pointless. There's nothing to really gain from a rematch....rather than actually EARN the victory :P

I hope ash will have 1-2 rematches,or maybe a battle against Janine and meet Wii and Karen when he travels through Johto.
    Janine maybe...

Years
    I mean....what for really? Its like the rematch against wattson, pretty pointless. There's nothing to really gain from a rematch....rather than actually EARN the victory
    It was fun to watch:knockedou
    I just mean that traveling through a whole region,like they did in BF, and never meet any of the gym leaders over there, is pretty stupid.
    Even if each gym leader will just be a special guest or something in the BF facility next to his town could be fine.
    Janine maybe...
    Don't you want to see more E4 members in the show? I never understood why they don't feature them.

Back